Will you come to my birthday party?

nope
79 (83.2%)
maybe
16 (16.8%)
sure
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Author Topic: Escape Overlay Released [NARG]  (Read 467409 times)

Suggestion:Take screenshots of some portions of the open.
Not the whole thing, mind you.

Suggestion:Take screenshots of some portions of the open.
Not the whole thing, mind you.

What?  What is "the open" and how do I take partial screenshots of it?

damn you auto correct
The op

Shrink those licks using tinyurl.

damn you auto correct
The op

Yea thats a good idea, although I don't want to be exclusive to those who have tiny monitors or people like me who browse the forum on a PSP

I'm thinking I can combine some pictures and change the layout to make it more compact.
Also scrolling to find the download button for buildbot is apparently a problem since someone posted a video on youtube "how to get buildbot"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyd5ZU6ng6c

that is why you reserve second post in possibly lengthy topics

though I don't blame you, none of us could have anticipated this thread's growth

also consider doing Client_Findall someday which spawns bots at everyone's locations

maybe it could be the oxyclean guy (if you try spawning a player instead of a bot according to what I heard)

Also scrolling to find the download button for buildbot is apparently a problem since someone posted a video on youtube "how to get buildbot"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyd5ZU6ng6c
oh jesus christ seriously

EDIT: Apparantly he even demos it; as if the video in the topic itself isnt enough
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 10:44:49 PM by Conan »

or bit.ly , which allows you to track clicks and stuff by appending a + to the end.
Or goo.gl, which has private usage statistics

Or pecon.us, which can provide you with extremely short urls for your images if you wish.

Or pecon.us, which can provide you with extremely short urls for your images if you wish.

hmm... someone tell me how long it takes for this image to load if I host if from my server at home

Doesn't really shorten the address length, but I don't have to worry about annoying ACTA/SOPA/PIPA taking down the service provider
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 09:41:22 PM by Nexus »

Decent.

You could also cut a lot of crap/outdated/not working stuff from the op and put it in a later post on first page

Depositing Add-On:

Server_NoFetchAll

use /togfetchall to toggle

you can also say
0, 1, on, off
to specify

Terragen-S

In light (hue) of the new developments to the next major update or blockland (Information here), I will revitalize the Terragen project, but this time it is going to be at least a hundred times more advanced and soley server-sided.

On the server sided Terragen-S I can do some neat things that I could not with the regular Terragen.  I already plan on making the following possible:

Terrain will exist minimally as players approach and leave the vicinity.  This will allow brickcount to remain at managable levels even with a very extensive terrain.

I may even be able to create a system that will approximate distant terrain using huge cubes, and will become more detailed as a player draws near.

Instead of infinitely generating, but minimally existing terrain, you can choose to have limited terrain, which will likely exist within a sort of bubble.  This would be better for DM's and such.

Terrain will have a much larger smoothing radius and will generate some flat areas for easy building.

Seeds for reliable terrain sharing?

A real road network will be possible, instead of the ugly cut-a-line-through-everything road and river of terragen.

Random events can occur, post any feasable ideas you might have!

I do not really plan on implementing terrain that changes in a random biome pattern, unless people decide they absolutely need it.  All biomes will need to be selected at the start and will be the single biome throughout unless you build something.

A cave system if this can really get going.

HOWEVER: I will end up suspending all development (slow as it is lol) on ALL other NARG projects indefinetely.

Please post any input and thoughts you have, I would really like to see if this is something people are interested in before I waste my time.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 12:33:28 AM by Nexus »

Unless I'm misunderstanding, will it clear bricks that are a certain distance away from players?
Will it regenerate said bricks exactly as they were, or will they be randomized again next time you get within range?

Unless I'm misunderstanding, will it clear bricks that are a certain distance away from players?
Will it regenerate said bricks exactly as they were, or will they be randomized again next time you get within range?

It will have the bricks permanently recorded, but will ownly spawn them into the game when they might actually be useful.