The Blockland Bulletin

Author Topic: The Blockland Bulletin  (Read 18275 times)

Project Synopsis
The Blockland Bulletin (TBB) is built on the collective knowledge that the Blok Magazine project (2008) and Blockland On Air (2010) taught me.
It is designed to offer a quality journalistic perspective on Blockland current events. This concerns forum happenings from videos, to clans, to drama, to general information regarding add-ons, RTB, or Blockland in general. It also covers in-game events such as server stories, like New Years parties and other events.

This blog was built on the 7th of December 2010 and has been in trial up to January 1st 2011. The response to articles is growing, and the interest in reading the blog has been increasing steadily. I believe this may offer a better insight into the world we know as Blockland, and even surprise you with how in-depth some aspects of the game are.

This website is associated with AfterBlock and will be viewable from within the program. This will not compromise viewing via browsers, of course.

Contribution
At this stage I have no intention to add more authors.

Q&A

Do we really need a news source? Isn't the forum good enough?
While the forum is a good resource, it doesn't necessarily cover the information you need, and is less convenient when you are trying to inform yourself about recent happenings. The community is no doubt good for sharing and receiving information, but doesn't always cover an in-depth brown townysis of events.

How do I know what I am reading is factual and unbiased?
Like all good journalists, we do considerable research into our topic, and often contact the people involved to get better backgrounds on stories. We present the information we find. For those concerned, all interviews conducted are archived and quotes are written out word for word.
TBB does not tolerate bias, and will not write a story if it poses an extreme conflict of interest. News articles are kept separate from review and opinion.

I have a concern about the content published, what can I do?
TBB will receive and investigate all complaints, taking every message very seriously. Please contact Sheath on the forums.

What happened to Blockland On Air?
The Blockland On Air concept is going to be utilized by TBB, offering voice interviews when appropriate. TBB also publishes videos (filmed in-game) on IcyGamma's YouTube account.

The link
A proper domain will be purchased within the month, I apologize from the crumby Blogger sub-domain but I've wasted my money on other things. c:

http://blbulletin.blogspot.com/
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 05:16:59 PM by Sheath »

I remember The Blockland Blog. I kind of like this better :3.

Good luck.

As interesting as this sounds, you of course won't be able to document every single thing that happens throughout Blockland and its forums. How do you sort out/decide what's important enough to post in this "Bulletin"? And when you say that something poses an "extreme conflict of interest", what do you mean by that?

Basically my concern is, is this blog giving news about Blockland, or is it a way to get a mass amount of people to see a stupid thing someone did and make fun of them?

As interesting as this sounds, you of course won't be able to document every single thing that happens throughout Blockland and its forums. How do you sort out/decide what's important enough to post in this "Bulletin"? And when you say that something poses an "extreme conflict of interest", what do you mean by that?

Basically my concern is, is this blog giving news about Blockland, or is it a way to get a mass amount of people to see a stupid thing someone did and make fun of them?

Good questions.

One conflict of interest I can think about is if I reviewed Platinum Blockland. Since that stands in direct competition to AfterBlock, reviewing a competitors product will inevitably come across with bias and shouldn't be done.

Since this will hopefully be getting the attention of many readers, articles have to be written in 3rd person. If the author is deeply involved, and its not deemed appropriate for them to write the story, another person will get the job else the story is dropped.

Stories are picked from events that are the most significant. Things like the master server failure, B401 drama, and New Years parties have been stories that have effected many people. If there is a slow news days, smaller stories like that of the WTC drama will be published. A story must effect a considerable amount of people, or if its a very slow news day be of general interest. What merits general interest? Thats for the author to decide.

I enjoy reading this, as it gives insightful news.
Also it seems if an event has an effect of around 100 or so people, it's newsworthy.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 02:53:30 AM by Jenxas »

I updated the site. No more Christmas theme. :c

Bah. I was in Demian's Knife TDM and got kicked by the majority of the server. Hell if I know what happened there.

Ooooh, this is sooo cool.

Wait till you see my knife Tdm >:3

Anyways this looks nice, hope to see it last

Wait till you see my knife Tdm >:3

Anyways this looks nice, hope to see it last

Who started that fad anyway?

If almost anyone else had done this, I would've shot it down instantly.

However, I believe that you, Sheath, have enough experience to keep this going for at least a little while.

Who started that fad anyway?
Probably the dude, who created the butterfly knife.

You're awesome. Period.