Author Topic: Drawings Megathread  (Read 3632941 times)

Dunno where I posted it, but I did it recently.

I have a Yiynova MSP19U. It's basically a Chinese Cintiq. Costed $500. Works fantastic, gets the job done. Problem is old stuffty outdated drivers and I won't ever be able to use Windows 10. They have newer versions of the tablet (19U+) that I'm sure work with Win 10. I didn't want to have to deal with learning how to draw using normal Intuous/Bamboo tablets. I just wanted to go straight to screen. This was a great solution.

I use an intuos pro L. its fun as heck, looks good, works good, has good tools

but god its a pain to go from display drawing to no display drawing. its taking me a long time getting used to

I can go in-between the two pretty easily I think

-Removed due to stuffty photo-
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 02:07:30 PM by Space1255 »

Since I'm used to looking at the monitor while my hand isn't drawing on the "surface" of where its coming out I got the intuos pro. But if you're used to a hand being in the way like how you would draw traditionally, then I'd go for it if you've got the money, and only if you're gonna draw pretty much three times a day

Most of the work I do is physical so yeah I'm used to drawing on the surface, however, I would like to get a career in art and design, and in today's age most artists are moving to digital media

The first four replies being something along the lines of "get it if you're gonna use it" gave me a chuckle, I wouldn't drop 1k+ if I wasnt gonna use it

Anyway thanks for the replies guys, I'll go for it, however probably not right now. Recently just moved and I won't be getting my desktop back for a couple of months

Well now that you've mentioned you've recently moved, I just want to give a heads up and mention that you'll need a desk/space reserved where you can easily plug in both your cintiq and comp.
The reason why is because having to move all of the parts/cables around can get annoying and could cause accidents if not careful.

I know I don't post here a lot at all but ah:

does anyone here use a cintiq or similar display

is it worth the ~$1000+ or should I stick with a drawing tablet I already have? I'm looking to get the 13HD but if another version or different product can provide good quality at an affordable price that would be great.

I currently use a Wacom bamboo, which is great for sketches and such but I feel a display would be nicer to use
i have a cintiq companion hybrid and it's totally awesome
it's pretty much a 13hd that is also an android tablet and it can run on battery, but i don't know if the 13hd can run on battery or not
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 08:51:21 PM by ßlöükfáce »

i have a cintiq companion and it's totally awesome
it's pretty up there in price and it's like a 13hd but it's its own computer pretty much, so don't get that unless you give a bunch of stuffs about portability

was going to ask about the processor until the edit, didn't know it was able to work independently so that's pretty cool

Don't think I need it. if I wanted to work with portability I would get a laptop and use the bamboo, but thanks for clarifying that anyway

was going to ask about the processor until the edit, didn't know it was able to work independently so that's pretty cool

Don't think I need it. if I wanted to work with portability I would get a laptop and use the bamboo, but thanks for clarifying that anyway
the computer ones have intel i3-i7 depending on the model you get

it is still difficult to finish things
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 02:17:37 PM by LoLBert »

looks gr8! perspective on the guitar looks kinda wonky tho

The color and patterns on the guitar are perfect though.

oh no, that was a placeholder and reference for when i was gonna draw it in. So its a photo with a filter on it.

That guitar looks cheated.

:^)

also too small
and upsidedown