Author Topic: Blockyard - What the hell?  (Read 17045 times)

also, needs some sort of way to get higher other than stacking bricks and jumping

(right click = jets?) lol
Create a two hight block, jump on it, then look down and press G.

Science.

how do I make a server? Every time I host one no one can join. Do I have to port forward or anthing?

I really want to know because this website isn't blocked at school and I want to play with other people.

Ah, Unity. Some awesome browser games on that. Blurst is ftw.

I just want to mention that you can't type on a mac, for me.

I just want to mention that you can't type on a mac, for me.
Yeah. But I don't care because this isn't very good

Yeah. But I don't care because this isn't very good
>:(

Why don't you tell him what isn't very good about it, then?

I wonder, has Badspot already glanced over this topic? If he did I wonder what his reaction is. Other than that I enjoy the mechanisms in this game. I made a car and tried to ride it on a track.

saving and loading

why you no exist?

Released v0.7.09 -- If you play at www.blockyard..com, you may need to refresh to see the newest version. If you play the downloaded client, you should see an Update Available message in the lower right the next time you start the client.

v0.7.09 changes...
- Implemented new toolbar (press TAB for toolbar)
- Allow creating objects by selecting object in toolbar and clicking begin/end points
- Allow creating objects by pressing SHIFT+tool key at begin/end points
- Locked mouse within window after initial click

Amazing, I can tell this is gonna sky rocket up, this will defiantly become popular, I'll download now and I'll have a look at this.

Seems awesome :O

:/ I REALLY hate the new toolbar, I can't do things half as fast as I used to :p

The toolbar should be used ONLY for things you actually spawn. (ball/tree/blocks/axels/wedges/etc)

:/ I REALLY hate the new toolbar, I can't do things half as fast as I used to :p

The toolbar should be used ONLY for things you actually spawn. (ball/tree/blocks/axels/wedges/etc)

Yeah, I have mixed feeling abouts it.  Basically, I've implemented both techniques to doing things.  For all actions (adding objects, removing objects, pushing objects, etc), you can either...

1) Choose the tool in the toolbar and click to use the tool

- OR -

2) Press SHIFT+Tool Key to use the tool without selecting it first in the toolbar

So, method #2 above is almost identical to how it used to work with just the added requirement of holding down shift.  So, even if the toolbar is on the Static Block tool, you can add an Axle by pressing SHIFT+A to start the axle and SHIFT+A to end the axle.

Basically, I see the toolbar as a better way for new users to see what can be done.  Experienced users will want to use SHIFT+Tool Key to do things quickly.

Still suck or ok now?

Played for 5 minutes, loved it.

BTW, also note that you can change tools with just the keyboard -- so, pressing TAB and then A (don't have to wait for toolbar to show) will change to the Axle tool, pressing TAB and then B will change to the Normal Block tool, etc.

- Locked mouse within window after initial click
Thank you. c: