Pokémon VG Megathread

Author Topic: Pokémon VG Megathread  (Read 729036 times)

i think everyone should harass drmobius for his dittos, as in he should add everyone ever because ditto is too OP in a safari
I added everyone above my name, but since you put it that way, I'm not sure you need the dittos.  Honestly though, dittos aren't worth using unless you are working with genderless pokemon.  Once you start locking down a few perfect IVs, it's quite easy to breed for perfect stats.  (Perfect being everything you need.  You don't give too many stuffs about the attack on a special sweeper, though technically, lower is better in the case of confusion)

my shiny adventures are naught, but i've been itching to try out two pokemon that are known to be pretty annoying as far as i know, shuckle and blissey, so far i've got a chansey that i'm going to try for just a high hp IV and whenever i get shuckle, a high def IV
I'm actually looking to breed a shuckle for tanking purposes.  Gonna try some movesets and see how they work, but I'm thinking rest and toxic.  Breeding shouldn't be hard, since you just need hp and defense stats on it.  Other stats are so low they aren't worth salvaging anyway.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 01:49:38 AM by DrMobius »

hey guys what starter and what kanto starter did you choose? i chose chespin (now chesnaught???) and charmander.

I chose Fennekin and Squirtle (both fully evolved).

But through trading I now have a Chespin (turned Chesnaught) and Charmeleon (have had a charmander).

And then also had the promotional Torchic (not trained at all).

Still looking to get a Froakie and a Bulbasaur, but I think my most likely way of getting that is to get a ditto and breed one of my male starters.
It seems that on the GTS people either trade level 1 starters for other starters, or they act as twats and ask for legendaries. Very occasionally you get a regular trade where they ask for something achievable though.

If you didn't know, you CAN filter out legendaries from GTS which is very helpful

I'm contemplating catching Mewtwo in my Master Ball, not necessarily for the sake of ease but because it seems appropriate, and it's not like I'm going to use it for anything else

If you didn't know, you CAN filter out legendaries from GTS which is very helpful
Yeah, but when the filter system is used, if you attempt to trade with someone the game crashes and you have to restart.
That atleast has happened every time I've used the filter-system and attempted to trade with someone while it's on, and I've read that others have had similar problems.

I think what would be helpful with the GTS is if it had a time-out system for trades. If your trade has been up there for example, 5 days, then it will be removed if it hasn't traded yet.
At the least that would stop a lot of the impossible/unreasonable trades that fill up the GTS from filling up pages of trades.
I'm just very very thankful that the GTS no longer lists just 6 trades at any time that can't be refreshed.

Or at the bare minimum, if the filter systems would actually let you trade.

doesn't filter out the birds which is still annoying

What is more viable, a Chansey with an Eviolite or a Blissey?

What is more viable, a Chansey with an Eviolite or a Blissey?

If you're using a rain or sun based team, use Chansey. Weatherless/Sand/Hail: use Blissey with Leftovers.

If you're using a rain or sun based team, use Chansey. Weatherless/Sand/Hail: use Blissey with Leftovers.

Could you elaborate as to why Chansey is better on rain/sun teams? I get Blissey in sand and hail, though.

I'd imagine it's because Chansey has more bulk than Blissey with Eviolite, so it can be swapped in during times where a rain-boosted/sun-boosted attack is used, whereas Blissey does not get the advantage of Eviolite, but with leftovers it can take the damage from the hail and sandstorm effects, and simply heal up after, amirite?

I've decided to stick with Chansey for now because I'd like to see how big of an effect Eviolite has.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 12:51:39 PM by Flamecannon »

I caught a shiny flabebe! Which one of you wants it?

Um..that's not a shiny.

It has several color schemes.