Author Topic: Blockland Cuboid Bricks - Can they be made in game?  (Read 1698 times)

I have been wondering a while now if it would be possible in a future update to make it so cuboid bricks could have their dimensions defined in-game.  I often find myself frustrated because I need a 1x5 brick that I forgot to enable, or realize that some design would look better if I had something that was 1 and 2/3 bricks high, or any infinite possibilities.  I imagine that it could be done similarly to how bricks are generated in this video.

Sure, special bricks such as ramps and windows can still be made into addons, especially since they also need a .dts file to work properly, but I think that the possibility for builds would expand greatly with this update.  Never again would anyone need to download addons for cuboid bricks!

I have no idea what impact this would have on datablocks, but I imagine that something will need to change drastically, so each cuboid brick doesn't take up its own datablock, and people don't crash from loading datablocks while in game.

Discuss

Alright that video is almost nothing like Blockland but just a few sounds and images taken from blockland.

Alright that video is almost nothing like Blockland but just a few sounds and images taken from blockland.
I actually think it was pretty cool. I mean sure, blockland surpasses it in most everything, but still, its a psp.

I actually think it was pretty cool. I mean sure, blockland surpasses it in most everything, but still, its a psp.
I found it amusing that you were just a cube head.

Guys, you are missing it.  What I was focusing on in the video is the fact that you are able to generate bricks in a menu instead of having to load every individual brick, therefore you have an extremely large variety of cuboid bricks.  The video isn't that important except for a visualization of this being applied to a blockland-like environment.

Maybe remember to enable the bricks you need?

it's possible, but not worth it.

You would need a .blb of every shape possible and it would be single player only.

You would need a .blb of every shape possible and it would be single player only.

That is why this would be something badspot would need to update, since it requires a rewrite on how cuboid bricks work, so that wouldn't be needed.

I'm getting the feeling no one actually read the whole post, because I mentions these things.

That is why this would be something badspot would need to update, since it requires a rewrite on how cuboid bricks work, so that wouldn't be needed.

I'm getting the feeling no one actually read the whole post, because I mentions these things.
Yeah I don't know why a word and 3 numbers needs it's own file either.

Alright yeah it's possible. I nominate Chrono to make it.

Alright yeah it's possible. I nominate truce to make it.

I'm fully capable of making this, but if you really don't want me to that's okay.