Author Topic: Blockland + ROBLOX  (Read 13292 times)

Only if you worship it.
ALL HAIL ROBLOX/BLOCKLAND/PC GAMES IN GENERAL WOO.
Am I cool now?

I personally think that Roblox/Blockland topics should just be kept out of the Off Topic section.

If you're saying one is better than the other, you'll just get insulted and it's a negative for everyone.
If you're trying to stop a "War", then you're actually only increasing the idea that there is a "war".
If you're simply trying to state an opinion on the games, even with considerable backup towards your opinions, you'll just end up with people again, insulting you.
Not if I don't care! >:3
Not caring is the best antidote for troll-itus.

It's not really worth it to even mention the games together.
/youropinion
I like to debate.

I don't like the look of Roblox.
Neither do I.
I play for the Lua.
I honestly thingk ROBLOX looks fugly.

I'm not going to play a game I don't like the look of.
If any of the graphics seem crappy, or the modelling, then it's not for me. Unfortuantely, I found Roblox appeared that way to me.
K.

I don't know how Roblox works, but I don't like it's looks.
while true do pcall(function() game:GetService("Workspace")["sir_dooble"].Torso.Neck:Remove() end) wait() end

And there's no point saying "Don't judge a book by it's cover", because even if I do find the game is ok, I'm not going to play it because the images of it just make me cringe.
ROBLOX looks like stuff sometimes, but I loving love it.

It's a game designers job to make me think the game looks good before I play it. You can't advertise with "It looks really terrible, but maybe if you give it a try, it will work out?"
LOL.
Hey, it's the best those stupid codemonkey money-hungry ROBLOX cigarettes could make.

/myopinion
Yup.

This
K.
You don't have to read this thread, you know.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 03:17:24 PM by DarkShadow6 »

Just so you know...
I play what's available and what I deem to be "fun".
ROBLOX was available at the time, so I tried it, then I found out it had Lua, and I've been hooked ever since.
I was attracted to Blockland by it's shiny graphics and stuffload of addons.

Just so you know...
You can't dismiss everyone who thinks you're an idiot and who post legitimate reasons for calling you an idiot as being a troll.
If anything's a troll in this thread it's the OP for making this thread in the first place.

Also; InB4That one macro image about defending opinions on the internet

Just so you know...
You can't dismiss everyone who thinks you're an idiot and who post legitimate reasons for calling you an idiot as being a troll.
I don't understand what you're getting at there.

If anything's a troll in this thread it's the OP for making this thread in the first place.
K?

Also; InB4That one macro image about defending opinions on the internet
I'm not trying to defend my opinion(s). My only opinion here is that it would be cool to combine some of the better qualities of ROBLOX (or any other good building game in general) to Blockland's excellent gameplay and graphics.
That's why I created this thread, I wanted to see what your opinons were (NOT about which game is better, but if doing the above [combining Blockland with other games] would be cool to do.)

EDIT: Hurr I just remembered where I saw part of your avatar from.

The physics in ROBLOX would probably be better if all games weren't hosted by one website, better connection for many people.
I saw an image of the ROBLOX servers on the 'net one day.
WIRES.
WIRES EVERYWHERE.

For gods sake, at least stop double-posting

Double posting makes you look mean and serious.

there isnt a thing i like about roblox. i wouldn't want any part of it here.

BECAUSE AN ENGINE MASHUP WOULD TOTALLY WORK.
But seriously, oh look, it's another one of these threads. Seriously, the whole STATE PROS/CONS AND MAKE PEACE THEY'RE BOTH GOOD GAMES bullstuff's been done dozens of times before, Roblox is an unbearable game, and these threads don't change it.

ALL HAIL ROBLOX/BLOCKLAND/PC GAMES IN GENERAL WOO.
Am I cool now?
Not if I don't care! >:3
Not caring is the best antidote for troll-itus.
/youropinion
I like to debate.
Neither do I.
I play for the Lua.
I honestly thing ROBLOX looks fugly.
K.
while true do pcall(function() game:GetService("Workspace")["sir_dooble"].Torso.Neck:Remove() end) wait() end
ROBLOX looks like stuff sometimes, but I loving love it.
LOL.
Hey, it's the best those stupid codemonkey money-hungry ROBLOX cigarettes could make.
Yup.
K.
Sorry, but from reading your reply, I can only think that you've taken my post as insulting in some way.
I didn't mean it to be. And sorry if I'm just misunderstanding the context you're writing in.

For gods sake, at least stop double-posting
POST POST POST POST POST
Double posting makes you look mean and serious.
I will keel you in thee niet.
there isnt a thing i like about roblox. i wouldn't want any part of it here.
So you wouldn't like server-side physics?
BECAUSE AN ENGINE MASHUP WOULD TOTALLY WORK.
But seriously, oh look, it's another one of these threads. Seriously, the whole STATE PROS/CONS AND MAKE PEACE THEY'RE BOTH GOOD GAMES bullstuff's been done dozens of times before, Roblox is an unbearable game, and these threads don't change it.
1. I'm not saying to mix the engines, I'm saying that features from Game A would work well with Game B and so forth. In example, I am making a killstreaks-type-thing for ROBLOX to go with the death script.
2. Unbearable for the intolerant.
I just ignore the noobs.
You wouldn't know how many PMs I get DAILY for my scripts, still not giving them out.
And, serious. I mean, I have to deal with "I GIEV U 5923174023 RX IF U SNEDN ME (insert script name here) PLZPLZPLZPLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ" every day, you don't see me raging about it. Sure, there's noobs and asspie 5-year-olds, but I just ignore them.
I play for the game, not for the community, and the game (under all the crap and dirt) is really fairly interesting. Me and popinman322 were dissecting the game a few days ago, found a whole bunch of stuff ROBLOX devs tried to hide. I get a kick out of that.
Sorry, but from reading your reply, I can only think that you've taken my post as insulting in some way.
I didn't mean it to be. And sorry if I'm just misunderstanding the context you're writing in.

If I came off as mean, I didn't mean to, so I apologize in advance.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 03:04:17 PM by DarkShadow6 »

ROBLOX pros:
Lua scripting
Looks more like a con to me.

ROBLOX cons:
ROBUX and Tix totally ruin it
Agreed, any economy that you can just buy your way to the top is horrible.
RuneScape has done a good job at separating the P2P's and F2P economies, however it's never perfect.

Looks more like a con to me.
I have a folder full of text files.
Example:
Code: [Select]
function Ignite(Part)
if Part.Anchored == true and Part.Name == "Base" then return end
if Part:FindFirstChild("Fire") == nil then
Part.Anchored = false
local Fire = Instance.new("Fire")
Fire.Heat = 0
Fire.Size = 5
Fire.Parent = Part
Part:BreakJoints()
Part.Touched:connect(function(Hit) Ignite(Hit) end)
Part.BrickColor = BrickColor.new("Really black")
end
end

for i = 1, 1000 do
local Source = workspace.DarkShadow6.Head
local Fireball = Instance.new("Part", workspace)
Fireball.Name = "Fireball"
Fireball.CanCollide = false
Fireball.TopSurface = 0
Fireball.BottomSurface = 0
Fireball.formFactor = "Symmetric"
Fireball.Shape = "Ball"
Fireball.Size = Vector3.new(5, 5, 5)
Fireball.CFrame = Source.CFrame * CFrame.new(0, 0, -10)
local Velocity = Instance.new("BodyVelocity")
Velocity.maxForce = Vector3.new(math.huge, math.huge, math.huge)
Velocity.velocity = (Source.CFrame.lookVector * 100) + Vector3.new(math.random(-50, 50), math.random(-50, 50), math.random(-50, 50))
Velocity.Parent = Fireball
Ignite(Fireball)
Fireball.BrickColor = BrickColor.new("Really red")
coroutine.wrap(function() wait(math.random(1, 9) / 10) for i = 0, 1, 0.1 do Fireball.Transparency = i wait() end Fireball.Fire.Enabled = false Fireball.Anchored = true wait(1) Fireball:Remove() end)()
wait()
end
A little fireball-thrower-thing I made the other day.
EDIT: Probably should move the Source variable out of the for loop, eh?

I have a folder full of text files.
Example:
Code: [Select]
-ugly script-
A little fireball-thrower-thing I made the other day.
The creators of Lua had the right idea: an engine with scripting. They, however, used the ugliest syntax compared to more-readable and compatible classic programming styles as displayed by C/++ and Java, and even Torque.