Pokémon VG Megathread

Author Topic: Pokémon VG Megathread  (Read 729593 times)

I think pokemon is getting too excited with the mega evolutions

Why not just regular evolutions?

Yeah seriously - doesn't have Leftovers, doesn't have Regenerator. And it's not even like "oh, it doesn't have Regenerator, but instead it has Magic Guard." It might as well just not have any ability at all once it megas.

People are saying that it's designed to be able to boost defenses and then not get taken down by criticals but I think it's still pretty bad

Audino is kinda underwhelming too, I was hoping it'd finally be more usable outside doubles now but the Mega is even MORE suited for them

I'm breeding for a shiny so I'll probably be getting a lot of these in the process, anyone want one? They're built to be Dusknoirs but you could change that without too much trouble

Memento, Pain Split, and Skill Swap are egg moves (and would probably be more suited for Eviolite Dusclops anyway)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 03:14:39 PM by Regulith »

I like the Mega Evolutions. Honestly Mega Mewtwo (X) and Mega Lucario are my favorites

I like the Mega Evolutions. Honestly Mega Mewtwo (X) and Mega Lucario are my favorites

I really like Mega Evolutions in general because it gives you another way to use certain Pokemon and makes normally mediocre Pokemon useful, plus in a lot of cases you get to make a tactical decision on when to change your ability (like with Alakazam and Trace or Absol and Magic Bounce)

I do, however, hate that they're threatening to replace regular evolutions of old Pokemon in new games, I mean obviously they wanted to push Mega Evolution in its debut game and there wouldn't be any brand new Pokemon in a remake but it's looking pretty grim

While the Vivillon event has concluded in North America, a new pair of events has come to replace it. Nintendo is offering a Pinsir in Y and a Heracross in X via Mystery Gift, synergizing with the second event which is running in GameStop stores that allows you to obtain the corresponding Mega Stone.

Additionally, the aforementioned Vivillon event will be available in Europe starting the 29th of August.

Nintendo has released a trailer officially revealing Mega Audino, Mega Slowbro remains unmentioned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBy8IRMo3aQ

The best part about all these trailers is that they show off flashy attacks every time, but you always hear the "not very effective" sound effect.

The best part about all these trailers is that they show off flashy attacks every time, but you always hear the "not very effective" sound effect.
Critting the stuff out of their pokemon isn't in their best interests

actually yeah p sure it's not a "ineffective" ting"
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 02:54:48 PM by Cybertails1998 »

I thought the not very effective sound effect was lower-pitched, unless they changed that in X and Y.

well good thing I have both games, then

do they have any IVs?

...Mega Slowbro remains unmentioned...

Mega Slowbro is silly looking as forget, but I'm actually okay with it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB3OeQ7j2PE

I bet we are going to be sick of that music by the time the game comes out.

I wonder traded a level 24 Gligar and got a level 100 Magikarp.

Is this normal?

EDIT: Picture

I also got a few level 1 starters from this
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 12:50:28 AM by |Orange| »