Anagaea: An Era of Empires

Poll

NEW AND IMPROVED TIMESCALE POLL

Advance by Page
5 (83.3%)
NO OTHER POLL
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Anagaea: An Era of Empires  (Read 95149 times)

So you're telling him how to run his own RPG?  

Don't worry, I'm just pullin' yer peach.

gold we are willing to trade for exotic herbs
What kind of spices?  I can offer a few things.
(What I am really asking is if you like STRONG or mellow-ey spices)

hey Nasoa, could you act as a sort of GM for this?  I think why I am complaining about unreasonability boils down to the fact that people aren't going to do what I did and intentionally cause internal problems, and don't want to seem like an star fish and give themselves things or discover amazing riches and stuff, which makes the game quite mellow.  If you declare events that people have to deal with, I think this whole thing will be alot more interesting.

Mostly because right now all that is going on are foreign relations which didn't actually exist yet.  That doesn't need to end, but adding a more dynamic internal system will be a good way to channel it.
I think this is a great idea. On a COMPLETELY unrelated note, the emperor of Aosania has been killed and Aosania has collapsed into a state of warring bands of tribes.

Nexia has finally managed to push the barbarians out of their land through a combination of blockading food supplies and planting false rumors as to how strong the new Nexian nation was.  These barbarians have moved west after fierce starvation and re-set up their government as Hessia.

Striking quickly, Nexia was able to attack them as they were retreating and capture the majority of the enslaved people without much loss of life on either side.  However, the beastmen race do not seem aware of their enslavement and act more as loyal pets than people.  They went with the barbarians.

Nexia
27,000 people
Government re-established: Theocracy
All else remains the same

Hessia
10,000 citizens
3,000 slaves
Government type: Tyranny
Empire type: Extremely militant
Economy type: Raiding, minor mining
Flag: Skull on a chain on a stick
Language: Hükiish
Capitol: Fengblatz
Allies: None

Primary raiding targets are Sláinte and Rossiya Imperii

Also: I reccommend empires now declaring official religion(s)
Advantages:
 - Can manipulate the will of your people
 - Generally improves morale
 - Greatly reduces unhappiness from declaring war if they have a different religion
 - Relations between empires with common religions greatly improved
 - Ungoverned + non-religious/your religion people immigrate into empire at a much greater rate
 - Grants ability to send missionaries to convert people or set up colonies
    - can be considered an act of war if it is another empire with a different religion
    - no effect if people already have same religion

Disadvantages:
 - Wars between common religion empires ineffective
 - Population less predictable without religious manipulation
 - Relations between empires with different religions can change rapidly and surprisingly
 - Reduces immigration of people with a different religion.

The capitol of the first nation to declare a certain religion will become that religion's holy city.  That city has some minor sway over the rest of that religion, in any empire.

With internal troubles over, Nexia sends missionaries south into ungoverned lands to spread the influence of the great Amnesh.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 11:09:41 AM by Nexus »

I shall march to Aosania's remains. kick the barbarian's arses, and claim the land for myself. 
I shall then begin to slowly suck the land of its resources, and with Rossiya Imperii's permition, bring it through their land, paying them for their help. 
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 02:56:55 PM by morningstar »

Because I had trade ties with Aosania, I will aid you. 
45,000 troops march towards Aosania.  About 3 months journey planned. 

nonono godammit this is exactly....

you know what nevermind

also notice that his empire has been removed from the list

Nexus, update what you said.  I did. 

I shall march to Aosania's remains. kick the barbarian's arses, and claim the land for myself. 
I shall then begin to slowly suck the land of its resources, and with Rossiya Imperii's permition, bring it through their land, paying them for their help. 
My military shall accompany yours in the arse kicking, but you can have the resources.

My country's national religion is Eastern Orthodox.

Things still peachy in Avalonia.

Avalonia sends fifty thousand archers, and fifty thousand spearmen to crush Hessia, as it is attacking Avalonia's ally. No, Nexus, it is not unrealistic to send troops to harm the opressor of my ALLY. Plenty of loot expected to be brought back. Requesting that Aemilius and Rossiya Imperii aid me in this endeavour.

Avalonia fortifies the portion of its all encasing wall that is nearest to Hessia. A city for the purpose of trade between Avalonia and Rossiya Imperii is being constructed near at the shared border. A large supply of weapons and armor is being moved there for trade to Rossiya Imperii.

Avalonia begins to occupy the large lakes in the territory above it, militarily.

No national religion. Avoiding that minefield. Religion was trouble back then. And for all you people that'll call me a heathen nation for not worshiping your god(s), you can save it until you have a military to impose your ideals on me with.

My military shall accompany yours in the arse kicking, but you can have the resources.
How many troops do you posses?  If I need help, then I need to know how much help I am getting.  

Oh, and my nation worships the Morning Star.  Births at sunrise are a sign of good luck.  
Deaths at sunset means you go to Tarmesh to be tormented for 3 years in the heat of the sun's rise.
The god Esirnus and his archangel Sunnisa battle the evil demon Tesnus who rules Tarmesh
And our religious leaders are called Noonitras
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 05:10:02 PM by morningstar »

About 100,000 troops in all will be with yours, another 100,000 will be attacking from somewhere else.

Avalonia has decided not to attack Nexus's pet nation, and instead aid Aemilius in overrunning the former Aosania, for now. Half my legions shall go with you and your army, with your permission. I also plan to take a little loot, and I don't mind saying it.

I plan to send even more troops by sea, to make things go quicker.

Scratch sending troops by sea.
I'll just use cavalry to spearhead my invasion force, setting up a basecamp at the border, then wait for reinforcements so as to crush any opposition totally.

I'm okay with both of your help.  
Let's just timeskip and say we got there.  

Aemilius

We welcome any of the invasion forces to camp in our land if they want to.

A sickness appears to be growing in your camp, men are beginning to wretch, and a dozen have already perished.