The Ion Cannon: Where have i seen this before?

Author Topic: The Ion Cannon: Where have i seen this before?  (Read 5610 times)

My respect of you went from 0 to -0. Congrats.
-0 isnt a number dude

My respect of you went from 0 to -0. Congrats.
That's okay Dillpickle- No one respects you either.

Why can't Gamma download files from RtB? I get that he can't comment, upload, or that other stuff, but why not download?

Why can't Gamma download files from RtB? I get that he can't comment, upload, or that other stuff, but why not download?

Ephi said because I wasn't "respecting" his work I wasn't allowed access to it.

Sheath, why don't you understand that RTB's file blocking of failed add-ons is mostly so that Ephailtes doesn't get Badspot pissed at him?
Those files were failed for a reason.

Sheath, why don't you understand that RTB's file blocking of failed add-ons is mostly so that Ephailtes doesn't get Badspot pissed at him?

You have jumped into the discussion at the last minute, neglecting my previous messages. Please acknowledge what everyone has already posted on the matter, because if you had you'd notice your question has already been answered.

Those files were failed for a reason.

I've seen people post that so many times to try to justify something on behalf of Ephi or Badspot, without proper knowledge of the logic behind their actions. Please, do list the reasons so we can break them down. Or, since you are clearly already falling down such a route, why not jump to the negligent conclusion of "they are admins, deal with it", another failed attempt at reasoning so many people like to stamp on topics like this.

You have jumped into the discussion at the last minute, neglecting my previous messages. Please acknowledge what everyone has already posted on the matter, because if you had you'd notice your question has already been answered.

I've seen people post that so many times to try to justify something on behalf of Ephi or Badspot, without proper knowledge of the logic behind their actions. Please, do list the reasons so we can break them down. Or, since you are clearly already falling down such a route, why not jump to the negligent conclusion of "they are admins, deal with it", another failed attempt at reasoning so many people like to stamp on topics like this.
I read what you said, and I imagine responding the second paragraph is sufficient.
Anyway, each add-on is failed for its own reasons. Give me a failed add-on, and I'll tell you why it was failed.

Holy stuff just get over it.

You made the website as a juvenile protest, and now you're not willing to face the music. You brought this on yourself.

Anyway, each add-on is failed for its own reasons. Give me a failed add-on, and I'll tell you why it was failed.

The whole point of what I have been bringing up is not the case by case basis in which Ephi has decided the add-on should be thrown away, I've already said before nobody expects Ephi or any other service for that matter to go providing files Badspot has blacklisted. But that Badspot blacklisting them is good enough. You don't see him going around, picking out websites and banning people for what they do off-site.

Ephi is saying that failed add-ons are a non-priority matter and he is just keeping up to mark with Badspot's policy. But he is clearly putting more emphasis on keeping such content out of peoples grasp.

Holy stuff just get over it.
You made the website as a juvenile protest, and now you're not willing to face the music. You brought this on yourself.

Get off your high horse. I have made it quite clear that I have no issue with the ban, there is no music to face. Don't try to make it out like I'm complaining about the situation with Winbin, the only reason that is coming up right now is to make a point about Ephi's extended priority when it comes to failed addons.

Get off your high horse. I have made it quite clear that I have no issue with the ban, there is no music to face. Don't try to make it out like I'm complaining about the situation with Winbin, the only reason that is coming up right now is to make a point about Ephi's extended priority when it comes to failed addons.
I'm a "high horse" because I'm not siding with you, right?

You've seemed to have missed a rather important point (which is the be-all end-all for your petty complaints). Ephi created RTB. This gives him the right to do whatever the forget he wants with his service as-long as it's not treading on Baddy's toes. Your ban is warranted. Ephi's "extended priority" is also warranted, as it is his service; and he is acting to maintain it in an orderly fashion. The rules apply to everyone; I don't know why you feel like it's an injustice if you get the stick for breaking them.

You seem to be on an even higher horse than myself!

Edit: Just to concrete in my position here; I wouldn't give a flying stuff if Ephi started banning people from RTB because they had names starting with the letter "T". It's his service. Unless you have the capacity to make anything better, live with it (you don't have that capacity, by the way).
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 06:19:07 AM by ßoltster »

Problem is, you are not allowed to make anything better; it will get failed on sight. If Ephi didn't have a monopoly on in-game mod managers then I don't think he would act like this.

The concept of having more than one add-on hosting service for a single game with about 20k players is an absurd notion. RTB will always have a 'monopoly' on add-on hosting.

Nobody smart enough to replicate it's functionality would be stupid enough to see any benefit in doing so.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 07:53:00 AM by Ephialtes »

The concept of having more than one add-on hosting service for a single game with about 20k players is an absurd notion. Due to what? The 'split up community-' argument has been pulled up several times, but the consequences of this hasn't been mentioned. The thought of a 'new TBM' is absurd. RTB will always have a 'monopoly' on add-on hosting. That's my point: people who dislike your administration but still want a mod manager cannot switch to another alternative because there is none.

Nobody smart enough to replicate it's functionality would be stupid enough to see any benefit in doing so. What do you mean by 'beneficial'? They would probably do it for ideological reasons.

Wedge wrote quite eloquently about it here: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=118625.msg2480097;topicseen#msg2480097

Nobody's stupid enough to spend a year of their life trying to one-up RTB just to prove a point. That would be more flattering than anything else.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 09:32:31 AM by Ephialtes »