Author Topic: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive  (Read 24548 times)

Valve has just announced Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.  It's scheduled to release in Q1 2012 on PSN, XBLA, and Steam.  The game is scheduled to go into beta in October, and visitors to Valve's booth at PAX will get codes for the beta.

Features

• 7 classic maps (Dust, Dust 2, Aztec, Nuke, Inferno, Italy, Office) and some new maps
  • Matchmaking with casual (No money, alltalk, spectate anyone, some things balanced differently)
  • Dedicated servers
  • Keyboard and Mouse support, Move support on PS3(!)
  • Leaderboards
  • New weapons and equipment
  • No hats!

Screenshots + Videos
(Click to show full size)

Videos!
CS:GO Intro Trailer
IGN's First Look
Underpass Firefight
Planting the Bomb
Fire in the Hole!
New Weapons

• Decoy Grenade
  • Molotov
  • IMI Negev
  • Taser
  • Tec-9
  • Mag-7
  • Sawed-Off
  • PP-Bizon

« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 08:20:49 AM by Marcem »

Holy stuff. About time for a new CS.

>kotaku
somehow i doubt this is actually gonna happen.

Not excited in the slightest. :c

>kotaku
somehow i doubt this is actually gonna happen.
Uhh, what?  The guys at ESEA just posted about it, a Valve employee even confirmed the name on the steam forum.  It's real.

Uhh, what?  The guys at ESEA just posted about it, a Valve employee even confirmed the name on the steam forum.  It's real.
see, THAT'S what you link to instead of kotaku

see, THAT'S what you link to instead of kotaku
So why are you so biased against kotaku?  I've never seen them wrong in the past, they're a pretty good source if you ask me.

So why are you so biased against kotaku?  I've never seen them wrong in the past, they're a pretty good source if you ask me.
1. they're terrible
2. if someone that actually works with the company has confirmed it, link to that above ANYTHING else

I hope it's an existing update thing.

I hope it's an existing update thing.

This. Counter Strike: Source is perfect the way it is. A new CS game would sort of make CSS (and all its content) redundant.

That's it, Ep3 isn't going to be made, ever.

There's no way this is going to be good.

CS:S might be the world's only flawless game, its had the same formula since 1998 and of the hundreds of thousands (millions?) who play it, no one seems to be complaining

Gawker. Like Aftonbladet but for games.

I hope it has campaign like condition zero.