56 (24%)
Your average game
61 (26.2%)
Not popular
74 (31.8%)
Only a few people know it
24 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 232

Author Topic: BLOCKLAND How popular are you really?  (Read 9841 times)

Er, where is that fact?
65% of all statistics is made up , wich leads to me thinking if this one is made up.

65% of all statistics is made up
so there's a chance this statistic is made up?

Minecraft is quite popular but Blockland isn't that much.

I've made this handy chart to show you where Blockland is relative to Minecraft and Roblox.

This chart of course is 100% accurate.

I think that the chart is 90% half wrong

Some people who play blockland actually started with roblox.
I personally think Minecraft and Blockland are the best block placing games out there.

I think that the chart is 90% half wrong
BAHAHHAHHA silly kalph :3

Blockland is (in my opinion) a far better game than minecraft and roblox, however just because its better doesnt mean lots of people will know of it

what i don't get is people used to complain about bad graphics and now they want everything black and white and 8-bit.

I've made this handy chart to show you where Blockland is relative to Minecraft and Roblox.

This chart of course is 100% accurate.

This is pretty accurate. Considering how roblox makes its money by targeting to children who will bitch and moan at their parents until they buy what they want. Also Minecraft became popular because of it's large freeroam rebuild your own world capabilities which is bigger than Blockland.

Then there is Blockland which is barely doing better than a low-medium selling wiiware game you will find. If Blockland had some kind of edge it will be popular fast, maybe on steam perhaps?

if blockland had an inhouse modeling program and possibly a drag-and-drop entity creator that came with the game (something easily accessible to kids, for sure) i think baddy'd be rolling in dough right about now

if anything blockland's biggest edge is the fact you can personally forget with it however you please

Blockland < Minecraft easily

minecraft will die off eventually and mojang will fail trying to come up with another good game
You mean the other way around? Your sentence kinda doesn't fit in with your inequality. I still think blockland could use a graphical update. The only somewhat good graphical feature it has is using lights in dark maps, with custom brick textures.

You mean the other way around? Your sentence kinda doesn't fit in with your inequality. I still think blockland could use a graphical update. The only somewhat good graphical feature it has is using lights in dark maps, with custom brick textures.
blockland has been doing good for years now. minecraft just started getting popular

blockland has been doing good for years now. minecraft just started getting popular
You put your < the wrong way around.

@Solid

How would Minecraft get old? The developers (or developer) will continue to work on it for at least another year, and then release more updates and expansion packs after that. People would still play it the same way people still play TF2, Oblivion or, well, Blockland.

@Solid

How would Minecraft get old? The developers (or developer) will continue to work on it for at least another year, and then release more updates and expansion packs after that. People would still play it the same way people still play TF2, Oblivion or, well, Blockland.
I agree with this.
It's gotten too many players and generated too much revenue for the game to just fall off the face of the earth and die.
Mojang will no doubt grow and produce other games, and Minecraft will likely stay as one of it's most well-known games, even if it's very outdated compared to it's more recent games.
Same Half-Life is one of the most classic Valve games, despite being very old now and not capable of competing with games that exist now, including other older games like Half-Life2 or TF2.

I do agree with Heedicalking though. Blockland is a fun game, and I keep coming back to it, but it's mainly luck that I wandered upon it.
Had my friend not mentioned it to me, and had he not found it first of all, then I would not have found it at all.
And I had to be highly recommended the game to play.
There wasn't an aspect to it that drew me in the moment I had a look at it.

But then I got hooked once I started, so it did it's job there.
It's either not got anything purely unique (As in, Default and Unique) which will draw lots of people from all over to have a look, or it's not advertised or been spread far enough.
It's got just as much chance as being picked up as Roblox or Minecraft.
It's just not been put right out there.

But hey! Minecraft and Blockland both have community based image-rating websites for them! I don't see Roblox with one of those!

Although, that said, Blockbot is probably the least used bot of all of them. :c