Poll

Awesome.

Y
21 (67.7%)
N
10 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Highler Ridge :: Welcome to the city.  (Read 24862 times)

Bump guys. Fffffffhs this topic is dying.

dying? It's dead
At least try to post :c

Name: Bruce
Items: Hotel keycard, ID, knife, 10mm pistol, and hidden spare ammo.
Gained: None
Lost: None
Cash: $2309

"Ummmmm," I said dumbfounded staring at the dog.

"Bruce," Max began. "This is Jon. I found him and decided to keep him here."

I motioned for the fridge to grab something to eat. I opened it carefully, still trying to pay attention to Max. I thought I saw Jake but I guess that wasn't him. I slammed it shut upon finding nothing.

"So...Where's Jake?" I asked after a little moment of silence.

"Oh right here," Jake yelled. He was playing some pool with Max. I don't know how I missed him but whatever.

"Well. I came back to drop these off," I said laying my newly bought clothes on the big couch near the table. "And also, I wanted to warn you guys. A cop car recognized me and started to shoot at me. I have no clue if he followed me or not, but they certainly know we are somewhere over here," I said. I took another breath. "Well, I guess I can just stay here while this ordeal is going around."

"I'm glad you obliged," Jake said jokingly.

I grabbed a beer from the bar and sat back on the couch, carefully watching Max's next shot on the pool table. Then, there was a knock on the door...

I'm sorry I haven't been keeping up with the stories. And of course Mage hasn't posted yet.

Name: Raymond Porello
Inventory: Tazer; 10mm pistol (27); police radio; flashlight
Objective: None
Cash: $1165

I pulled up behind a car with my lights on; the sedan was parked on the side of the street with it's brights on, no pun intended. I had the siren on for a second or two to clarify my presence, and pulled behind closer and shifted into park when I was sure nothing exciting was going to happen. I shifted my Kevlar vest with one hand and picked up the radio speaker in the other and reported to dispatch my surroundings over the loud patter of rain on the hood of my cruiser. I initiated a scan on the plates; no prior crimes or anything of the sort were reported. I looked out of the passenger side window and there was still a surprising amount of foot traffic in the rain. The computer beeped again, confirming that I can go ahead and check out the scene. Expecting a simple traffic stop, I got adjusted the cover on my hat and stepped out into the pouring rain as lighting flashed in the distance of the city, illuminating the skyline against the black sky.

I glanced inside and saw a young woman sitting inside, one that looks like the typical you'd see in this area; a woman that almost looks fake with her beach-blonde hair, makeup, jewelry and wearing tight clothing with a shirt that covered her necessary parts and not a bit more. I tapped on the window with the back of my flashlight and window rolled down quickly.

I could see the woman now, in clear view. She was gorgeous, no matter how fake she looked; she was wearing a tight white (and wet) t-shirt that hugged her body, including the main attraction underneath it indicating she wasn't wearing any undergarments under her shirt. She was wearing a pair of denim short shorts as well that stopped a few inches down her legs, and showing her thighs, smooth and tan. Her face was adorable, freckly with clearly defined features and green eyes. She glanced up at me and I felt a strong connection, but that connection was broken instantly when I saw her pull out a small handgun and point it at my head. I jumped back stupidly into traffic, dodging the cars driving by laying on their horns. I reached for my gun and I had it in my hand and pointed right back at the woman. I was about to yell requesting her to put the weapon down when I head the gun shot and an enormous pain in my arm, followed by another gunshot and a similar pain that shattered my collar bone just below my right shoulder. The car was suddenly skidding away and I blindly fired my gun back in the general direction of the car; I counted three shots from my own gun when I blacked out.

dun dun duuuuun
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 10:58:44 PM by Caution »

Name:Jake
Item:Glock, Tazer, Handcuffs, Walkie-Talkie, Electric Flashlight
Objective: Patrol City
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 11:52:02 PM by Decepticon »

Cash: 1,800
Objective: Patrol City.

Is heading to Bright Annex to find a restaurant for lunch, I see a body laying down.. I quickly call for help waiting for whats about to happen..  I try to chase the car down down with my patrol car but she outdrives me because im nervous about the body.. I put the cop car in reverse while the rush hour goes on.. I request the Road to be blocked due to Injured man on street.. It was accepted but a few cars got to pass by.. I try to keep the body alive before Ambulances come.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 11:51:44 PM by Decepticon »

We already have somebody going by the name of Jake

We already have somebody going by the name of Jake
Damnit,

Name:John
Cash: 1,801

« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 12:29:00 AM by Decepticon »

Deception, you don't appear to have the kind of... "dedication" we like in roleplaying. I suggest either getting super awesome at it or don't post.

Wow. Don't spam, just keep it in one post.

Deception, you don't appear to have the kind of... "dedication" we like in roleplaying. I suggest either getting super awesome at it or don't post.
Adding on to this too, I suggest you read some other entries by people to get familiar with this. And, we aren't mean. We just get annoyed.

And while typing this, I have noticed it has only been a few people actually contributing. All the rest have posted and not have been consistent.

Happy now, Caution? :3
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Main Story Line Six
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Giovanni Vespucci
Inventory: IDs; Teaser(Charged, fairly high in quality)
Objective: None; Narrative (Current Day)
Cash: $150 ($1,236 in the bank)
*The last month has been slightly productive; Amedea has had a full recovery and is now active in the taxi company, in addition to the expanding status of Highler Ridge Taxi Company. SeQuence has quieted down, in addition to Claudio, and is slowly repairing the nuclear island. A new cab driver, Joesph, has been added to the company. He is an older man, dark skin and complexion, with gray wisps of hair only partially around his head. Slightly over weight and with a limp, the man had a surprisingly small impact on a room. He remains quiet as he can, unless he has something important to say - in which case, his sweet yet assertive tone overpowers the listeners and brings to him their full attention.*

"So, Joseph..." I started, grasping for common grounds between a man 30 years my senior and myself "anything interesting happen on your route?".
  "No." He gave a weak smile, knowing I wanted things as comfortable as possible. "Uh, you wouldn't happen to have any pets, would you?"
  "I do!" Amedea chimed in "A lovely tabby cat. Such a beauty. What about you?"
  "A bird." Joesph sighed "I had two, but the other passed away a short while ago. She's all alone now."
  "She?" Amedea inquired - I tried to be kind as possible, but Amedea always could brighten a day without even attempting to. She was a natural conversationalist and used every essence of her being to know someone better.
  "Yes. You see, the birds I had were two very sweet mockingbirds. Both were yellow with beautiful white streaks; Small, blue beads for eyes and rustic gold talons. They were a girl and boy; A husband and wife." Joesph explained
  "How sweet." Amedea's teeth glistened, her mouth gesturing a half-somber, half-comforting notion. Joesph's face grew weary and his eyes slightly watered.
  "Yes...every morning I would wake up and hear those birds singing beautiful songs. They always echoed throughout the house..." Probably because it was empty, I thought "but one morning I didn't hear their songs. One morning I woke up and heard only the faint chirps of the girl, Vivian. I went to the cage, wondering what was wrong, and when I got there..." His voice trailed off and his body slumped over.
  "When I got there the boy, Will, was laying on the bottom of the cage. He died in the night. Vivian was alone, all night, her first night alone. I buried Will in my backyard inside a small oak box. She hadn't sung for a long, long time after that." Amedea's eyes grew tearful, just as Joesph's and even my own. But he continued, now with a small smile. "For almost two years she hadn't sung one song. She just gave gentle chirps. But then, amazingly, she began to sing again. I guess she mourned for long enough.
  "I always considered getting her another bird, but she is old now and...and I don't think she wants one. So few ever get to find Love more than once in life and she got hers. Vivian is happy. She doesn't need another bird in her cage, since, I believe, she still has the wonderful memories of the music she and Will made."
  Amedea smiled and recognized that Joesph could not go on any further. She walked over and gave him a hug. Promptly, most likely from embarrassment, he hobbled out of the room and threw back a "Nice talking to you all. I'll go finish my route for the day". Amedea walked into the back office as I sat there stunned, staring at the walls of the dispatch room. It's odd how such little things, upon reflection, are really the grandest.

Characterization and foreshadowing, yes. 

Mage, you should write a book out of this.

Hay guise, whats goin' on in har?

Name: Jake Kosh
Inventory: 9mm Pistol(9/9, 20 rounds).
Objective: Nothing ATM.
Cash: $750
Gained: Nothing.
Lost: Nothing.
(Caution's style is better, yes.)

I moved slowly towards the door, Max and Bruce reached for they're pistols. I put my hand on the doorknob and looked through the small peep hole to see who it was, and I wished I hadn't

"Damnit, its the cops!" I whispered. They knocked again, this time a little harder. Fear swelled up inside me, we were trapped, the only way out had cops all over it.

"What the hell do we do?" I heard Max whisper, I shrugged, I had no clue how we were going to get out of this. Although, we have gotten out of worse situations...

*Tap Tap Tap* Again it was harder, I could tell they were getting irritated.

"Open up! This is the Police! You have no way out, just give yourselves up!" came from behind the door, confirming it was cops.

The sound of a helicopter approached, Max ran over the the large window in the room and shut the blinds and pulled the curtains over it. A bright light hit the window, and the sound of the helicopter was right on top of us, if our window had been open it would have been deafening.

Another life, death, or jail situation.
dun dun duuuuun
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 06:06:30 PM by star9578 »

Name: Max
Items: Room 300 Key, Pistol (10 Clips)
Cash: $9,825
Objective: No current objective
Gained: Nothing
Lost: Nothing

I was pacing around the room. The knocks on the door getting louder and louder. Jon was hiding under the pool table. "That's it, break down the door" I heard a cop say. The door's pain suddenly began to chip as the cops attempted to break it down. I grabbed Jon from under the pool table. I removed my sweater and wrapped him in it, then put it on my back like a backpack. Jon didn't move, I guess he trusted me. I whipped out the pistol. "Follow my lead" I said. Jake and Bruce nodded. I dove into cover, and they did the same. The door was almost broken down. This is it. The cops had us cornered. We were surely going to be shipped off to a prison island if we got caught. The door burst open. Cops in body armor sprinted in with M16's. I grabbed some beer off the kitchen counter I was hiding behind and CHUCKED it at a cop's face. Blood poored off his face. I ducked down again, bullets flying everywhere at me. Bruce ran up behind them and knocked one of them out. Two of them whipped around, but Jake took them out with his gun. One cop remained. I jumped onto the counter and leaped at him. I KICKED him right in the face. He fell backwards. When he hit the ground I knew I knocked him out. "LET'S GO!" I screamed. Jake and Bruce followed me as I sprinted toward the roof. "WHERE ARE WE GOING?!" Bruce asked. "THE ROOF!" I shouted. "WHY?!" Jake asked. "YOU'LL SEE!" I said smirking. We burst onto the roof, a police helicopter hovering just off the roof. It was at my level. I had my chance. It was now or never. I tossed Jon to Bruce. I sprinted at the helicopter, and dove at the windshield. "MAX, NO!" Jake screamed. I landed on the front of the helicopter with ease. I pulled open the door and pulled the driver from his seat. I then grabbed the guy in the passenger seat and threw him out behind me. The helicopter was going down fast. I grabbed the controls and attempted to gain control. I spun out of control, and the back (whatever you call it) hit the roof as I fell. I wasn't giving up. I spun out of control and managed to elevate. The blades scratched against the side of the hotel and broke into pieces. My plan had failed. I dropped. I saw my life flash before my eyes. The last thing I saw was Jake and Bruce looking down from the top of the hotel. I blacked out.

Holy forget, some action.

Name: Jake Kosh
Inventory: Nothing.
Objective: loving LIVE.
Cash: $750
Gained: Nothing.
Lost: 9 9mm Rounds, 9mm Pistol.

I glanced over at Bruce, his face full of shock. A piece of the helicopter blade almost hit us, but missed. I saw Max falling out, and I reacted quickly. I grabbed his arm, but he began taking me with him, I thought I was dead. Bruce suddenly grabbed my leg before I had fallen, and pulled me up, he helped pull up Max as well. He had blacked out, which, at the moment was a horrible time to do so. An explosion was heard, coming from street level, I looked over the edge, apparently the helicopter had hit the ground just right and exploded, if Max had survived the fall he would have died because of that...

The cops burst onto the rooftop, M16s at the ready, all pointing at us. We raised our guns to fire but it was too late. I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my leg, bringing me down to the ground, I dropped my pistol and grabbed the wound. One of the cops expertly shot the pistol out of Bruce's hand and quickly tackled him and put handcuffs on him, they put some on me as well. I passed out shortly afterwards, the pain becoming too much...
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 08:11:29 PM by star9578 »