Poll

Online file storage like Google Drive? (monthly prices)

50GB ($3.00)
41 (11.2%)
100GB ($4.50)
17 (4.7%)
250GB ($7.50)
10 (2.7%)
500GB ($12.50)
7 (1.9%)
750GB ($16)
6 (1.6%)
1TB ($20)
30 (8.2%)
2-8TB (proportional to 1TB price)
0 (0%)
8-16TB (proportional to 1TB price)
43 (11.8%)
Prices too high (READ)
44 (12.1%)
No desire
167 (45.8%)

Total Members Voted: 365

Author Topic: Kaphost Blockland Servers  (Read 543902 times)

How do I get my server started in the first place?
Join Kalphiter's 30600 then check the first post.
Have I given you FTP details?

How do I know when my server has been restarted after requesting a restart?

When will stop start script be done?

You sent me the FTP details earlier, but I just tried them in FileZilla and I am unable to connect to it.

I don't suppose you could just do it manually for me? I'd just like the duplicator wand and an auto-saver if possible. I have no use for other add_ons at this time. The default colorset and bricks are fine too.

My BLID is 1080 for the purposes of super admin. Can I use a different key for the server registration part? or must it match the key associated with 1080?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 04:00:34 PM by Reactor Worker »

This is kinda un-needed now. I host a Dedicated TDM just fine and can have 32 people with Nobody complaining about lag. I wouldn't pay for this, besides, the people who are listed as payed have almost all posted something saying there was something wrong with the server.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 04:35:40 PM by Cad Bane »

This is kinda un-needed now. I host a Dedicated TDM just fine and can have 32 people with Nobody complaining about lag. I wouldn't pay for this, besides, the people who are listed as payed have almost all posted something saying there was something wrong with the server.
The crashing for me is caused by Space Guy's raycasting weapons, but I believe I have something conflicting with it because no one else has this problem(?). My server has been up for two days straight, no crashes.

You hardware and connection may suffice for a server of that size but few are so lucky. Many also lack the means or desire to host the server all day, every day. A server hosted externally avoids all of those issues but comes with an obvious cost.

I'm participating in this not so much for this particular server, but rather to show support for the idea. My hope is that Ephialtes will offer a simpler, more robust service once he sees that there are people out there are willing to pay for it. I have little doubt that he could provide a far easier system to setup and operate a dedicated server.

In the mean time, Kalphiter's service is the only option for those that can't operate their own server reliably.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 04:57:03 PM by Reactor Worker »

You hardware and connection may suffice for a server of that size but few are so lucky. Many also lack the means or desire to host the server all day, every day. A server hosted externally avoids all of those issues but comes with an obvious cost.

I'm participating in this not so much for this particular server, but rather to show support for the idea. My hope is that Ephialtes will offer a simpler, more robust service once he sees that there are people out there are willing to pay for it. I have little doubt that he could provide a far easier system to setup and operate a dedicated server.

In the mean time, Kalphiter's service is the only option for those that can't operate their own server reliably.

Not completely true. Kalp has gotten this from the AFT.clan and you can do the same.

Anyways, I don't know the Benefits this offers besides, less lag mainly. I know a few others but I would like to know all of the pros and cons of this before I decide to do it.

Not completely true. Kalp has gotten this from the AFT.clan and you can do the same.
ATF has no part in this.

OK, the server is up and running. I've used my brother's key for the server so it appears under his alias "Nitro".

I've decided to host a simple, themed city build in the rarely-used kitchen map. The only add_ons running are the duplicator wand and RTB so there is no DL needed and any builds can be used with just a default BL installation.

I have the server till February 4th correct?

OK, the server is up and running. I've used my brother's key for the server so it appears under his alias "Nitro".

I've decided to host a simple, themed city build in the rarely-used kitchen map. The only add_ons running are the duplicator wand and RTB so there is no DL needed and any builds can be used with just a default BL installation.

I have the server till February 4th correct?
January 31st, but if you really want 4 days, it's no trouble to me.

ATF has no part in this.

I though it was... Hm... Anyways, all I know about the is the following:

Pros:
  • Supposedly no lag.
  • Can host more players for one server.

Cons:
  • Currently, server problems.
  • Still not completely 100% crash free from master server.

Let me know if I missed anything.

• Currently, server problems.
No server problems, only sometimes add-ons crash after a long time, which would happen on any server.

No server problems, only sometimes add-ons crash after a long time, which would happen on any server.

I say this with the amount of crashes that have been reported.