My Little Pony: Friendship for Blockheads: General V2

Author Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship for Blockheads: General V2  (Read 7669246 times)

I've also wondered why Hasbro removed basically all of the Youtube uploads of the episodes?
Because they want mo ¥£$, and keeping full HD episodes on the internets isn't getting them any
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 12:56:44 AM by Masterlegodude »

I've also wondered why Hasbro removed basically all of the Youtube uploads of the episodes?
Because, they just want money and forcing Bronies to find MLP DVDs.

I wonder if someone made a mlp related game in secret and was actually playable and then slowly began to spread through the internet, would Hasbro be able to stop it?

I wonder if someone made a mlp related game in secret and was actually playable and then slowly began to spread through the internet, would Hasbro be able to stop it?
Unless the game was free, yes

I don't remember, what happened to Fighting Is Magic? Wasn't that free? How did it get taken away by Hasbro?

I don't remember, what happened to Fighting Is Magic? Wasn't that free? How did it get taken away by Hasbro?

I think they asked for donations.

Also
I realize that Hasbro kind of has to C&D or else they lose trademarks/they get diluted. It's the law.

Hasbro guts madsies c&d but they got chareatsers from fauren laust and apparently are still making the game just with non pones

There is an event where a bunch of people do tournaments with various fighting-style games, most popular game is Smash Bros. (I forget what it is called). Fighting is Magic was either asked to join in or fans tried to get FiM into said event, it was accepted (I think), got a lot of coverage, and Hasbro found it.

Proceed with standard cease-and-deist because product looks too similar to our stuff, and/or is a game that is completely opposite of the show's kid-like nature and might be considered bad publicity if confused with our product. Whatever have you.

Due to said C&D, they removed all Hasbro-owned content. Lauren Faust volunteered to help create non-pony characters, and the game is still being created. A leaked pony version, bugs fixed and essentially a complete build (released by fans I believe), was posted on the internet some time ago. I don't know if Mane6 was involved with that or not.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 09:21:18 AM by Blastdown »

completely opposite of the show's kid-like nature
There's a tinge of irony there given that there is an absurd quantity of research in the fandom.

http://www.mane6.com/2014/02/friendly-reminder/

yes, they have to claim that. if they said otherwise they'd be in real legal trouble
but all the same, it is plausible they had nothing to do with it

There's a tinge of irony there given that there is an absurd quantity of research in the fandom.

they really just cant do a thing about that haha

they really just cant do a thing about that haha
and thats what makes all of this extremely infuriating

they have absolutely no excuse to keep c&d'ing everyone when the kilometric amount of research is out there and keeps being made each day

on another note, does anyone here actually play the tribute edition of fighting is magic?

and thats what makes all of this extremely infuriating

they have absolutely no excuse to keep c&d'ing everyone when the kilometric amount of research is out there and keeps being made each day

I realize that Hasbro kind of has to C&D or else they lose trademarks/they get diluted. It's the law.

OH MY GOD PEOPLE. ITS TRADEMARK LAW.

OH MY GOD PEOPLE. ITS TRADEMARK LAW.
and that is exactly what i mean

by that logic anyone who draws research can end up fighting for the trademark one day

i mean that they can't do anything about the research because they are images on the internet. you really can't remove these images from the internet, they spread faster than rihanna's superbowl image. in that respect, they quite literally can't do anything about it

even if they wanted to get legal about it, the artists could still come back under anonymous names and continue to draw. they take down one artist, another one will pop up. i've personally never heard of an artist getting sued or forced to stop drawing owned-content based fan works. some don't even live in areas where these laws apply, websites too. i don't think it works.

it's much different when compared to content hosted on YouTube, or hosted by individuals in the states. they are in the jurisdiction, and can be contacted and forced to drop their content.

by that logic anyone who draws research can end up fighting for the trademark one day

they could, but none of them are rich enough to afford the legal battle, haha
or have an actual stance that could gain them an advantage in court
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 07:50:57 AM by Blastdown »