56 (24%)
Your average game
61 (26.2%)
Not popular
74 (31.8%)
Only a few people know it
24 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 232

Author Topic: BLOCKLAND How popular are you really?  (Read 9839 times)

I mean the fact like 1 or 2 people join RTB every 7 seconds, is quite amazing.

Er, where is that fact?

Minecraft is easily younger than Roblox and Blockland but Minecraft can easily beat both of them.

Look at this:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tournaments/standings/5

CAN YOU SEE HOW MOJANG, A COMPANY WITH ONE GAME(MINECRAFT) BEAT NINTENDO(A COMPANY THAT HAS A LOT OF GAMES PLUS MEMORABLE NOSTALGIC CLASSICS)

Now replace Mojang AB with Blockland/Roblox.
Minecraft beats them both in popularity but it sucks crap. It's one of those games where it isn't amazingly popular because it is the greatest game, it's just that most people who play it think it is.

How about try and gather 10+ random kids/teens and get who has what, and who doesn't. Then make a percentage of that.

Tommorow! Although I am pretty sure that I am the only one in my school that plays sandbox games. Other people in my school usually play Black Ops.

Minus my girlfriend.

She plays Minecraft.

Er, where is that fact?
Not sure. He probably pulled it out of the air from a plane passing bay that has a banner saying it then he accidentally ripped the last part that says "as an approximation that probably isn't right"

How about try and gather 10+ random kids/teens and get who has what, and who doesn't. Then make a percentage of that.

OK, I made a graph. 3 people in the school play sandbox games. 23 play war games.

OK, I made a graph. 3 people in the school play sandbox games. 23 play war games.
So about 22% play sandbox games, and about 88% play war games. That should be right. Someone correct me.

I think the reason my Blockland isn't well know is because of the community.
No one with relative talent/influence wants to advertise for Blockland due to it having a poor community
(Aka 8-14 year-old's that don't really think before they act...)

Because blockland doesen't have any ads its not that popular. Also the 'war' between stupid peoples favourite opinions starts getting bigger and bigger all the time. its already at Gmod vs BL vs MC vs Roblox. in no time Lego universe comes in to the list and all the videos about the games start getting comments like [Any games listed above] better.
Blockland has ads  :cookieMonster:

Minecraft beats them both in popularity but it sucks crap. It's one of those games where it isn't amazingly popular because it is the greatest game, it's just that most people who play it think it is.
And i thought i was the only one who thought this.
It's fun, but it's not the greatest game in history, in all honesty, the only reason it's popular was because it got referred on the TF2 blog, all the "Word of mouth" stuff was only a small fraction, i mean, if the valve team says it's great, wouldn't alot of people?

Additionally, why are we comparing two lego-based block building games with a survival building game again?

I don't understand it, we have better graphics than Ro-

OH NEVERMIND

I don't understand it, we have better graphics than Ro-

OH NEVERMIND

Well, we have WAAAY better graphicss then 'super cool' 8bit Minecra-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjhtjDnneLQ&feature=player_embedded

AWE stuff

Minecraft and Blockland shouldn't be competing. They're two completely different games, the only similarity is that they involve building.

stfu eksi
At least Blockland has a good player model and hundreds of files to add on to it.

Minecraft beats them both in popularity but it sucks crap.

PFFFHHHHAHAHAHAHAHA

have you even played minecraft?

Blockland > Minecraft easily

minecraft will die off eventually and mojang will fail trying to come up with another good game
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 11:56:38 PM by Solid »