The Computer Megathread

Author Topic: The Computer Megathread  (Read 404938 times)

I looked at the 7870, was more expensive even though it was better
It's the fault of that thing they call "the economy"

It's the fault of that thing they call "the economy"
absolutely

I looked at the 7870, was more expensive even though it was better. I can't find any jobs and it's winter here so I can't cut grass
This post suggests that you bought it with your own money, but...
my dad didn't want me to open the box before christmas, so I opened and took it out while he was at work and I put it back in and taped it up like nothing happened
sounds like your dad bought it as a christmas gift.

Unless you dad is one of those people that are like "no you can't spend your own money" and that you bought this as a present for yourself and aren't allowed to use it yet?

This post suggests that you bought it with your own money, but...sounds like your dad bought it as a christmas gift.

Unless you dad is one of those people that are like "no you can't spend your own money" and that you bought this as a present for yourself and aren't allowed to use it yet?
I was gonna buy my own but I didn't know my dad had bought this yet, he did this with my rc car last year, got it, knew it, couldn't play around with it til christmas eve. he'll let me know I have it, though.
I guess it's more fun on christmas because you get multiple things at once?

Honestly, the 7870 would be a better option at this point. It has 2 GB of vram, and PCI 3.1 (if I recall correctly). The 7850 is still a solid choice, it's in my rig, but better is better
I could crossfire it if I got a second one but I don't know how much difference it'd make, and I'd have to get me a new PSU too
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 02:57:25 PM by Isjix »

Honestly, the 7870 would be a better option at this point. It has 2 GB of vram, and PCI 3.1 (if I recall correctly). The 7850 is still a solid choice, it's in my rig, but better is better
You mean this one?  :cookieMonster:

IT'S ALIIIVE

IT'S GOT VISTA ON IT BUT IT'S ALIIIVE

IT'S ALIIIVE

IT'S GOT VISTA ON IT BUT IT'S ALIIIVE
Vista is so bad...

Godspead.

Vista is so bad...

Godspead.
No, it's a good loving operating system and you're probably just saying that just to be cool.

No, it's a good loving operating system and you're probably just saying that just to be cool.
It was a mess.  It works, but it's like they wanted to make Windows 7, but were stuck with some leftover XP assets.

Not sure if I should use a GTX690 or some other Radeon card with higher performance.

It was a mess.  It works, but it's like they wanted to make Windows 7, but were stuck with some leftover XP assets.
Windows Vista was a slow OS (or it could just be my family cramming a bunch of stealth malware bullstuff on accident).

It's not slow at all, I think it's actually faster and more stable than my XP setup, or my 7 setup.
The default defragmentation tool sucks tits, and you need SP1 to actually run anything, but it's fine as long as it works :)

It's not as stable or optimized or XP or Windows 7.

It was the baby step from XP to 7, in which produced an unoptimized, slow OS

It's not slow at all, I think it's actually faster than my XP setup.
It might run on newer hardware better than XP, but I guarantee that Vista is no where near the level of XP or Windows 7