Pokémon VG Megathread

Author Topic: Pokémon VG Megathread  (Read 729590 times)

Am I the only man in the world that doesn't give a crap about IVs and EVs

i don't really care about them either

i would, but it's all too complicated

^

Am I the only man in the world that doesn't give a crap about IVs and EVs
I don't either. Don't care for competition battling either.

I just like to collect and make my way to becoming the Champion.

Mega Beedrill looks terrifying
Mega Beedrill looks awesome
Mega Beedrill looks terrifingly awesome~
glad they're both getting mega evos since they both smell, rather get outclassed, in comparison to the other pokemon of their kind

Am I the only man in the world tha-

No

^

They can certainly seem complicated at a glance but they're fairly simple.

IVs are basically genes, one for each stat, some being passed down from the parents when breeding while the rest are randomized. You can increase the number of IVs passed down to 5 by giving one of the parents a Destiny Knot. Visiting the man in the back left corner of the Kiloude City Pokemon Center will give you an idea of the IVs of any Pokemon; A Pokemon with "outstanding potential overall" and 5 stats that "can't be beat" (you only need either Attack or Special Attack to be perfect unless it's a mixed attacker) is perfect.

EVs are earned through effort (hence effort values) and increase the stats further. You get 510 EVs to distribute through either battling specific Pokemon or Super Training, most people max out 2 stats (252 each) and put the last 6 in whatever.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 07:33:47 PM by Regulith »

First off, a trailer is out for the information revealed in CoroCoro the other day. It showcases Mega Beedrill, Mega Pidgeot, the Mega Latis and their flying ability, and the new PokeNav.

More Mighty Mega-Evolved Pokémon Set for Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire!

In newer news, the OR/AS demo is out in some regions, revealing Mega Steelix and Mega Glalie in the process. Mega Glalie gains Refrigerate, while Mega Steelix gets Sand Force.

The demo will be available in the US on the 20th. You have to have a Pokemon Trainer Club Account and check the box next to "receive marketing emails" in your settings. The second box on this page has all the details.

There is also a shiny Gengar event going on now, obtainable via serial code from local game stores.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 03:30:28 PM by Regulith »

how many more megas are they gonna make lol

So far, it looks like we're getting as many as we did in X and Y, except they're showing all of them off.

what if they made a mega mankey

megaman
if some friend says that mankey is a pre-evolution I will force feed them their own hair

I really hope they add mega masquerain and turn it back into Bug/Water ugh

I really hope they add mega masquerain and turn it back into Bug/Water ugh
There aren't really many water/bug-type Pokémon, huh?
Now I know who's gonna be on my Omega Ruby team.

While I hope it doesn't lead to an awkward pattern with future Pokemon Games (say Gen 7), where they just keep on giving Mega-Evos to pre-existing pokemon, I don't mind having more of them now.

I still feel let down with the significantly smaller number of new Pokemon introduced in Gen 6. (70, whereas the next smallest amount was 100 new in Gen II, and then 106 in Gen IV).
So, increasing the number a little bit more with some new Mega-Evos is fine by me.

Still waiting on Mega Dusknoir

It was, unfortunately, confirmed by Masuda himself that trainer customization is not in OR/AS, a huge disappointment to many people

The demo also appears to have different Mega Evolutions depending on what region of the world you're in, so as more places get the demo we could be seeing more reveals