Author Topic: CRP  (Read 20225 times)

Sorry to say, but the preview kind of disappointed me, I expected drug growing and stuff, not just buying it out of a computer (?).

The hazey stuff is really cool though.

Sorry to say, but the preview kind of disappointed me, I expected drug growing and stuff, not just buying it out of a computer (?).

The hazey stuff is really cool though.
It's just a beta. Of course I'll add drug growing later.

Since Badspot made the new launcher that makes packets more efficient I have been crashing a lot more lately.
I figured out that when the player's connection was slower they would crash less because they would download the new sky and delete the old sky all at once, making the transition more seamless.
Now that the packets are faster they will delete and create the new objects separately, causing them to crash due to not having a sky for the fraction of a second that they have to download the new sky.
Since the new launcher was released you will now see the sun go away for a second, and everything go pitch black for the same amount of time.
I fixed this by putting a 100 ms delay on deleting the old sky.

I also added support to allow different skies for every minute, instead of every hour (in game hours). Now there can be as much as 60 sky changes per hour. Making the transitions between day and night much more seamless.

Pie Crust has got to be the best beta tester.
He's managed to find every exploit/bug and exploit it.

I'm shutting down the server for a month. By the time it's back again it will not be in beta anymore, data will be reset, and all the jobs and commands will be finished.

I'm shutting down the server for a month. By the time it's back again it will not be in beta anymore, data will be reset, and all the jobs and commands will be finished.

:panda:

Pie Crust has got to be the best beta tester.
He's managed to find every exploit/bug and exploit it.

:cookieMonster:

Pointless bump was pointless.

Jasa, y u no stick with the "UNICE?" feic?

Jasa, y u no stick with the "UNICE?" feic?
Because apparently people don't like a guy with a trollface on his avatar.
This is getting awkward.
?

If it wasn't for YorkTown95 I wouldn't have made any progress on this mod at all this month. When I didn't have a server up I didn't have any motivation. With York's city and my mod we made one pretty good server. You can track the progress of the mod in his server thread.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 12:40:31 PM by Wordy »