Poll

Awesome.

Y
21 (67.7%)
N
10 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Highler Ridge :: Welcome to the city.  (Read 25122 times)

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I will do so sometime soon. :o
yayyayayayyayayay. Must find us Caution.

Bad news guys, Ipod can't post due to the registration key thing. We're gonna have to take control of him from here on out :c

Never mind all. The lock is lifted. Yey!

Never mind all. The lock is lifted. Yey!

...you don't have a key?

Look, I'm being (slightly) active!

Name: Jake Kosh
Inventory: 9mm Pistol(9/9, 20 rounds).
Objective: Bring the money to The Boss.
Cash: $750
Gained: Black Hoodie, $750.
Lost: Metal Briefcase.

-storysnip-
15 minutes before...

"Oh stuff, I forgot to get the money to The Boss!"

I quickly put on a plain black hoodie and pull the hood over my head. Grabbing a small metal briefcase that I was sure I had lost, I walk out the door, bumping into a man with blonde hair in the hallway.

"Sorry." I said, the man looked at me oddly.

"Jake, its me, Max." he finally said. I stared at him for a second. He looks completely different, I couldn't believe this was Max.

"Wow, you really put effort into changing you're look. Well, I'm off to get this money to the guy that hired me." Max looked confused, he obviously forgot.

"Wait, money? From whe-" I interrupted him. "The job you helped me with, now I gotta go, he probably thinks I ran off with the money."

I ran down to the elevator and got inside, I opened the briefcase, all the money was inside. I got to the ground floor, the manager was still missing, he must have taken the money for himself and left. I walked outside, I looked around for a second, I remember this area, I drove through here chasing that damned van, and I was close to the boss' hideout. I ran in the direction I thought the hideout was in, jumping into dark alleyways when cops went by, finally I found it. It was an old abandoned factory at the end of the island. I knocked on a nearby door, it opened, a woman was behind the door, pointing a gun at my head.

"You can put the gun down, its me, Jake. I have the money for the boss." She lowered the gun and allowed me inside, I walked through the familiar factory towards room which I knew The Boss would be in. The old, rusty machinery here used to make pens, but it was abandoned for reasons unknown. I finally arrived at a door with a guard.

"State you're business." he said calmly. "I have the money for him, its right here." I held the briefcase up.

"Go on in." He opened the door, the man I only knew as "The Boss" was sitting behind a fairly expensive looking desk.

"So, you have the money?" He had noticed the briefcase. I handed it to him, he opened it, looked at the money for a second and closed it.

"I assume Vince is dead as well?" he asked.

"Yes." I replied. "Good." he said.

"As agreed, here is $500 for retrieving the money, and an extra $250 for making sure that bastard is dead." he said with a smirk. He handed me $750 and I walked out, satisfied with my reward. I made my way back to the hotel, Kelton was a nice district if you weren't being chased by cops. I made it back to the hotel, I walked inside. Max was watching TV and Bruce had left the room.

"Well, I got $750, and they didn't try to kill me." I lay down on the water bed and begin drifting to sleep, I hadn't gotten any for a while...

Name: Max
Items: Room 300 Key
Cash: $9,825
Objective: No current objective
Gained: New Companion: Jon (Dog)
Lost: $100

Jake hopped onto the water bed and drifted off to sleep, and I was watching a dog show for some reason. I may be a ganster, but I had a soft spot for anything cute and fluffy. I ran down to the elevator and headed for the lobby. The manager was just getting back to the counter. I walked up to him. "Are there dogs allowed in this hotel?" I asked. "The rules state that if a pet is in the hotel he remains in the room unless being taken outside or inside of the premesis. Dogs that make a 'mistake' on the way in or out, must be dealt with by the owner, and the dog must be no more then 4 feet tall" he explained. "Thanks" I said and exited the hotel. A cop drove by. He looked me right in the eyes and didn't even realise who I was. After a bit of walking I arrived at a pet shop. The assorted barks, meows, and tweets made me smile. I scanned the cages with all sorts of small dogs inside. They were all so full of like! IT WAS SO ADORABLE! I finally found the perfect dog. He was staring me right in the eyes. An adorable shih-tzu. He was brown with lighter streaks all across his back. He was wagging his tail incredibly fast. Somebody walked up to me. "If you're interested, he's $100" an employee said. "I'll take him!" I said happily. After paying and exiting I carried my new companion outside. I set him down and hooked him up on a leash the store gave me. I walked him back to the hotel. I road up the elevator and back to the room. Jake was just getting up. "Who's this?" he asked. "This is Jon, our new buddy!" I said. They exchanged glares. "He's cute" Jake finally said. I walked to the fridge and got some hamburger meat. I put it in a bowl and gace it to Jon. He ate it up in a few bites. He ran over to the couch and began to nap. I walked over to the pool table. "Wanna play a round?" I asked. "Sure!" Jake said. He walked over and grabbed a stick. We began to play.

Bump.

Do something ipod!

This is pretty much dead :c

« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 08:15:01 PM by Jokey365 »

I've been insanely busy and have also become Mage stopped posting.

Nobody is posting anymore... (I don't mean like everyone stopped posting, you know what I mean)
POSTING WILL RESUME

eventually :c

...you don't have a key?
I do. I lost the piece of paper my Authentication Key was on so :(

Sorry for lack of posts. I just got back from vacation. Expect a couple. Also bump. K

Reviving topic commence! I need to go soon at the time of this writing but this is the only time I could get on so yeah.

Name: Bruce
Items: Hotel Keycard, ID, combat knife, 10mm pistol, fresh clothes, and some spare ammo hidden away
Gained: Some fresh clothes
Lost: some cash
Cash: $2309

I decided to get out of the room and explore Kelton, making sure I covered up for the extreme weather and for concealment. I found a clothes shop and wanted some new clothes from the old clothes I have worn for almost 6 days in a row. I bought some new clothes and pants and started to change in an alleyway. I was worried. My target was the main goal and reason I was here. He was killed a month ago. The family may assume I'm dead and that douchebag of a cousin will take up my role in the family. I found the nearest pay phone and called long distance into Russia. I assured them I was ok and I had a little business to take care of. I hung up when they started to get all parenty and screaming at me.

Suddenly, a police car was heading down the road chasing someone else. I was lucky this time that they didn't see me. But after catching up with the speeder, the cop got out of his car and looked at me.

"Say. Isn't it that convict, Bob?" one cop asked.

"FIRE!" the other one screamed.

Without warning, they started shooting at me. The busy street went into a huge riot. I ran past it, dodging a few shots ending up against the wall or rioting people. I made my way back safely and quickly got into my room, seeing a dog and Jake.