Pokémon VG Megathread

Author Topic: Pokémon VG Megathread  (Read 726871 times)

A new trailer has been released, paired with some new music!

One of Sun's exclusives is Passimian, a Fighting type with the ability Receiver, which takes its ally's ability when it faints in double battles. On the opposite end, Moon gets Oranguru, a Normal/Psychic type with Inner Focus or Telepathy. It has a move called Instruct that allows an ally to immediately re-use the last move they used.

It also confirmed that Lycanroc, the English localization of Rockruff's evolution, evolves based on version. The Midday Form is Rock type with Keen Eye or Sand Rush, while the Midnight Form is also Rock type with Keen Eye or Vital Spirit.

Trainer customization appears to have been expanded since X & Y, giving you more freedom in what your character looks like. You can even dye clothes! A "new" feature called Pokémon Refresh will be replacing Pokémon Amie, where you can groom and feed your Pokémon.

New species-exclusive Z-Moves were revealed as well: Pikachu gets Catastropika, an electric strike attack, but Eevee gets Extreme Evoboost, which is the first Z-Move that has been shown to not do damage: It sharply raises all of Eevee's stats!

Pokémon Bank will be receiving an update in January 2017 to accommodate Red/Blue/Yellow/Green, as well as allow you to view the Pokédex. Pokémon sent from R/B/Y/G will be taken via the PokéTransporter, and cannot be sent to Generation 6 games nor returned to their Generation 1 homes.

The next official announcement will be on October 4th!
god damn. also I hope this game isn't as easy XY.

Eevee's Z-Move kinda reminds me of Megaman's final smash, but mainly the part where Eevee is joined by it's evolutions and laser beams are involved

I suspect another version exclusive is here. Each version is restricted to only one phase of the Day/Night Cycle. If you have pokeballs that catch pokemon better when it is day on the Moon version, you are going to have a bad time.

I suspect another version exclusive is here. Each version is restricted to only one phase of the Day/Night Cycle. If you have pokeballs that catch pokemon better when it is day on the Moon version, you are going to have a bad time.

no they're just going to be 12 hours apart

aka when it's daytime where you live & you're playing pokemon moon, it'll be nighttime in your game

Since there appears to have been a problem with the September Trainer Club Newsletter that was intended to have a code for a second chance Darkrai in it, the distribution method has been changed to a generic serial code. Darkrai20 can be used in North America to redeem Darkrai, but only if you didn't obtain the original one back in May.

A Japanese TV show revealed a new move for Alolan Exeggutor called Dragon Hammer. No details about the move were shown or described except that it does damage.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 12:01:22 PM by Regulith »

Starting today, October's mythical Pokémon Keldeo is available from Mystery Gift. It also marks the beginning of Volcanion distributions for many regions, so be sure to check which local stores are giving out serial codes. North America and a few other regions will have to wait until October 10th for the event to start.

Seemingly out of nowhere, yet another event has begun, this time distributing Hoopa again in North America. The code is 2016HOOPA and has an unknown duration.

This is more events than we usually get over the course of 3 months, how refreshing

Edit: Nintendo has revealed that the Hoopa event will only last until this Sunday, October 9th
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 12:34:55 PM by Regulith »

they're really working on hyping this all up

the best part is i'm pretty sure sun/moon can actually live up to the hype

A new trailer has been released!

The first evolution stages of the starters were revealed: Rowlett evolves in Dartrix, Litten evolves into Torracat, and Popplio evolves into Brionne. These Pokémon bear striking resemblances to the final evolution leaks that were being passed around awhile back.

Join Avenue from B2W2 will be making a reappearance in the form of a place called Festival Plaza, where you can complete missions and tasks with other players to earn Friend Coins that can be used to purchase various valuable goods and services.

A place called Poké Pelago is a resort for the Pokémon in your PC, and can attract wild Pokémon as well as train your own and find items like evolution stones.

The Z-Ring allows for Mega Evolution as well, but no new Mega Evolutions have been shown. Additionally, the VGC '17 rules do not allow Mega Evolution, so it's possible there won't be any new ones at all.

A special demo for Sun & Moon will be available on October 18th, much like the one for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. This demo will feature a Greninja with the special ability Battle Bond, which transforms it into Ash-Greninja, a "synchronized" form from the anime, whenever it defeats an opponent. You will be able to transfer this Greninja to the full game after completing the demo.

I dont give a stuff about what people say about Popplio evolutions

They are beautiful

I never understood why everyone hated popplio, it looked cute from the start.
I really cared about Rowlett and Litten looks loving awesome.

Still sticking with rowlet

still sticking with litten, torracat is rad

dartrix got that "can i speak to your manager" flow

brionne looks like a special needs dog