Poll

Awesome.

Y
21 (67.7%)
N
10 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Highler Ridge :: Welcome to the city.  (Read 25187 times)

What. I am confused. Jokey, you live in a cardboard box? :O
no, i live in a warehouse that has been abandoned. I sleep in a crate.

Expect a story from me tonight, fo' rill.

Also Mage wtf.

No character present; narrative.

The song being referenced is; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiEzx4JPeAc

Traffic of the night life bustles on by, continuing down the always-populated Central Boulevard. It was bumper to bumper, as it always was, and on the side of the road in the parking lane sat several cars of many makes and models, all having that look about them that gave off the vibe that their owners were millionaires. Many Bentleys tricked out with tinted windows and sleek black rims with the windows rolled down, fire-engine red Ferraris with the cloth tops down, and several other vehicles parked delicately and organized in the uneven dirt parking lot next to a seemingly run-down building. Cars were everywhere, and with them, several people - women dressed in denim skirts and low-cut shirts, men in suit tops and a nice pair of jeans. Some were standing outside socializing, others trying to coax the bouncers guarding the door to let them in. The door was wide open, a sign glowing with "NIGHTone" glowing over the door, and from within the building, you could hear music at top volume blasting out and the strobe lights illuminating the darkness inside for a fraction of a second before flickering again.

Within the club sat a man, dressed stylishly in a blue and white flannel shirt and a pair of jeans that looked like they could have been purchased at Rodeo Drive. He sat relaxed at one of the booths on the side of the club downstairs, the booth velvety red with a modern coffee table in the middle with several different cups scattered on its surface. The music carried on, and the current song ended, leaving the room dimly lit with lights and fog. And then a voice came on, indicating the beginning of the next song...

There's a time, when the operation of the machine
becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart,
that you can't take part, you can't even passively take part,
and you've got to put your body upon the gears,
and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all
the apparatus and you've got to make it stop...

And with that recording, the music began with a fierce noise, and with every repetition of the noise, the lights on the cieling emitted a new color; they transitioned the colors of the rainbow, from red, to orange, yellow, and so on. When a different noise emerged, the strobe lights accelerated, this time all white, giving the club a very energized feeling. The man in the booth shifted as he was approached by a crowd of attractive women and they asked him to dance. He accepted.

To save face, how low can you go
Talk a lot of game and yet you don't know
Static on the way, make you all say whoa
The people up top push the people down low
Get down

He was led up on the dance floor by the women as he broke into a casual swing, and the women sandwiched him, rubbing themselves against him. The song became more intense, and things on the dancefloor heated up between everyone. The dancing was suggestive but nothing unusual; the man continued to dance. He could feel his pistol tucked in the waist of his jeans shifting; he knew he has to be careful if he wanted to keep his cool.

Obey every word, I'm steady
gettin' mine if you haven't yet heard, I'm gonna
take what I got, don't be absurd, don't fight
the power and nobody gets hurt

And with that the man's gun fell down out of his pant leg and clattered to the ground, creating a source of attention. The women that were dancing with the man let out a shriek and the people around the trio followed, and soon the entire club was darting out of the door and into the street. The traffic flowing down Central Boulevard began to screech to a halt as club-goers ran out into the street before the man unloaded on all of the people. The music continued but the lights were turned on in the club, leaving the man standing in the middle of the dance floor with an "oh stuff" look on his face as he stared at his 10mm a few feet away. The overhead lights were glinting off of the barrel and he didn't move a muscle. The bouncers and security crew were cautiously advancing on him. Tonight was not his night.

Name: David Fletcher
Status: Missing left pinky and ring finger, but mysteriously is bandaged up already
Inventory: A butterfly knife, concealed. A deck of cards. A key to... somewhere.
Objective: Get more money. I'm a sleight of hand artist, pickpocketing won't be hard.
Cash: 15 dollars(before) 200 dollars(after)

"Well, there's a good target. See him?" (speaking to a teenager who attempted to lift MY wallet. Heh)
"I mean, C'mon, he's talking on his cell-phone, his back to us, and his wallet is STUFFED with cash.
And it's poking out of his back pocket."

"It's not going to be hard."

"I don't know, I'm still kinda nervous after you ripped me a new one."

"Ah, fine."
(lifts wallet)

"There. See? Not too hard." *hands the kid a 50 dollar bill*

Will post later. Or let someone else post.

Expect a story from me tonight, fo' rill.

Also Mage wtf.
Sorry. :C

This weekend I'll post two.

Name: Max
Items: Baseball Bat, 10mm Pistol, Pistol Ammo (20 Clips), Ak-47, Rifle Ammo (30 Clips)
Cash: $11,100
Objective: No current objective
Gained: Nothing
Lost: Nothing

My slumber was interrupted yet again. Jake was shaking me as my eyes shot opened. "WHAT THE $%&# DO YOU WANT JAKE?!" I shouted. "WHILE YOU WERE ASLEEP SOME MEN CAME UP TO THE WAREHOUSE! THEY SAID THEY WANTED YOU, AND THEY HAD TOMMY GUNS! THEY STARTED SHOOTING AT BRUCE AND I, BUT WE MANAGED TO GET COVER! YOU NEED TO GET OUT OF THIS BOX AND HELP US!" Jake explained quickly. I got up and hopped out of the crate. I ran behind some crates. I heard gunfire everywhere. I poked my head out. Bruce shot a couple times with his pistol, and these idiots shot everywhere, they had a truck full of ammo! I finally found the crate I was looking for! Marbles! I opened the crate slightly and grabbed a handfull of marbles. I ran to and ladder and dashed up to the walkway. I threw the marbles down at the men when they walked forward. Two of them slipped and fell, another shot his head up in my direction. This wasn't good. "THERE HE IS!" he shouted. The two men got up and they all pointed their guns at me. "I'm dead" I mumbled. Bullets flew everywhere. I made a mad sprint for the ladder. A grenade landed behind me. A huge explosion engulfed the walkway. It began to fall. I slid down and landed in a box of packing peanuts. After digging my way out I realised a gun was to my head. I kicked it toward the ceiling as the man wielding it pulled the trigger. I took out my bat and BASHED him upside the head. I ran up to him and grabbed his tommy gun. I fired bullets all over his corpse to make sure he was dead. I then shot at the other two men. I hit one in the shoulder and missed another completely. They ran for their truck and drove off. I threw the gun to the ground. Jake and Bruce came up to me. "Nice work guys!" Bruce said. I fell to my knees. I was breathing heavily. A grenade rolled between my legs. I turned around in a split second. The man who I thought was dead used his dying breath to throw a grenade. "WHAT THE FU-" I shouted before the grenade explo- It didn't explode? Gas was pouring out of it. "IT'S A GAS GRENADE! DON'T BREATH IN the gaaassss....." I heard Jake say. I heard a thud after he was cut off. I heard another thud. I blacked out and hit the ground.

... THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE FOR THE GREATER HIGHLER RIDGE AREA HAS ISSUED A BLIZZARD WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON CST MONDAY ...

THE BLIZZARD WARNING IS NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON CST MONDAY.

* TIMING ... WIND SPEEDS WILL INCREASE RAPIDLY LATER TONIGHT WITH SUSTAINED WINDS OF 35 TO 45 MPH LIKELY BY 12 AM ... WITH OCCASIONAL GUSTS IN EXCESS OF 60 MPH. THESE WIND SPEEDS WILL CONTINUE THROUGH MONDAY MORNING.

* SNOWFALL ... SNOW FALL TOTALS ARE EXPECTED TO CLIMB INTO THE TWENTIES... INNER CITY TOTALS MAY REACH AS MUCH AS 28 INCHES OF SNOW WITH LESSER TOTALS ON THE OUTSKIRTS...

* WINDS... WEST TO NORTHWEST SUSTAINED AT 35 TO 45 MPH WITH OCCASIONAL GUSTS OF 55 TO 60 MPH.

* OTHER IMPACTS... THESE WINDS MAY ALSO RESULT IN SOME BLOWING AND DRIFTING OF SNOW IN OPEN AREAS.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A BLIZZARD WARNING INDICATES VERY HEAVY SNOW AND VERY STRONG AND GUSTY WINDS WILL BE MOVING INTO THE AREA... TRAVEL IS HIGHLY UNADVISED. IF TRAVEL IS NECESSARY... INCLUDE AN EMERGENCY SUPPLY KIT...

HIGH PROFILE VEHICLES MAY FIND IT DIFFICULT TO TRAVEL TONIGHT THROUGH MONDAY AFTERNOON...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Main Story Line Five
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Giovanni Vespucci
Status: HealthyInventory: IDs; Taser(Charged, fairly high in quality)
Objective: None; Narrative (Current Day)
Cash: $2,150
*Sitting in the office with Amedea, who has recently returned to work. Giovanni is cleaning the office and lobby area, waiting for reports on the radio.*

"Any reports yet?" I asked, hoping to be released from this cold prison. Such a long week, I was hoping to return home today. The impending blizzard had made me weary, however, to leave just yet
  "Not yet. Just the blizzard warning" Amedea frowned "It's amazing, isn't it? A single snowflake, so unique, so majestic as it floats alone. And yet when billions of them fall from the sky as a beautiful force of nature, it can screw up a whole city."
  "Ha. I guess so." It was odd. Amedea had been gone for quite a while in the hospital. We hadn't talked in an unsterilized room for what seemed years. Vladamir had been kind enough to allow her return to work easy - She would remain central dispatch and manager. Just then, the radio started hissing out words and static, as we adjusted it to listen.
  "Special News Bulletin: There are reports of a Meltdown in the little spoken isle of Nordston just Northeast of the city - An explosive set in one of the cores of the island's Nuclear Reactors has triggered th---" Static "---All locals were advised to evacuate the island to Highler Ridge's mainlan---" Static "---A warning is, as well, in effect for the northern reaches of Wallack.  The blizzard approaching may hamper travels for any and all evac---" Static "---itizens beware, and stay safe."  
   I sighed. "Such a great week this has been!"
  "What's Nordston?" Amedea looked puzzled and concerned.
  "Nordston is an island just Northeast of here. It's part of the industrial district. SeQuence, you know the name, bought it out and, in turn, the powergrid for Highler Ridge."
  "Ah." Amedea continued to work, as I sat, waiting once more for a storm to pass over. As she arranged bookends, I couldn't help but smile as I continued my work, jovial to her return.

Meh. I'm not that into it. :c

I'll write a better one later this weekend. I just wanted to introduce Nordston for now and use fancy-shmancy metaphors.

Mage you should really write more. I lovelovelove reading what you have to say. :o

Hrm. Gas grenades eh? So. You shoot him a bazillion times, Jokey, and bash his head and he is still alive? What the forget?

So. You shoot him a bazillion times, Jokey, and bash his head and he is still alive? What the forget?
I really don't know. I'm losing my creative juices
EDIT: It's possible he could have survived... I missed his spine.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 03:47:03 PM by Jokey365 »

I really don't know. I'm losing my creative juices
EDIT: It's possible he could have survived... I missed his spine.
0_0. Well. I am finally on my other computer so I can post without troubles on my iPod. Let this dry spell go away. Honestly, we have to come up with some new stuff. We escape the cops, run away, get captured, and repeat the process. Waht do.

Name: Bruce
Items: 10mm pistol, combat knife, ID, and Ak-47
Objective: Escape police grasps again :(
Cash: $1054

"Ow forget. Let go of me!" I screamed. I could not believe I was going back to prison. The men dropped me face first on the ground in my new cell. Inside, Max and Jake were already there. I felt my face for blood. I felt nothing.

"Now you stay in there until the boss decides to kill you all," one of the guards said. He was ready to kill us. But he knew the boss had other plans.

When the guards went away, Max looked a bit worried. "I didn't like the sound of that."

"Ah. We've been through much more than this, Max," Jake replied trying to console him.

I interrupted. "Um. No. Guys..." I stuttered and stared at them before I finally put my words together. "I have something to tell you..."

"What, Bruce? Don't worry. Tell us," Jake said

"The boss of the Goodyear prison isn't the actual boss. He is an assassin that has tried to hunt me down for years now. What he will do to me today will be worse what he can do to you two combined."

"Why didn't you tell us?" Max asked. "Then we have to hurry out of here."

We formulated a plan for 4 hours. While they were busy making an escape plan, I managed to steal an Ak-47 and a set of keys that some new guard left next to our cell. I hid the AK under the bed. I kept the keys in my pants. Max and Jake seemed to know of a way out. We basically knew the jail by heart because we have been here so often.

"Alright," Jake whispered. "Here's the plan: Bruce, you unlock the cell at midnight where there are no guards except for a few on watch duty. We will attack the guard down by the end of this hallway and steal his weapons. Then, we will proceed to escape to the east wing where the parking lot is. We will have to kill the guard in this watchtower here and here. Then, we can escape and find a place to spend the night. We should travel to Wallack and find a good warehouse to hide in. Keep in mind, we must act as fast and stealthily as we can. A blizzard is supposed to arrive." Jake said. He showed us a map of the jail midway and showed us guard locations. "Everyone got that?"

"Got it."

I unlocked the cell. Just like we planned, there was a guard at the end of the long, dark hallway. He was holding his Ak out and ready to fire. Fortunately, he had no real understanding of where we really were. We knocked him out easily and grabbed a few things to continue, including his set of door keys. I gave Max the guard's AK and I gave Jake mine. I looted his 10mm pistol and knife which is really all I needed. We continued down the hallway. Nobody was here. It was a bit too quiet.

"Ready guys?" I said.

"Ready," Max loaded a fresh magazine into the AK-47.

I unlocked the door. Nobody was there. Just another long, dark hallway to the east wing. I could faintly see a guard standing next to a cell. He was obviously talking to an inmate on something. I decided not to shoot. We stealthily walked past him and slipped down the door to the west wing. All that stood in our way was a big vault door to the parking lot. I tried a password that should've worked. It didn't.

"Damn. They changed the passcodes recently. Max, go back and kill that guard. He must have the codes on him."

"Ok," Max said. In a few seconds, he disappeared behind the door and came back with a slip of paper. "The passcode is Gi2902."

I repeated the password Max told me and entered it into the computer. The vault door slowly opened. But, something happened. It was starting to close! "Out! Out! It's closing on us!," I shouted to Max and Jake.

We barely made it. The guards in the guard towers were not there. It was also strangely colder than it should've been.

"Get in the car, guys. We have to escape this blizzard." We stole a cop car and drove off into the night.

It was getting harder and harder to see. We must've been close to Wallack now. "No no no. This is going all wrong. The blizzard was supposed to come tomorrow!"

I tried as best I could to see the road. That was a bit short lived as we eventually crashed into something. I looked into the back seat. "Um guys. We ran into a problem. We have to stay here for the night. I can't see anything. Make yourself comfortable guys..."

And I fell asleep right after that...

See now this is dying only its not my fault.

See now this is dying only its not my fault.
I will start posting again soon. Don't worry. D: