Boss Battles - Six years...

Poll

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Boss Battles - Six years...  (Read 1621428 times)

[img width=200https://scontent-a-pao.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/1920080_861798983845208_614391417323103911_n.jpg?oh=c4c5fb53b98c6b473682d16a62a0d03b&oe=54C4E1F2/img]

Does that look close enough to the original pumpkin?
There's going to be a fire effect mounted in this thing too, for extra flair.
This boss will suck at hiding though. Not that I think bosses should hide anyways (*glances at samus-boss*)

nvm its crap and will probably not be included depending on how much its crap
which it is so forget it
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 04:55:07 PM by Ladios »

Heres an idea I'd like to pitch to you staff on the Boss Battle Server.
There is one thing where most of us can usually always agree on, which is miniboss spam stinks.
 It is very frusturating on a low playercount to tredge through minibosses and when there are so many minibosses on higher playercounts,  it can become overwelming real fast.

Heres several things that go together in order to counter act that.

#1 - A miniboss cap would be nice. 7 players = 1 miniboss. Not to high not too low. This allows for a more proportional amount of minibosses and players against the boss.

#2 - Lock the minibosses untill the boss chooses to prevent miniboss slots to be taken and wasted.
e.g using Vagineer against Kaje before. There are likely better scenarios but I can not think of one currently.

#3 - Miniboss cooldown per person. Say a person uses Brutal Christian Sniper, then hogs the miniboss slot every round and chooses the same miniboss every round. A system in which a miniboss is on a cooldown for one round. A player uses the BCS and he can't use it for another round. Or they can't use another miniboss all together for a round, this will cut down on the same miniboss getting chosen and wasting slots aswell.

I guess we have a couple million presidents then :cookieMonster:
I wonder what will happen with the laws then

this application is not for any of you its for pecon.

SO BUTT OUT!

Let me put it this way: The applications people put here are for all the admins to review. You're going to the same server the rest of us are, so if the admins don't want to have you here, things aren't going to be....pleasant. People have applied, wording the application to try to appeal to Pecon and it's failed before. I'll suggest reading through the other applications in the past to learn from them.

I've been working on a map and I'd like feedback from the Admins/Players.

Basically the map is a bunch of floating islands. But I am unclear what to do for 2 things:

1. Falling. What should happen when players drop from the islands? Same for the boss?
My Input: Have an invisible floor slightly below the islands (10 blocks? More?), when a player hits this floor, they should be damaged a bit, then launched back up so they can attempt to get back on the platforms. Same for the boss? Or should we kill players and damage the boss (extremely hard; would make Ephi extremely easy.) I'm not so much for the latter.

2. Connecting between islands. Should there be bridges, launch pads (like from the bedroom map), or something else? Input please.

Quite possibly one of the most well-known and old servers.

It demands respect.
not to be stuffting on it but it had the same map for 2 years, had almost 12-16 people on it at a time after v21 came out, gets repetitive after a while, etc etc

not to be stuffting on it but it had the same map for 2 years, had almost 12-16 people on it at a time after v21 came out, gets repetitive after a while, etc etc
>weekly map rotation
>often gets to 18 players

The only thing I'll agree with is the repetitive feeling

>weekly map rotation
>often gets to 18 players

The only thing I'll agree with is the repetitive feeling
well every time i played it it had the same space like map

We were based in the hangar map for about a year. Same with the castle map.

I've been working on a map and I'd like feedback from the Admins/Players.

Basically the map is a bunch of floating islands. But I am unclear what to do for 2 things:

1. Falling. What should happen when players drop from the islands? Same for the boss?
My Input: Have an invisible floor slightly below the islands (10 blocks? More?), when a player hits this floor, they should be damaged a bit, then launched back up so they can attempt to get back on the platforms. Same for the boss? Or should we kill players and damage the boss (extremely hard; would make Ephi extremely easy.) I'm not so much for the latter.

2. Connecting between islands. Should there be bridges, launch pads (like from the bedroom map), or something else? Input please.

Falling damage will get complaints no matter which way you cut it. Not that it's too important to listen to them since it's senseless anyways. But with the bounce-back after falling would be a problem for classes like overweights/rocketmen due to their slow speed. Or maybe you fall under and island and get smashed right back into it, dying. I had an idea of some sort of checkpoint system, where after falling it would damage the player, then revert the said player's location about 2-5 seconds back depending on how far this fall is. Just an idea and I'm probably not thinking this out all the way. And I'd favor a bridge over launch pads, firebugs/rocketmen tend to get very annoying with them.

Heres an idea I'd like to pitch to you staff on the Boss Battle Server.
There is one thing where most of us can usually always agree on, which is miniboss spam stinks.
 It is very frusturating on a low playercount to tredge through minibosses and when there are so many minibosses on higher playercounts,  it can become overwelming real fast.

Heres several things that go together in order to counter act that.

#1 - A miniboss cap would be nice. 7 players = 1 miniboss. Not to high not too low. This allows for a more proportional amount of minibosses and players against the boss. I Disagree if you have enough points for one you should be allowed to use the points.

#2 - Lock the minibosses untill the boss chooses to prevent miniboss slots to be taken and wasted.
e.g using Vagineer against Kaje before. There are likely better scenarios but I can not think of one currently. I sadly have to disagree with this as it would lead to people fighting over minibosses

#3 - Miniboss cooldown per person. Say a person uses Brutal Christian Sniper, then hogs the miniboss slot every round and chooses the same miniboss every round. A system in which a miniboss is on a cooldown for one round. A player uses the BCS and he can't use it for another round. Or they can't use another miniboss all together for a round, this will cut down on the same miniboss getting chosen and wasting slots aswell. Disagree with this, same reason as #1, if you have the points you should be allowed to buy.

Overall, I completely disagree, reason: if you have the points to use a miniboss, you should be allowed to purchase a miniboss.

I personally think we should not balance things too much as things that get balanced too much tend to become dull.

I personally think we should not balance things too much as things that get balanced too much tend to become dull.
uh...no?
things are more fun if things are balanced because then you wont feel like "oh this person picked this boss/miniboss, well im forgeted now no matter what". when you feel like that its not fun at all.
and then when you have 3 different mini bosses it just gets annoying because they all never die.

uh...no?
things are more fun if things are balanced because then you wont feel like "oh this person picked this boss/miniboss, well im forgeted now no matter what". when you feel like that its not fun at all.
and then when you have 3 different mini bosses it just gets annoying because they all never die.
Some people feel that if it's not impossible for them not to win, then it's not fun anymore(not me).