Pokémon VG Megathread

Author Topic: Pokémon VG Megathread  (Read 730113 times)

i'm still torn between rowlett and popplio
i guess i just have to wait for the final evolution to decide

when the starters came out, the only one I liked was litten

I started to like popplio a bit after people started combating the "popplio is the worst starter" mentality

but now that the final evo leaks are all pretty much confirmed, I'll for sure be picking popplio because I don't like the other two, and brionne is delightful

i'm still torn between rowlett and popplio
i guess i just have to wait for the final evolution to decide
it of course comes down to personal opinion but i think the purpose of revealing the second evolutions but not the third is so that what their potential amounts to/how their design ultimately pays off is left as a pleasant surprise

well, if the secret about the starters does end up being that they have time- or version-exclusive evos, they'll probably want to wait for an optimal time to drop that bomb

« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 02:20:38 PM by Regulith »

One of the newest episodes Pokemon Generations shows the origins of Raikou, Suicune, and Entei
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rga9wUdKRk8&t=1m18s

Does this mean that before these three legendary pokemon existed, they were actual dogs? Like, real life dogs? Because they don't look like any other dog-like pokemon

The one gripe I have about Generations now that they "fixed" the low video quality is that the battles are over in like 5 seconds with a single move

I know they've got brutal time constraints to deal with but the battles are like the best part of Pokémon and they're super underwhelming

One of the newest episodes Pokemon Generations shows the origins of Raikou, Suicune, and Entei
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rga9wUdKRk8&t=1m18s

Does this mean that before these three legendary pokemon existed, they were actual dogs? Like, real life dogs? Because they don't look like any other dog-like pokemon

I'm pretty sure they just used generic dog-shaped silhouettes for the story because if they used an actual Pokémon shape it'd be distinct enough that you'd be able to tell what it was, and they're supposed to be "nameless"

Also the English version of the (really good) legendary trailer from awhile back came out today, it doesn't reveal anything new except the English name of the Ghost-type Z-Move (Never-Ending Nightmare)

Images of October's Corocoro are going around, unfortunately only one at the moment that shows Alolan Grimer, a Poison/Dark type.

The source of the image also claims that the rest of the magazine shows two evolutions of Jangmo-o, which are Dragon/Fighting, and an evolution for Type: Null that changes type based on its held item, lending to the idea that Type: Null was an attempt to recreate Arceus.

i just pre-ordered moon and i'm pretty happy about it

i want the purple meowth

the grimer got into the mustard dispenser again

When Type: Null finds a trainer it trusts, it destroys its helmet and evolves into Silvadi. While it is Normal-type as standard, there is a special hold item called Memory that lets it be one of all 18 types at any one time thanks to its ability, AR System. It's not currently known if it's one item that can change this, or if there are 18 different ones. The type change is reflected in its eyes, mane and tail which glow the colour representing the type. It has a new attack called Multi Attack which changes type based on its hold item.

A new trailer has been released! This one showcases many of the things we got from Corocoro, and some new things too.

Type: Null's evolved form is called Silvally and it's ability is known as RKS System. It is shown alongside Gladion, who appears to be holding several of the Memory items used to change its type and appearance.

Jangmo-o's evolutions are known as Hakamo-o and Kommo-o, both of which have Bulletproof or Soundproof. It has a signature move called Clanging Scales that deals a lot of damage but lowers its own defense.

Bounsweet evolves into Steenee, with the abilities Leaf Guard or Oblivious, and finally into Tsareena, with the abilities Leaf Guard or Queenly Majesty. Both are pure Grass type, and Queenly Majesty works like Bruxish's ability, blocking the use of priority moves. Tsareena has a signature move, Trop Kick, which deals damage and lowers the opponent's attack.

Cutiefly's evolved form, previously teased in another trailer, is called Ribombee. It's Bug/Fairy and has the abilities Honey Gather or Shield Dust.

Alolan Grimer is also shown as well as the debut of Alolan Muk, both of which are Poison/Dark and have the abilities Poison Touch or Gluttony.

Finally, Island Kahuna Olivia and Ilima were revealed, users of Rock and Normal types, respectively.

It should also be noted that in the Japanese trailer, Mega Kangaskhan's Parental Bond was shown to only do 25% of the damage.