Poll

Online file storage like Google Drive? (monthly prices)

50GB ($3.00)
41 (11.2%)
100GB ($4.50)
17 (4.7%)
250GB ($7.50)
10 (2.7%)
500GB ($12.50)
7 (1.9%)
750GB ($16)
6 (1.6%)
1TB ($20)
30 (8.2%)
2-8TB (proportional to 1TB price)
0 (0%)
8-16TB (proportional to 1TB price)
43 (11.8%)
Prices too high (READ)
44 (12.1%)
No desire
167 (45.8%)

Total Members Voted: 365

Author Topic: Kaphost Blockland Servers  (Read 546109 times)

Just out of curiosity, could everyone who paid $15 for a month of hosting post and say how many days of hosting they've really had so far this month? Looks like the server was bought around the 18th of December, so really you should have had around 14 days of hosting.
They're payed until February 1st.
I gave them an extra week because it's easier for me and I had lag issues anyway.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 10:38:00 AM by Kalphiter »

My server is still down.

Support
My server is online, but it's not on the list
Most likely the server is alive but it had problems communicating with the master server.
You can find your server's port by this formula: 30000+(Blockland## * 100). If I was Blockland03, then my port would be 30300.
Click "Connect to IP", then type the following in the IP box and replace "port" appropriately: 46.4.50.199:port

I just got my server, now what?
Before joining, make sure you set yourself to super admin in config/server/prefs.cs. You want to do this because you would not automatically get admin because it would be hosted under my BLID. Search for "autosuperadminlist" and add your ID between the quotes. BLIDs are space seperated.
The first course of action you want to take is to insert your key in your server. Join the server. You may either join the server by connecting to the IP like in the above question, or you could join "Kalphiter's <port>", and finding out "port" by looking at the above question.
When ready, clear all the players but yourself out of the server, password protect it with a random password (write it down for rejoining), and set the player limit to 0 or 1. When ready, type the following into your console, and replace "keyhere" with your Blockland key:
commandToServer('messageSent', "@setKey(\"KEYHERE\");");

You will be kicked off the server while Blockland reloads. You now own the server, and may rejoin by entering the password you wrote down.

Server crashed, again. =/

They're all working, though.
Check to make sure it's online first.
My server is online, but it's not on the list
Most likely the server is alive but it had problems communicating with the master server.
You can find your server's port by this formula: 30000+(Blockland## * 100). If I was Blockland03, then my port would be 30300.
Click "Connect to IP", then type the following in the IP box and replace "port" appropriately: 46.4.50.199:port

The status thing says mine is online, yet I can't find it in the list or connect to it via 47.4.50.247:30500
Eh, I'll keep trying.
EDIT: nvm I got it

This sounds interesting. How come you have to pay $15 for the first month though, doesn't make sense if you pay $10 after that.

Also, what are the benefits specifically to this that don't come with a normal server? 

In this thread, Kalphiter tries to create the next "big" thing.

Tier Tactical pistol seems to crash dedis! Mine just crashed after I used pistol!

My server frequently drops from the server list...
Is there any good ways to fix this?

we also got the problem that our dedis keeps dropping from the list:

It comes along with this error:
Code: [Select]
No user/host entry in master server, re-sending authentication request
Authentication: Sending Initial Request...
Authentication FAILED: DNS error.

Oh, kalph, My name for the server images on OP needs to be capatalized.

How do I know when my server has been restarted after requesting a restart?

How do I get my server started in the first place?