Author Topic: Custom Animations Project  (Read 19126 times)

Sorry about not talking to you, Heed.  This thing is just stressful as forget, and I doubt I'm going to be working on it anytime soon.

If this happens, I will love you forever.

If this happens, I will love you forever.

It's happening right now. I'm working on recoil animations for a few guns I'm working on, and I might just make a tutorial for this.

It's happening right now. I'm working on recoil animations for a few guns I'm working on, and I might just make a tutorial for this.

a tutorial wouldn't be needed but a link to the fixed player model would. tell me when those animations work.

a tutorial wouldn't be needed but a link to the fixed player model would. tell me when those animations work.
A tutorial is actually needed, because it's not the model's fault, it's the exporter. The rotation axises get scrambled (as well as translations.) I have half-found out which ones do which.

For example, the right arm's positive Y rotation in blender translates to negative X rotation. It's just scrambled, not completely messed up. Took me a long time to figure it out though.

lol that's sort of how it was for the first few days as I spent like 30 hours figuring this stuff out. But I've got it now.

how did you fix them though? rolling the bones?

I've done trial and error for right arm rotation. Rotation goes as follows...

Left side: what rotation looks like in blender.
Right side: what rotation will be in the game.
Code: [Select]
x+   =    y+
-x    =   -y

y+   =   -x
-y    =    x+

(Z axis breaks hand roation and/or loacation if modified.)

z     =    z
-z    =   -z

So, if you wanted to extend the arm to the rotation when a weapon is drawn, rotate negatively on the Y axis. 

It's pretty loving confusing and will take a lot of patience. Rather than loading the animation into the game every time, just use shaper for your trial and error.

Edit: okay so I just realized what I said will make no sense so I tried to explain it better. :P
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 10:25:45 PM by EpicFrySauce »

Oh and I know that this way is stupid and confusing, but hear me out, I have tried for hours and hours pulling my hair out and never found a way to fix the model, so yea this is the best way I've found out so far.

So you have the model strewn about? Lol. We're trying to fix it not make it a clusterforget.

If it's fixed in the game and that's all that matters. I've spent way too long trying to figure it out, but I still hope you do, because my way is a pretty ridiculous work around.

It'd be nice to see some gameplay recorded.

It'd be nice to see some gameplay recorded.
I'm guessing you haven't read the thread at all have you.

I'm guessing you haven't read the thread at all have you.

I'm too lazy to download the playertype. Plus, I want to see the animations EpicFrySauce is doing.