Poll

Online file storage like Google Drive? (monthly prices)

50GB ($3.00)
41 (11.2%)
100GB ($4.50)
17 (4.7%)
250GB ($7.50)
10 (2.7%)
500GB ($12.50)
7 (1.9%)
750GB ($16)
6 (1.6%)
1TB ($20)
30 (8.2%)
2-8TB (proportional to 1TB price)
0 (0%)
8-16TB (proportional to 1TB price)
43 (11.8%)
Prices too high (READ)
44 (12.1%)
No desire
167 (45.8%)

Total Members Voted: 365

Author Topic: Kaphost Blockland Servers  (Read 553211 times)

FTP file space venture
Way to read details, forgettard.

Glad you read the thread before posting, oh wait, you didn't.

:cookieMonster: :cookieMonster: :cookieMonster:

everyone that is complaining about the name, you should shut the forget up, it's just a name, he's mentioned it plenty of times before he changed it and i see no complaints then.

everyone that is complaining about the name, you should shut the forget up, it's just a name, he's mentioned it plenty of times before he changed it and i see no complaints then.
I thought we were well over the name "issue" :(

Way to read details, forgettard.

:cookieMonster: :cookieMonster: :cookieMonster:
lol

forget I messed this post up...switched the quotes around lol.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 06:48:36 PM by Racerboy »

i'd bet a large sum of money saying that lub has blown ephi at least once before.

it's not just a name

it's a bad name

I thought we were well over the name "issue" :(
In the same post with which he points how I (accidentally) missed Scout's most important point, Rub manages to miss my explanation that this isn't FTP.

Haha wow, definitely sounds like you have it a thought through! Files are safe here kids, rush to sign up.
Seriously, what other backup mechanism is there? Shooting files into space just in case the Earth is destroyed?

Seriously, what other backup mechanism is there? Shooting files into space just in case the Earth is destroyed?
Backing up files is a whole sub-industry lol, theres a lot of methods.

Backing up files is a whole sub-industry lol, theres a lot of methods.
This isn't a backup service, however people can use it as one. I intend to target other Google Drive isn't quite a back-up service, but it can be used as one. What's the problem?

This isn't a backup service, however people can use it as one. I intend to target other Google Drive isn't quite a back-up service, but it can be used as one. What's the problem?
aside from trolling, he wants to know how you'll back up the files you have stored using your service

ephis always been a poor moderator honestly
just backing up his little buddy

Ephi, that's poor moderatoring right there.

ephis always been a poor moderator honestly

You friends really want to moan about how much of an awful moderator I am in this thread lmao? Get the forget out, go make a drama thread or post in one of my existing ones.

aside from trolling, he wants to know how you'll back up the files you have stored using your service
I lightly explained how it'd be done: files get backed up to another server. Data is protected from HDD hardware issues, but protection from the small chance of a network outage is not worth the extra and expensive work.

Another thing is to just offer data protection at a premium, however at a bare minimum price (~$7.35 / TB) as to not make a profit. No idea how well that may go over with people, which is why I will have it free at first. That price might change depending on a configuration I can obtain.

You friends really want to moan about how much of an awful moderator I am in this thread lmao? Get the forget out, go make a drama thread or post in one of my existing ones.
how did you become a moderator, anyway?

how did you become a moderator, anyway?
Press F1 ingame (the credits) and look for Ephialtes.

Press F1 ingame (the credits) and look for Ephialtes.
but

what did he actually do?