Author Topic: "Blockland Stealth", oh jesus another RTB clone.  (Read 7245 times)

Seems like its mostly for him to get super secret add-ons

Jeep has acknowledged that his program is nothing like Platinum Blockland or AfterBlock. Personally I'm not sure what it is, I think its online tools mixed with some sort of social networking concept in-game.

Social Networking for the Game.

Guys, give this a chance. Don't be so hating on it yet. Jeep has no intentions to replace RTB or AB so leave this alone.

ffs let him make his own mods.

It would probably be best if I cleared some things up with Stealth. It is not an in-game mod(for the most part), and it doesn't have a single feature RTB or AB has(minus chat, but it's not IRC. It's a chat system I coded). Anyone have any questions? It would be best to ask me now.

NoEdit:

The Web browser part is not that hard.
I created my first web browser for Blockland Manager Beta/Platinum Blockland v1 without any web resources/webcode. I removed it because it was too simple.

The Web Browser was mainly created for the Ad system. When you click on a link, instead of popping up Internet Explorer it comes up with it's own browser. IMMC is also featured in the Stealth Browser. That was fairly challenging.

I guess I should explain IMMC better.

There's also a tag called %Blockland.Directory that gets the Blockland Directory. Example:

To install this add-on, drop it in %Blockland.Directory/Add-Ons/

Result:

To install this add-on, drop it in C:/Program Files(x86)/Blockland/Add-Ons/

The Web Browser was mainly created for the Ad system. When you click on a link, instead of popping up Internet Explorer it comes up with it's own browser. IMMC is also featured in the Stealth Browser. That was fairly challenging.
I dont know anything about IMMC. Although clicking a link and signaling the web browser to change its URL or 'navigate' is fairly easy, weather its a form or a link within the web browser.

To install this add-on, drop it in %Blockland.Directory/Add-Ons/

Result:

To install this add-on, drop it in C:/Program Files(x86)/Blockland/Add-Ons/
Platinum Blockland finds the Blockland folder manually, though its no different. I may set some example directorys where the Blockland folder may be found.

I dont know anything about IMMC. Although clicking a link and signaling the web browser to change its URL or 'navigate' is fairly easy, weather its a form or a link within the web browser.
Platinum Blockland finds the Blockland folder manually, though its no different. I may set some example directorys where the Blockland folder may be found.
I use registry to find things. Stealth auto-detects RTB and Blockland at the first start. Check the newsletter for more information on Stealth IMMC. The web-browser was not hard to make, but IMMC was not easy.

Honestly though(sorry for the double posts), the Web Browser is the simplest feature Stealth offers. IMMC was hard because some things require an SQL Query to get information. I had to do that without lagging Stealth at all.

I use registry to find things. Stealth auto-detects RTB and Blockland at the first start. Check the newsletter for more information on Stealth IMMC. The web-browser was not hard to make, but IMMC was not easy.
Registry? I've tried accessing the Registry before to save settings instead of just .dat files, and failed. I will have to check for another way. But for now the Blockland folder is located manually.

Also, about newsletters I have tried. Its possible, but there is a problem with downloading files, so I am having in my "WIP" or "Abandoned" project folder that I keep for later use.

Honestly though(sorry for the double posts), the Web Browser is the simplest feature Stealth offers. IMMC was hard because some things require an SQL Query to get information. I had to do that without lagging Stealth at all.
Web browser is pretty much a drag and drop with the fewest of code. IE and Firefox might have 500 > lines code as far as I know (Depending what language its built on)

Registry? I've tried accessing the Registry before to save settings instead of just .dat files, and failed. I will have to check for another way. But for now the Blockland folder is located manually.

Also, about newsletters I have tried. Its possible, but there is a problem with downloading files, so I am having in my "WIP" or "Abandoned" project folder that I keep for later use.
Web browser is pretty much a drag and drop with the fewest of code. IE and Firefox might have 500 > lines code as far as I know (Depending what language its built on)
IE and Firefox have to handle the HTML code. Without handling that it would appear as text. Also, if you need any help just let me know. Stealth and Platinum Blockland have no similar features, design, nor concept, so neither are at competition with each other.

Don't store the registry in a dat file. Just store a previous entry in a settings value then get the current value and set it to the settings value every time the program starts. This way, if the user reinstalls, it is detected and auto changed.