Poll

32bit Windows 7 or 64bit Windows 7?

16 (11.9%)
119 (88.1%)

Total Members Voted: 135

Author Topic: Which is better, 32-bit Windows or 64-bit?  (Read 3115 times)

Yeah well....
I don't know what any of this stuff means ._.

Between dosbox, xp mode, and virtualbox/vmware, there isn't any point in getting a 32bit operating system for compatibility anymore. How many 16-bit executables do you run on a daily basis anyway? Since the late 90s I've probably only run one, a copy of Sim Tower which I played a couple times in 2005.

I've installed plenty of 32-bit programs on my computer without a problem. In fact, the majority of my programs are 32-bit. This is probably the case for most people - if you go in your program files (x86) folder you'll probably see that it's a lot bigger than your program files folder. The only issue I've ever had with compatibility is installing a wifi driver on my mom's computer for a really old usb antenna. We just went out and bought a new antenna for like $20 and it's been working fine ever since.

32 bit processor: 32 bit O/S
64 bit processor: 32 bit & 64 bit O/S

If you have 64 bit processor you can choose between both, if you have 32 bit you're stuck with 32 bit, however most manufacturers already make 32-64 processors, I don't think you'll find a newly-made processor who supports only 32 buts, so yeah, I suppose 64 bit would be way better.

16 people need to know a little bit more about computers.

32 bit should only be used if you have some ancient processor.  64 bit should be used when you have a 64-bit/dual architecture CPU.  It lets you take advantage of the 32 extra bits.

so.... there are 16 people who think 32bit is better?

are they high or something?