Author Topic: Blockyard - What the hell?  (Read 17071 times)

No, it's closer to a Gmod type of game.
Blockland really has no connections besides the building part overall.

People compare Blockland to Minecraft but they're barely identical.

Saw this before on a facebook add.
In the Fort video the dude sure has no enthusiasm about him.
This has loads of potential though, being in the mid early stages; later on it'll be quite worth more then my current 20minutes.

It sounds like a decent physics toy. But still, the build system seems like it could use a lot of improvement.

What is the first thing you'd improve?

What is the first thing you'd improve?
I'd make it easier to build.

Appreciate the feedback but I'm probably blinded by using it the way it is now for a long time and finding it easy to build.

What part of building is difficult?  Too many keys to remember?  Don't like building with 1x1xN dimension blocks/axles?  What is it about the current build system that is a turn off?

Appreciate the feedback but I'm probably blinded by using it the way it is now for a long time and finding it easy to build.

What part of building is difficult?  Too many keys to remember?  Don't like building with 1x1xN dimension blocks/axles?  What is it about the current build system that is a turn off?
I think that you should have like a menu of blocks (different lengths, etc) and materials to place, and just click the left button on your mouse to place the blocks.

This looks sorta cool, but, it there a way to slow my look speed?

You can change the mouse sensitivity by pressing enter and typing "/ms 5.0" (experiment with the right value).

I think that you should have like a menu of blocks (different lengths, etc) and materials to place, and just click the left button on your mouse to place the blocks.

I've created a poll question on the Blockyard Facebook page to get more feedback on this as well...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Blockyard/200086673354997

A resize tool would help as well.

I wouldn't like to remember tons of commands (or type them all out), so why not add a menu to control what buttons each motor is?

A resize tool would help as well.

You can grow/shrink the ends of axles and blocks by hovering the ends and pressing G to grow or H to shrink (I think there are still some outstanding bugs to fix related to this).  This also works with things like balls where you can grow/shrink a ball in the world by pressing G/H.

Currently, the build system only allows 1x1xN unit objects.  A bigger change would be to allow growing/shrinking objects also along the other directions (other than just the end points).