Author Topic: Blockland Will Not Install Correctly, Please Help?  (Read 758 times)

I have tried both installers, the one on blockland.us and the one Badspot says to use if all else fails. I also tried downloading the v19 version and I still get the same problem. Here is the problem, I tell the installer to install the game on a folder named Blockland on the root of my C Drive (C:\Blockland). When I checked the installer the only two things that installed are in the picture below.

So instead of blockland installing itself here C:\Blockland, it goes into my Documents but there are still a lot of missing files. I tried to re-install several times, I deleted the folders several times as well. I made a new account and tried to install it on there and I got the same result. Although Blockland installed fine on my Desktop. I am using a legit version of Windows 7 64bit Home premium. I also recently re-installed Windows using the corect CDs.

So does anyone know how to fix this? I have tried copying the files from my desktop to my other computer and putting in the Blockland folder and it still does not work.

The game does run and open up but I can't put any add-ons in it or anything.

Nevermind, I think Badspot did an update. Instead of all of the folders saving onto where it said to install, it goes into your Documents instead.

Still, the add-ons will not work.

This isn't a bug, everything's working fine. Look at this topic. If a folder is missing in your documents folder, running Blockland once should fix it.

Yeah, I ran blockland and then all of the files showed up again but only in the my Documents folder, not where I told it to install. And whenever I try and put add ons in the folder on my documents some add ons work and others dont. the maps come up but RTB does not work

RTB is probably working. You have to press Shift+Tab now to open it in Blockland.

I tried that no luck, do you think on the computer that has BL working. i should uninstall it and then re-install to see if it will work? I tried doing that on another computer and I got the same errors. I have a feeling its some glitch or update Badspot added on the side. (not on purpose

Ok here's the thing, the application that runs blockland will install wherever you want it.
All other files will be kept in your documents no matter what, that is where blockland will put your stuff.
Take your add ons and put them in the addons folder in User/Documents/Blockland/AddOns

Ok here's the thing, the application that runs blockland will install wherever you want it.
All other files will be kept in your documents no matter what, that is where blockland will put your stuff and whe it will look for your add-ons.
Take your add ons and put them in the addons folder in User/Documents/Blockland/AddOns

I have a feeling its some glitch or update Badspot added on the side. (not on purpose
We already established that. It's one of the major features of v20. You need to put the addons in the Blockland folder in your Documents folder.

I tried that and then the maps load but RTB does not

I fixed it, the thing was that it was working the entire time. RTB just did not copy. Lol I feel like an idiot.