Poll

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Boss Battles - Six years...  (Read 1625785 times)

Name: Cat123

BL_ID: 23462

Previous expierence: Crown's Server, Count's Server, WALDO's Server, Untamed's Server, Owl's Server, Boomerangdog's Server.

Recomends: Crown, WALDO, Boomerangdog, Untamed.

Why Should I accept you?: I host a very popular server of my own and I know how to deal with large crowds

Time Zone: My timezone is GMT -200
This will be discussed in 200 hours from now.

+ Sorry for my inactivity. I have been busy irl, I will be more active next week.

I'm being really ratty recently to some people (sorry if I have been, it's just really annoying me).
The people that run away from the boss.

I feel it's not proper fighting, and as the boss it isn't fun, nor is it for them I assume as it's just repeating the same action over and over again. I understand the purpose of the runner is to be a nuisance but when they are for example the last one left and not damaging the boss much, but doing the trick on the cap of 'hitting the button, running'. It's not helping the team, because if the boss is actually smart enough (which he probably is because they will have killed you) they will just kick the stuff out of you.

Basically: I'm getting annoyed with people running away so much and not really properly battling. It takes the 'battle' out of boss 'battle' and gets annoying.

I'm not saying it's something to kick or ban for but I just needed to get out my thoughts and vent. : |
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 12:24:02 PM by Freeze »

I'm being really ratty recently to some people (sorry if I have been, it's just really annoying me).
The people that run away from the boss.

I feel it's not proper fighting, and as the boss it isn't fun, nor is it for them I assume as it's just repeating the same action over and over again. I understand the purpose of the runner is to be a nuisance but when they are for example the last one left and not damaging the boss much, but doing the trick on the cap of 'hitting the button, running'. It's not helping the team, because if the boss is actually smart enough (which he probably is because they will have killed you) they will just kick the stuff out of you.

Basically: I'm getting annoyed with people running away so much and not really properly battling. It takes the 'battle' out of boss 'battle' and gets annoying.

I'm not saying it's something to kick or ban for but I just needed to get out my thoughts and vent. : |
Usually the hit and run on the eject button can be avoided if you pay close attention. I've been thinking we may need to redo the layout of the fort though. It's nice, but the interior only serves to slow people down or bottleneck them on their way to the roof. The turret buildings are the same way. There's also those two forts but nobody uses them for anything.

Usually the hit and run on the eject button can be avoided if you pay close attention. I've been thinking we may need to redo the layout of the fort though. It's nice, but the interior only serves to slow people down or bottleneck them on their way to the roof. The turret buildings are the same way. There's also those two forts but nobody uses them for anything.
Those bridges get in the way sometimes as well.

I can avoid it, but for othet people (the dead people on normal team as well as the boss) it gets annoying and boring.

You should really remove those towers; they really don't serve any purpose. Replace them with another elevated walkway.

Another thing that's not used is the platform jumps from the door platform to the bed. Those platforms end up too risky to use, or impossible to use for some slower and non-jumping classes. IMO it would be better for another elevated walkway there.

However, the forts do serve a purpose. Even though people don't use it often, its useful for the boss to hide in (example; samus) and if players actually use them they can be pretty strategic.

You should really remove those towers; they really don't serve any purpose. Replace them with another elevated walkway.

Another thing that's not used is the platform jumps from the door platform to the bed. Those platforms end up too risky to use, or impossible to use for some slower and non-jumping classes. IMO it would be better for another elevated walkway there.

However, the forts do serve a purpose. Even though people don't use it often, its useful for the boss to hide in (example; samus) and if players actually use them they can be pretty strategic.
The thing about the towers is that only the tops of them are ever used. Nobody goes inside them. I think they should be redesigned to account for this.

I agree about the platforms being Self Delete. I'll consider possible layouts for another way over, but leave them for now.

As for the forts, it is a bad idea for the boss to hide in them because if nobody is stupid enough to charge inside, time will run out with very limited possible gain. It is a bad idea for players to go inside too, because it isn't actually defensible against the boss. The boss in most cases goes wherever they want and virtually nothing can stop them for long. I'd also like to discourage hiding in general, because killing everyone should be the boss's main method of winning, and capturing the point being secondary.

I don't normally get annoyed by runners but if I'm Badspot, it can be very frustrating because of how slow he is. Using the shockwave to super jump really doesn't help at all.

I don't normally get annoyed by runners but if I'm Badspot, it can be very frustrating because of how slow he is. Using the shockwave to super jump really doesn't help at all.
you just have to time it right.

I've gotten an all-killed on a pretty full server with the shockwave.

besides, the runners get really close because they think they can get away- giving you a great opportunity to blast 'em away.

you just have to time it right.

I've gotten an all-killed on a pretty full server with the shockwave.

besides, the runners get really close because they think they can get away- giving you a great opportunity to blast 'em away.
As, Ephi, yeah, but with Badspot there's always that one guy who is just never close enough.

Get to the point to force them to close range.

I found a ramp brick on the roof under the ownership of Fastlex that gives you a power beam and teleports you to the spawn.

I found a ramp brick on the roof under the ownership of Fastlex that gives you a power beam and teleports you to the spawn.
Are all the bricks owned by Fastlex?