Poll

Online file storage like Google Drive? (monthly prices)

50GB ($3.00)
41 (11.2%)
100GB ($4.50)
17 (4.7%)
250GB ($7.50)
10 (2.7%)
500GB ($12.50)
7 (1.9%)
750GB ($16)
6 (1.6%)
1TB ($20)
30 (8.2%)
2-8TB (proportional to 1TB price)
0 (0%)
8-16TB (proportional to 1TB price)
43 (11.8%)
Prices too high (READ)
44 (12.1%)
No desire
167 (45.8%)

Total Members Voted: 365

Author Topic: Kaphost Blockland Servers  (Read 553218 times)

Maybe make it called Kalphost.

Online server file manager?
Yes         38 (57.6%)
No         17 (25.8%)
I would buy a server because of it         11 (16.7%)

New poll question: Online file storage like Google Drive? (monthly prices)

Maybe make it called Kalphost.
Didn't want to use my name, so I did something silly. The only issue with the new name is a terrible web host used to use the name.

Kaphitonaits?

[im g]http://i.ytimg.com/vi/NBVlR61_9gM/0.jpg[/img]

Alright,

Who voted that the prices are too high?
Gimme ability to remove vote and chose a better

The prices are excellent for Cloud Storage; I just have no need. This is mainly because my internet connection is far too slow for it be really useful in any way.

It's not worth $20 a month to get a terabyte of storage for hosting a blockland server. I mean seriously how is it possible to practically use up 1tb on that?

The prices are excellent for Cloud Storage; I just have no need. This is mainly because my internet connection is far too slow for it be really useful in any way.
same here

Googles prices may be margenly higher but you get the support that comes with it. and apps for the mobile platform and other features

The prices are excellent for Cloud Storage; I just have no need.

this

Would you allow direct/hotlinking to stored files?

Would you allow direct/hotlinking to stored files?
Yeah, I forgot to mention that. It's meant to imitate Google Drive (except there's no attached mail/picture service, etc).

My target, however, is more of people who need to do large file backups. Server owners like me are my target audience.

Googles prices may be margenly higher but you get the support that comes with it. and apps for the mobile platform and other features
I understand, but my prices are exactly half.

It's not worth $20 a month to get a terabyte of storage for hosting a blockland server. I mean seriously how is it possible to practically use up 1tb on that?
Not targeted for Blockland servers, and pretty much everyone in the service gets 40GB, but there's no practical way someone can do that.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 06:59:07 PM by Kalphiter »

So technically we could store research in it?