Author Topic: My Reasons for Being Atheist  (Read 16858 times)

Many ask me why I'm Atheist. I'll tell you why, it's only common sense. But if that's an invalid reason here's an essay.

People have to be on crack to believe that bullstuff about life after death and some magical being that created the omniverse and somehow spawned everything WITHOUT using up energy or matter thusly breaking a law of physics (along with the other 2334896793468 it defies). I mean... seriously, think about it.

God is sitting there in complete NOTHINGNESS no empty space or ANYTHING.  So, he is now sitting in a place with zero room. There's no universe yet, he can't exist until AT THE VERY LEAST the universe is created so that space and time exists. Let's pretend he COULD have created the universe (which is also impossible because he is made of atoms, like every other bit of matter and atoms haven't formed yet). The massive amount of heat and energy and matter would instantly kill him. Besides, if mere PARTICLES don't exist yet, neither can the clouds making the heavens.

MUCH LATER

He finds a ball of rock and magically points his finger and somehow BLAM instantly a river and mountains and grass forms instantaneously (okay, maybe it took 7 days,but you get my point). Explain to me how this is physically possible. ALSO, how can angels, when they are created from DEAD (if you're dead you are not alive, you have no working brain and are dead you cannot live plain and simple, again angels are impossible) and somehow grow wings, how the hell would they fly up and in no time at all they switch dimensions into this magical realm of pure clouds. Which makes your brain (which is actually DEAD right now) automatically get happy.

TL;DR:
RELIGION MAKES NO SENSE. YOU HAVE TO BE ON DRUGS TO BELIVE IT AND EVERY LAW OF SCIENCE AND LOGIC DEFIES IT.

Inb4peoplewhosayinb4flamewara ndtheninb4flamewarreallyhappe ns.

Oh, I'm known as an Atheist in my school now.  My school is full of biblecigarettes btw.

Nobody cares about your beliefs. Shoving atheism down peoples' throats is in no way different than what door-knocking Christians do.

Even though I'm atheist, there better be an afterlife, because I want to live more than 1 stuffty life.

Sometimes I wish a better god secretly really did existed and we would just ascend into different realities.

well thanks for sharing op, i always wondered why you were an atheist and now i know

Nobody cares about your beliefs. Shoving atheism down peoples' throats is in no way different than what door-knocking Christians do.
Nice reading the very first sentence of post, smart one.

Do I smell something buring?

Atheists need to stop being so hypocritical. The more idiotic atheists like to run around telling everyone they're wrong, when a true atheist knows its place quietly believe what they want to believe, and let others believe in what they want to believe it. We should quietly think to ourselves that we know we're right, not yell it to the world, because that makes us no better than the biblecigarettes that try to slap everyone around.

Oh, and this picture is lol:

Even though I'm atheist, there better be an afterlife, because I want to live more than 1 stuffty life.
You want to live 2 stuffty lives?

this
this this this this this
Atheism is still a belief system, it's just a nonreligious one. If you're being a richard and flaunting it, you're just as bad as those you despise.

People have to be on crack to believe that bullstuff about life after death and some magical being that created the omniverse and somehow spawned everything WITHOUT using up energy or matter thusly breaking a law of physics (along with the other 2334896793468 it defies). I mean... seriously, think about it.

God is sitting there in complete NOTHINGNESS no empty space or ANYTHING.  So, he is now sitting in a place with zero room. There's no universe yet, he can't exist until AT THE VERY LEAST the universe is created so that space and time exists. Let's pretend he COULD have created the universe (which is also impossible because he is made of atoms, like every other bit of matter and atoms haven't formed yet). The massive amount of heat and energy and matter would instantly kill him. Besides, if mere PARTICLES don't exist yet, neither can the clouds making the heavens.

You take things too literally. The idea of their religion is more a faith and belief that God is someone who doens't tangibly exist, which is just the way Christians interpret him so they can explain his existence without being beaten down with extreme literalism like yours. The clouds, and the beard, are just depictions of the ideal. It is supposed to represent a paradise. Just playing devil's advocate here.

You want to live 2 stuffty lives?
That's really an interesting question. You would rather be dead?

Having neither had a stuffty life nor been dead I can't really tell you which is better.

That's really an interesting question. You would rather be dead?

Having neither had a stuffty life nor been dead I can't really tell you which is better.

At least one can learn from a stuffty life. I'd imagine the second life wouldn't be so bad, if perhaps we kept some of our intelligence.