Boss Battles - Six years...

Poll

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Boss Battles - Six years...  (Read 1604212 times)

i'd suggest bumping up the timer before you get killed for being 'AFK'
15 seconds is a bit too little when you have a lot of people running around to pick a class
and then you bump into them and then you die because the system thinks you're 'AFK'
The afk killer only occurs if you have not picked a class AND are standing over the physical spawn points near the end of the spawn area. If you've moved two feet away from them even it'll totally ignore you. The pre-round countdown is in no way a timer requiring you to select a class before it. It's only counting down time until people are allowed to spawn into the arena.

Honestly, the afk killer would be better if it kills someone in a minute, because what if I had to exit my room for a brief moment, then come back to see the afk killer smiting my virtual dude, waiting patiently for me, who dies 15 seconds after respawn? Then again, the system might be exploited in 1 minute, unless if you find a way.

The afk killer only occurs if you have not picked a class AND are standing over the physical spawn points near the end of the spawn area. If you've moved two feet away from them even it'll totally ignore you. The pre-round countdown is in no way a timer requiring you to select a class before it. It's only counting down time until people are allowed to spawn into the arena.
oh, thats nice, phew. thanks for clearing that up
Honestly, the afk killer would be better if it kills someone in a minute, because what if I had to exit my room for a brief moment, then come back to see the afk killer smiting my virtual dude, waiting patiently for me, who dies 15 seconds after respawn? Then again, the system might be exploited in 1 minute, unless if you find a way.
one minute to win it

I intend to improve it to allow something like this, but the problem is that the current afk killer has to kill all people it deems afk before the Boss spawns so that it can adjust the boss health calculation. Some point when I have more time I was going to make it so the boss health would dynamically update if people who were afk join late, but that's going to be a bit more work ahead of me.

Also sorry about the server being offline. I'm waiting for a response from BlockNet's server provider to find a solution to some trouble the server is having after an alleged hardware failure.

I have mixed feelings about this.

Mostly bad ones.
firebug goes to hug dark samus while dark samus is charging
charge fail
dark samus gets wrecked by incoming horde
thats kinda how it'll work sometimes

I, for one, like the nerf to DS. It's been a boss that's impossible to beat in the hands of a good player for a long time now. Although I don't feel like it'll be a huge nerf in most games and possibly too large a nerf when there's many players and dogpiles become more rampant.

I, for one, like the nerf to DS. It's been a boss that's impossible to beat in the hands of a good player for a long time now. Although I don't feel like it'll be a huge nerf in most games and possibly too large a nerf when there's many players and dogpiles become more rampant.
^

Quote from: Luneth
phazon is highly radioactive and kills/corrupts anything it comes in contact with. It'd make more sense if the recharge pellets did damage to players that come in contact with them

I like the idea of risk\reward of throwing yourself into DS's recharge for energy. If it becomes a dogpile, itll quickly die off if theres no medics and they keep throwing themselves at DS

I like the idea of risk\reward of throwing yourself into DS's recharge for energy. If it becomes a dogpile, itll quickly die off if theres no medics and they keep throwing themselves at DS

At that point it's just another weapon for DS. Either it does too little damage to mean anything or too much damage to players, or is then turned into a weapon against DS if a scientist can just deflect the projectiles. While that in itself would be neat, last I checked those projectiles were blacklisted since it was causing lag.

From a realistic point of view, no firebug is going to be able to do the risk/reward plan; they move too slowly. By the time they get there, DS'll be long gone. Deckers could easily get themselves killed between "scatter spam" and recharging. I have to admit it would be funny seeing a new player spam recharge and kill an entire platoon of players, though. Perhaps if the projectile count was lowered a bit, then damage could be applied to each projectile. Of course, it wouldn't harm DS at that point. It would need a decent bit of thought to kick off.

Quote from: Luneth
phazon is highly radioactive and kills/corrupts anything it comes in contact with. It'd make more sense if the recharge pellets did damage to players that come in contact with them
There are a couple exceptions, like the final boss of MP2 where you draw bits of the stuff into the charge beam to power it up and fire phazon back at it.

All it really does though is make Dark Samus Players stay ranged and only recharge when far away from players.

The risk is only if the Dark Samus player is inexperienced and decides to unload everything close to players.

Yeah this would of been a better change.

There are a couple exceptions, like the final boss of MP2 where you draw bits of the stuff into the charge beam to power it up and fire phazon back at it.
But like you said its a special exception and we don't have a samus miniboss anymore to draw stuff into a charge beam, uness a Megaman miniboss gets added with the ability to slide.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 07:46:45 PM by ZERØ »

server is kill, right before i could murder everyone
im sad

All it really does though is make Dark Samus Players stay ranged and only recharge when far away from players.

The risk is only if the Dark Samus player is inexperienced and decides to unload everything close to players.

DS isn't melee. DS has never been melee. This is all people do with DS. Newer players might have an issue with her but seriously, it's marked "hard" for a reason. We even have a centerprint that shows up saying "YOU NEED TO RECHARGE", which no one reads. With this change however, it becomes just a little bit easier to jam up the boss....and then a rocketman shoots them away. All in all, it probably won't be a huge change. What I thought of while typing is that any DS that spams the shield attack will instantly be taken down, which is good. Not fun to be knocked around unable to hit back because the boss is immune to damage.

DS isn't melee. DS has never been melee. This is all people do with DS. Newer players might have an issue with her but seriously, it's marked "hard" for a reason. We even have a centerprint that shows up saying "YOU NEED TO RECHARGE", which no one reads. With this change however, it becomes just a little bit easier to jam up the boss....and then a rocketman shoots them away. All in all, it probably won't be a huge change. What I thought of while typing is that any DS that spams the shield attack will instantly be taken down, which is good. Not fun to be knocked around unable to hit back because the boss is immune to damage.
I just can't believe a boss had to be nerfed because of some people spamming the shield attack.

A better option would of been to make players have more resistance to the shield if the player uses it repeatedly in a set amount of time.

Ex. If DS uses shield constantly under a set timer> Shield stops pushing players and only damages players slightly.

I'm only saying this because I already see a scenarion where a 3 infiltrators can gang up on ds and absorb all the energy while trying to backstab, aside from that DS already has lower health than all the other bosses.

I really don't want to bring thi up again but, the normals would benefit greatly from a slight increase to their speed (except for infiltrator and healer)