Boss Battles - Six years...

Poll

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Boss Battles - Six years...  (Read 1604446 times)

The server is pretty fun and I enjoy it quite a lot, but whenever I play boss or even a miniboss that has been nerfed into the ground decker, just me being in the minigame makes some people nervous to play boss. I want others to also enjoy playing. If I have to give myself a restriction, they'll be happy which is I want to maintain, but I wont be enjoying the server as much.

Sometimes people just leave out of frustration, which lowers the playercount.

Nerf me with a title or something, that makes me more susceptible to damage, or my projectiles do less damage. Although the title would be a restriction, at least its a custom title.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 07:16:17 PM by Jonathant1 »

Nerfing specific BLID's sounds like a terrible idea, just because they have skill you would implement a de-buff on a player?
The only thing that would do is deter people from the server because once you get good at the game the game makes you bad at it.

Nerfing specific BLID's sounds like a terrible idea, just because they have skill you would implement a de-buff on a player?
The only thing that would do is deter people from the server because once you get good at the game the game makes you bad at it.
I didn't mean to imply that every skillful player out there should have a debuff, but I agree its a bad idea. I just want to keep the playercount at a point where the game stays great.

Challenge yourself?

Pretty much this. Or limit yourself. Interest fades when someone takes it upon themselves, though. Otherwise, end up going support and attempt to help your team more than others would care to do.

stop going mini bosses and overweight and start going rifleman and healer

What I like to do is to increase the risks of death by performing extreme Detonator jumps

Okay, here is an idea in lieu of what Johnathant said. How about I add an 'ironmode' which you can toggle on which makes your attacks half as effective, but raises your point cap per round to 3000. So it makes it a lot harder to do damage, but you can potentially gain 3x more points per round than normal.

Sounds rewarding, and its worth it to me

Okay, here is an idea in lieu of what Johnathant said. How about I add an 'ironmode' which you can toggle on which makes your attacks half as effective, but raises your point cap per round to 3000. So it makes it a lot harder to do damage, but you can potentially gain 3x more points per round than normal.
wouldn't you easily be able to get 3k points with a medic?

Neat idea but doesn't sound right. So it makes it harder for a said player to do damage, raising the point cap for them which they don't need since they've already earned all the points they want. Probably all the titles they have as well. In addition, it means using a miniboss is less effective and I know there are some who'll abuse it to troll others. Literally the only thing that anyone could get is a pet, and for instance if you have a really good player, able to get 3k points per round(or 3.5k, since there's a 500 bonus if you get the killing blow), you can get a boss coin every 5 rounds. On a decent playercount I manage to get around 6-8k points worth of damage as overweight. It wouldn't take very long for anyone to get a pet at that rate, then they'll come right back to here after they achieve it.

Edit: Without further work, this would actually allow people to point farm via any means, probably by backstabbing with a 2k point profit per round. I've seen people attempt it all the time which is why I raised the point loss to 1.5k when a boss dies. Raising this to 3k doesn't seem reasonable. Instead of the normals having the "ironmode", the boss could have it instead. Rather than getting 500 per kill, it'd be 1000. Half damage would apply and damage would make a player lose probably 3k-5k. Unfortunately even if you cut most bosses' attacks in half, Badspot can still wand for 500 and push people to walls easily, same can be said for Ephi, Rotondo is suddenly more useless than before, Medusa doesn't stand a chance(with 40 melee and 60 ranged damage). Other bosses would end up ruined or get by alright, some completely avoided like Sky Captain for instance. 65 damage per bullet, cut in half? A rocket that can't oneshot an overweight normally, also cut in half? Basically if ironmode was a thing for the boss, it would be a non-stop stream of people playing as Badspot or Ephi. I don't view it as a good idea for either team now that I went through it.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 10:22:46 PM by Tophat2 »

I was thinking of ironmode functioning like Expert Mode in Terraria. Boss would call a vote for ironmode, tallying the majority of the votes. If it passes, the Boss would change the difficulty and the strategy (example: Rotondo's groundpound replaced by boulder toss, Sky Captain having flight as an advantage), with a rewarding pay for every Normal

I was thinking of ironmode functioning like Expert Mode in Terraria. Boss would call a vote for ironmode, tallying the majority of the votes. If it passes, the Boss would change the difficulty and the strategy (example: Rotondo's groundpound replaced by boulder toss, Sky Captain having flight as an advantage), with a rewarding pay for every Normal

But even though something like this might be a neat idea, the goal is for expert players to still be able to play the way they want without making the entire server ragequit. Punishing players for having skill isn't the way to go, obviously, but giving bosses special attacks/stats really doesn't do anything for the advanced players. Except make them harder to kill.

What if there were alternative versions of the classes that are assigned certain tasks?

Looking at how players would use Kaje's weapons, I must say that Kaje's Burst Cannon and Cyclic Ion Blaster should get an overheat