Poll

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Boss Battles - Six years...  (Read 1604047 times)

Then don't say anything

so apparently you can now have a snowball fight on the new map.

10/10

Any response?

I don't exactly like it either. It's too large, snipers and overweights can hit a boss from across the map, which, while the former is how the class is supposed to work, some bosses can't get over to the said snipers before they jump in a teledoor to escape/end up dead from major sniping damage. Too little cover, larger teledoors were nice, but the spawn points are all over the place, and there's plenty more that are either confusing, or the smaller ones to ensure someone can always escape. It was a pain for me to keep the party together to finish that map, so I haven't even considered trying to remake it.

Moving onto this 'Blizzard' map. Just to confirm I wasn't judging it too harshly at first, I decided to play enough rounds to get a boss turn before I wrote this. A little while ago, Redconer wanted me to look at the Blizzard map, I thought to bite, why not.

I pointed out plenty of areas that Demoman/Rocketman/Firebug can easily get to to camp on. Examples include every single tree in the arena, the top of the capture point, and a certain wall you can continuously jet back onto(I also believe you can do this on the treetops, I've yet to test). It isn't the fault of the class, it just doesn't have enough push.

Another example is the three 'outposts', I'll call them. Context is that I remarked some areas were a bit empty during my visit, how they needed something more and then the 'outposts' were created. It is also possible to camp in all three of the 'outposts', considering they use doors. It isn't a problem, until Kaje has to kill someone inside, or other players have to rat out the last one alive who's stalling. Penthesilea might be able to via smash damage.

I would also like to point out that the tank turret is both hard to reach to a degree, only having a single short path with no cover whatsoever and can shoot the tank detonation - which - is nowhere near the actual fight and is rather hard to get to if you're in the midst of combat as the boss. The map looked nice, but it doesn't play nicely. Everyone is stuck between the normal/boss spawn, the capture point, and the tank turret.

Almost every location I listed above, Rotondo(the zombie tank) cannot get to. But what of his shockwave attack? The ramps on the trees and other areas have a certain collision which essentially makes a player immune to damage, or they are incapable of being hit by said shockwave attack, it might also be added that it could very well be too high, so Rotondo isn't even within range to begin with. Personally, this map wasn't finished and put out too soon. I've been dealing with other stuff like being sick and I wasn't there long, so I wasn't able to fix the minor details. Another note I would like to add, is that it goes against the guidelines of making a map stated in the OP:
+ Layout! Make sure there is no significant areas that a boss couldn't simply jump up to normally.
  - Avoid making accessible areas that are isolated from the main body of the map.

+ Hide chests!
  - They should be cleverly hidden, not in plain sight.
I believe there are about 25 chests, plenty of which I came across just sitting there in mid round. I also had to change the skybox from snowing, because snowballs were being used as part of combat. While it's fun to play around with, hitting someone covered in snow with another snowball deals about 1k damage, which can quickly make the boss easy prey. Either the skybox changed, or I'd have to go with a fillcan to find every white block available to make it a few shades darker, which would be a pain and make the map look ugly. I'll sort this out tomorrow and fix what I can, but I am not pleased in the slightest.

Who made the Blizzzard map?

Who made the Blizzzard map?
  I see a lot of people talking about this. Every one the blizzard map was made by me, redconer, that blue creeper, and backara. you can also look at the map credits when you spawn in the normals spawn and that can also tell ya the answer...
and yes my BL name is Biotracks if you didn't know sense my forum name is different

Any ways...
a few things that need to be done is the code room doesn't have a code for the door to open i would ether need admin on the server put the events in as well putting the computer in there cuz there is nothing in there.
What i am saying is that any admin right now can build what ever they want to put in the code room.

this also might be much but i am sure i am most likely not going to get but..
Could i get the code for the code room if the code is set to it because its my map which is sorta a poor excuse

so apparently you can now have a snowball fight on the new map.

10/10
they just removed the snowballs :c

What happened? I haven't been on steam nor blockland for about 20 days. Why I got banned? (again of course. >.<)

I think people said I was online and said that you suck or something? I wasn't on steam for about 20 days.
I deserve an unban. The. Last. Final. Unban.

What happened? I haven't been on steam nor blockland for about 20 days. Why I got banned? (again of course. >.<)

I think people said I was online and said that you suck or something? I wasn't on steam for about 20 days.
You deserve nothing. We've dealt with you plenty enough, go away.

You told me to forget off, when I was the one who got you unbanned to begin with.
go away.

Also I took some things out of proportion about Blizzard. I thought the outposts were larger

I'm going to start making a map for the server that hasn't been made yet, completely original.

Could i get the code for the code room if the code is set to it because its my map which is sorta a poor excuse
Code is set by eval, and its a script triggered by events (or am I wrong)

I vote that we have something that tells us how much health we have remaining.

You guys really need to spend more time building, testing, and evaluating your map. Your maps aren't good at all if you don't do that. Don't make other people do the hard work for you.

I vote that we have something that tells us how much health we have remaining.
This is already possible. Just download this, we're already running the server side for it. http://lugnut.co.vu/add_ons/Script_HealthBar.zip