Poll

Awesome.

Y
21 (67.7%)
N
10 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Highler Ridge :: Welcome to the city.  (Read 25725 times)

Ill make occasional weather updates then. They'll most likely last for a while since Im too lazy to post often nor is there a need to.

And Mage.

Ily.

How about Highler Ridge be an island off the coast of Maine, because the water levels dropped x amount of feet for some reason. You could put it right where the Warm Gulf Current meets a cold current, giving it freaky weather. Correct me if I am wrong about that.

How about Highler Ridge be an island off the coast of Maine, because the water levels dropped x amount of feet for some reason. You could put it right where the Warm Gulf Current meets a cold current, giving it freaky weather. Correct me if I am wrong about that.

Hmmm, I actually kind of like pretending that its kind of in an undefined location but still in America somewhere.

Anyway, I think it's time I post again.

Name: Raymond Porello
Inventory: Tazer; 10mm pistol (30); police radio; flashlight
Objective: [ShortTerm] Report to an accident [LongTerm] Assist in finding William Forvetti
Cash: $1165

While I turned onto Central Boulevard, the familiar woman's voice came across the radio. She announced there was a rollover accident in the middle of the intersection about seven blocks ahead of me. I decided to ditch searching for the cab for now, and call the dispatch office later requesting to know when the cab was active again. I picked up the radio and responded, confirming that I was on my way over to the scene. I flicked the two switches on the console area, and the lights around my car lit up the area and the siren pierced the soft humming of the engine as I accelerated down the boulevard. I weaved back and forth across the center stripe, cars of both directions pulling over to the side of the road at the site of me. I weaved between cars, going sixty before slowing down at intersections. In a few moments, after four blocks, the cars came into view. Traffic was already backed up horrendously, and it wasn't even rush hour. No other cruisers or EMS were here yet, putting me into some big shoes to fill. I honked the horn when I was by the traffic, and the several vehicles moved in a thin thread crossing the center line and going back onto their side after rounding the rolled over sedan in the intersection. The car was right in the middle of the inside lane and another car with a completely destroyed front end was in the other outside lane, blocking the lane of traffic attempting to get out of the intersection on the narrow two-lane residential street. One woman and a young child of about six were sitting, leaning against the back driverside door of the car. This one was a small Dodge Neon, but this accident definitely proved that the size of the car didn't matter; the only thing that does is where you hit the other car. Once three car lengths or so cleared between the stopped traffic and the damaged cars, I pulled my cruiser in the gap and directed traffic onto the side street. I knew this wasn't going to be healthy for the neighborhood but it was the only thing I could do as of now. I put it in park and opened the door, leaving the lights on. I gave a small waving gesture to the woman and her child; they both had tears in their eyes and were severely shaken though looked uninjured. I popped the trunk of the cruiser open and took out a couple of road flairs and walked over into the oncoming lanes where traffic was equally as bad. I held out my hand to some cars a few rows back and they stopped. The traffic cleared out and I struck a flair on the ground and it ignited. I placed it on the ground and eventually got the road down to the outside lane, flowing in one lane around the wreckage. It took a few minutes, but soon traffic around was moving again, though slowly. I held the button on the radio on my shoulder.
     "Dispatch, do we have any units on the way to assist?" It had been a long while since I arrived and other units should have come by now, or EMS at least.
     "183, we're doing our best, but we have several other accidents and crimes in the area... I'll see what I can do but we might not have other units to spare though EMS is at the ready. Let me know if it's necessary," and with that I walked back towards the scene. I looked in the rolled over car and no one was there; it looked like an older Honda Civic. I walked back around and saw the women and her child still leaning against the Neon. There was a young kid sitting on the tarmac behind the Civic, with his legs outstretched in front of him leaning against the back quarter panel. He looked even more shaken than the mother did which was understandable, looking at his car. He had many scratches and was holding his arm and wincing occasionally. "Dispatch, I'm gonna need some EMS, looks like we might have some slight injury," I said. "10-4," came the reply. I gathered up the groups.
     "Hello, ladies and gentlemen," I said, trying to lift the mood of the situation. The kid just continued to look down at the ground, an ashamed look on his face. The mother smiled at me and offered a friendly smile. "Are you two okay?" I asked the mother and the child, and they replied with a nod. "I've called EMS already for this young man, they should be here soon enough to check you out. Do you guys have some license and registration on you?" I asked.
     "Yeah, I'll go get it... Sammie, stay here for a minute, please," the woman spoke to her daughter. She walked over to her car on the driver's side and attempted to open the door, but she didn't seem to be able. I looked at the young man standing to my left. "Sir? Do you have any ID or vehicle registration?"
     "Oh, uh, yeah, hang on..." he said, and ran off to his own car. The little girl at my side looked terrified, and she tugged on my pants and asked in her high, soft voice, "Mr. Policeman, are you going to arrest Mommy?" she said with fear in her voice. I smiled down at her and knelt down on the pavement. "Your mommy hasn't done anything wrong, so I'm not going to. You look really scared. Are you okay?" I asked her. She nodded and sat down against my cruiser.

A diagram for those who are confused;

And the rain begins to fall, lightly. It's a sprinkle but enough to make the roads slick and fill the gutters on the street with some water flow. The passing traffic began to have their windshield wipers on more often than not. The sky becomes overcast, though it's still only 3:30 in the afternoon. The streetlights come on because they have light sensors. It suddenly feels much later as the rain casually falls around the city.

And that's all for now lol. I'm sorry if my stories are boring, I find that being a cop would be interesting and I like having the realistic aspect of life in my posts.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 09:13:51 PM by Caution »

Derp, I'm back after not being able to get on for like a week.

Name: Jake Kosh
Inventory: 9mm Pistol(9/9, 26 9mm Rounds), A knife.
Objective: Nothing.
Cash: $30
Gained: Nothing.
Lost: Nothing.

I stop speeding, blending in with the traffic, I look at the sky, noticing an overcast. It begins to sprinkle.

"Damnit! We shouldn't have let him go!" I say.

"If we stayed we would've been caught!" Carter says.

Carter stares at me, and had a look as if he knew what I was thinking.

"I'm going back, if you want to come you can. If not you can get out here." I say, slipping a new magazine into my pistol.

I couldn't tell what Carter was thinking, if he was going to come along or leave while he still can.

Hurry and post morning, I'm not gonna wait long.

His last post was on page seven, it's kind of making me wonder if he'll even post again. :o

His last post was on page seven, it's kind of making me wonder if he'll even post again. :o
I'll probably wait until tomorrow then I'll continue.

Out Of Main Character

Claudio stormed into his office, throwing a rain drenched overcoat and fedora on a chair near his desk, one that lie empty for much too long. He took a seat, staring at the dismal glass walls, over looking a broken city, its only lights coming from streaks of lighting across the sky. {By evening the storm had worked up quite a bit :o} One, two, then three glasses of scotch found their way to Claudio, a passive alcoholic. His assistant, number 12 at this point, walked in carrying some papers.

"Here you are, sir." She place them on the desk, smiling, trying not to look too deep within his eyes.

Claudio stood, grabbing her arm and pulling her close. One, two, three screams until he cupped her mouth with his hand. With anger he kissed her neck hoping in someway what pain he had felt, what betrayal found within him over the years, what guilt he had subdued, would pass on to her. Would be released. She struggle, grabbing a stapler and hitting him with it as well as she could. He stumbled back, she ran for the door. One, two, three steps until an assortment of art and office supplies was hurled across the room, Claudio throwing them, backed with screams of agony.
  But she had escaped. Most likely she wouldn't return. Poor office conditions, they always said. Fools they were called. Who would leave SeQuence, a billion dollar company, for anything less? They supplied enough to solve any and all issues.
  Claudio was alone. In a broken office, in a broken city, in a broken world. But then perhaps what bothered him the most in these dark, stormy times, when he sits in his office only with him and his shadow, maybe too a bottle of scotch, is not that he lives in such, but that he helped create it.

Caution inspired me to write more. :3

Mage, you are a really good writer. :o

Mage, you are a really good writer. :o
Why thank you. C:

Besides, I wouldn't get paid if I wasn't. :D

Well I am a plumber. :o

I thought you were a priesty thingy. :o