Pokémon VG Megathread

Author Topic: Pokémon VG Megathread  (Read 729830 times)

it looks lame as forget, I'll just wait till they announce generation 8

So it's Pokemon Go, but in Kanto, and on a bigger screen? And you can battle people?

So it's Pokemon Go, but in Kanto, and on a bigger screen? And you can battle people?

because dragging a ball is pokemon go

Yeah but that's pretty much what it is. Just with turn based trainer battles instead of the active battles. It looks like there's no wild battling so leveling up is probably similar to the way it is in GO.

It's a remake of Gen 1 Kanto with Pokémon Go catching and integration. No wild Pokémon battling, but otherwise its a normal Pokémon RPG.

I don't think its necessarily a normal remake though. I think it'll only have original 151 Pokémon and I'm not sure if they'll bring over any new features or mechanics from the other games like the other remakes do. I think this is essentially its own thing.

The next gen of Pokémon is coming in 2019 so Let's Go is just a stop gap aimed moreso at casuals.

As much as I love the representation of pokemon let's go, I am rather disappointed to see the fact that you just swipe balls at each pokemon you encounter. It just gets rid of that emphasis that you're supposed to take your starter pokemon, level it up, catch others and battle others. That's the progression you make in the games like back in the day, it should be like that rather than throwing balls at the pokemon itself. I remember feeling happy when I leveled up Empolean, Dialga, Palkia and Giratina to level 100 in pokemon platinum

It's a remake of Gen 1 Kanto with Pokémon Go catching and integration. No wild Pokémon battling, but otherwise its a normal Pokémon RPG.

I don't think its necessarily a normal remake though. I think it'll only have original 151 Pokémon and I'm not sure if they'll bring over any new features or mechanics from the other games like the other remakes do. I think this is essentially its own thing.

The next gen of Pokémon is coming in 2019 so Let's Go is just a stop gap aimed moreso at casuals.

filthy casuals ruinin my pokemans damn casuals stay away

it's not a remake, they confirmed it's apart of this "generation" or whatever you dweebs call it

did you guys seriously expect them to use the same gameplay until the franchise died?

As much as I love the representation of pokemon let's go, I am rather disappointed to see the fact that you just swipe balls at each pokemon you encounter. It just gets rid of that emphasis that you're supposed to take your starter pokemon, level it up, catch others and battle others. That's the progression you make in the games like back in the day, it should be like that rather than throwing balls at the pokemon itself. I remember feeling happy when I leveled up Empolean, Dialga, Palkia and Giratina to level 100 in pokemon platinum

beating animals senseless to capture them is a pretty forgeted up concept to begin with, glad they changed it
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 03:35:40 PM by GreenBH³ »

filthy casuals ruinin my pokemans damn casuals stay away

it's not a remake, they confirmed it's apart of this "generation" or whatever you dweebs call it

did you guys seriously expect them to use the same gameplay until the franchise died?
I don't mean it in any negative way when I say casual just that it's supposed to be a simpler experience for people to get into the series and also net the audience of people that liked playing Pokémon Go.

Looks like a remake to me. Point is that this isn't the new game, that's coming out later.

i cant believe they're still making pokemon games

Do remember that it's not a main-series game, like, i understand the disappointment, but this is just an extension of Pokemon Go, hence the name

So of course you won't be doing any sort of battling or leveling, and instead just catching Pokemon without battle

i cant believe they're still making pokemon games
People like em, buy em, and the games make a ton of money.

It'd be really foolish of them to not keep making Pokémon games, you'd be throwing money away.

finally getting a switch now

I know these games are not what the Pokemon community "wanted" but I forget with Pokemon GO on the daily and can attest to the fact that it finally has improved and is still slowly improving; having what masuda described as a full Pokemon RPG associated with Pokemon GO with connections and pokemon transferring is REALLY EXCITING. I can't wait to get anohter Mewtwo from the switch game for Pokemon GO

I think Nintendo/gamefreak has the right idea. Gen 7 caught flak because the games were sort of watered down and aimed more at younger audiences, but they were made like that because people complained gens 4/5 were too difficult (especially for young players).

This way, casual players and more serious players get different sets of games. I think that’s a smart way to approach a 20-year-old franchise where half the players are children and half grew up with the games.