Pokémon VG Megathread

Author Topic: Pokémon VG Megathread  (Read 729555 times)

i dont. i dont understand how anyone can have 'fun' playing such inferior repetitive games

but its not like the story is even good. if i wanted to have fun playing a competitive strategy game i'd play advance wars or xcom
Then go play advance wars or xcom. Even though those are a completely different genre of game.
You aren't literally being held hostage in this thread. You're allowed to have your own tastes but you're just straight up being ignorant.
I'll personally say that I'm not any more interested in Pokemon than you are. But I'm still able to see the level of strategy involved beyond "rps + mash A".

I don't see how people can somehow go through Black Ops 1 through Infinite Warfare all the tine without saying "Wow, this is all the same stuff" or play unmodded minecraft servers and enjoy it. Or how people eat thin burgers which are pink in the middle, or how people play things like Clash of Clans and only console games and even diss PC as being inferior. The thing is: it's a matter of opinion. No one gives a stuff and you can enjoy whatever you like. You've been raised as a person enjoying more complex games so you enjoy those. We're different.

rock paper scissors is a great game and if you disagree with me you can ***********

I just like to explore the region and catch cool looking monsters tbh. I agree with phantos on some matters, like the type chart could absolutely benefit from reworking. (why is bug type still so stuff?) And the stories in gens 6 & 7 were so weak, when I went back to play gen 5 it was like a breath of fresh air specifically because the story was not so obtrusive. the story was there, but it drove the plot forward without bothering the player with lengthy cutscenes.

But I think most of the Pokemon community already recognizes these problems and isn't happy with them.

edit: and to expand on my point-- I don't see how complaining in this thread is going to get anything done. (criticism is ok of course but I don't see why anyone would stoop to idiotic personal insults.) I think gamefreak has already noticed the backlash from their dilution of the game mechanics, which is why the pokemon company was quick to make a tweet separating the Let's Go games from the 2019 games. personally I'm waiting til I see the 2019 games to pass judgement on the future of the franchise.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 08:01:43 PM by Mega-Bear »

Replacing vanillite with Darumaka, need another physical attacker l0l

why were you using vanillite l0l

why were you using vanillite l0l
Never was, changed team plan.

And the stories in gens 6 & 7 were so weak
Yeah gen 7's story was loving boring as forget, and the cutscenes felt like kingdom hearts, but not as good (especially when you can't loving skip the cutscene stuff)

i want a pokemon game where you just catch them all
i dont want to loving save the world or screw around in some looney's underground science lair i just wanna CATCHEM

i dont want to loving save the world or screw around in some looney's underground science lair i just wanna CATCHEM
there are no meaningful mechanics to reap from pokemon- all you can do is marvel at the polished sprites and models and possess pseudo bestiality-related loveual thoughts
case in point

Pokemon Go

Real talk whys chandelure so cool

Real talk whys chandelure so cool
because you can hang it up in your living room to light up your house in a cost-efficient and eco-friendly way