Poll

Is a Badspot text interview a good idea?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Badspot interview! (Send in your questions)  (Read 10404 times)

Considering the only thing we really see of Badspot is his forum posts and his content on Badspot.us I think its only fare that us as a community should get some frequent questions answered by him. Excluding Badspots yes or no to the interview what kind of questions would everyone like to see?

When posting be sure to stay on topic so i can get the most benefit out of this post.

Yes, I know some of these questions arn't top of the line but then again not many of you have decided to contribute. so dont hate when you dont help out.

Things like:
-What made you start working on a game like Blockland?

So if you like this idea post a question for Badspot!
If you don't like this Idea then go about your business.

Hopefully we can get a decent interview out of Badspot!

--Questions about updates or future updates will be exempt--

Post Updates
--------------------------------------------
1) So i listened to the podcast and i was thrilled to hear badspot answer only some of my questions!
I think this interview should be more questioned based instead of some lego fan guy asking about small things.

I'm going to start putting some peoples questions up here at the top so it will be easier access so people will know
what was already asked.
2) Try not to post about the podcast.... I know it exists no need to post it 5 times :cookieMonster:

3) We need more questions! At least 20 questions total!

4) Remember: These questions do not need to be Blockland specific.

5) If you want to talk about Blockland on Steam go to the suggestion forum! its clogging this discussion.

6) We dont need any more Photos of Badspot! (this isnt a photo shoot!)

The Questions (18 total)
--------------------------------------------
Suburb: "what his view on the forums is"

Oasis: "I'd like to know what he thinks about the sandbox genre, whether it is more of a imagination funded genre, or it is a tool to work your imagination."

SlayerZ99: "what he thinks about blockland/community now"

SWAT one: "what his view on new Add-Ons were that were rolling in...  Did he prefer anything before V9 or after it."

Dr.Tyler O.: Do you prefer default add-ons or do you like to use others add-ons also?

FrozenEye: "If Badspot has any plans on expanding the playerbase, and how he would go about this.
He would also like to know where he sees this game in 5 years."

Artificial Blocko: "When the game became retail, what did you think would happen? Did you think it would get a lot of sales? Or did you think it would be like another indie game with a small fanbase?"

Gen. Hothauser: "How have you avoided law suits with the Lego company when you advertise yourself as 'It's like playing with legos on the internet.'? Where you use kids' Lego obsessions to further your economic gain and online status."

Muzzles56
: "Are there any more huge features like events coming in later versions?"

PJ boy: "What would the game and the community be like when it reaches its peak?"

Mega-Bear: "I'm curious as to how he became a developer and decided TGE was best for him."

Bisjac: I wanna know more about his other secret game project hes been working on, that he isnt telling us (at least the bl community) about.

GeneralSkar:"What are his views on Roblox?"

Wesley Williams: "Did you feel that Blockland was a revolutionary idea when you first made it?"

Mattnett1: "Do you have another job other then Blockland?'

mrlol: "Will he continue updating Blockland?"

Joekirk: "Do you have any long term goals for blockland?  And if you do, what are they?"

nasoa: "I would also like to know what he thinks of RTB and why he thinks it rose above the other mods in the early days."

Mr.Jacksaunt: "What do you think of users taking your event system and abusing it?"
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 11:46:24 PM by Good_patch »

I'd like to interview him If a chance struck up.

There was already a radio talkshow style interview of him posted on these forums. I can't find the link but I know it's out there.

There was already a radio talkshow style interview of him posted on these forums. I can't find the link but I know it's out there.

I think I know what you are talking about.

Is it this one?

I think I know what you are talking about.

Is it this one?
Yeah, that's the one,

If I could ask him one question it would have to be what his view on the forums is.  And it has to be detailed what he thinks of the users and the posts that he looks over.

Some type of developers blog would be nice...

Badspot's an intelligent guy. I thoroughly enjoyed his posts, but nowadays he posts to maintain the forum. So yes, I'd like to know what he thinks about the sandbox genre, whether it is more of a imagination funded genre, or it is a tool to work your imagination.

That made sense in my head, might not make sense in the way I executed it. :c

Badspot's an intelligent guy. I thoroughly enjoyed his posts, but nowadays he posts to maintain the forum. So yes, I'd like to know what he thinks about the sandbox genre, whether it is more of a imagination funded genre, or it is a tool to work your imagination.

That made sense in my head, might not make sense in the way I executed it. :c

Made sense to me.

I wanna know what he thinks about blockland/community now

I wanna know what he thinks about blockland/community now

maybe he'd mention some of us

I want to know how he got started on such a project.

I want to know what his view on new Add-Ons were that were rolling in...  Did he prefer anything before V9 or after it.

Baddy has a lovey voice.