Author Topic: KINEX's Build-Off  (Read 4301 times)

Build-Off
of
the

Year!

Start: December 17, 2011
End: January 15, 2012

This Build-Off, hosted by KINEX, put together by me, Gizmo is meant for the best builders of Blocklanders to prove to everybody that they are truly the best. This is open to any Blocklander who would like to participate. Please follow the rules which are as follows:

1) Build inside a square. You will know what I'm talking about once you join the server.
2) Do not take up more space than you need.
3) Use common sense in your actions and builds.
4) Don't complain if you build is deleted because has either been their unfinished for weeks or it is not up to the standard of the other builds.
**If you would like to specially request for a larger space to build in, please PM me and I will arrange it.**

Admins:
-Gizmo (me)
-KINEX
-Greek2Me
-Boom
-Lalam
-Shappeh
-Blastdown
-Plant
-Sucon

Once the Building phase is over, the Judges will decide on a winner and Top 5. The winner will be posted here and Top 5 builds will be marked.

The current Judges are:
-Gizmo (me)
-Plant
-KINEX
-Greek2Me
-Shappeh
-Blastdown
-Lalam
-Bones4

Prize: Copy of Terraria or Portal 2 on Steam. (May be other options.)

Images: In descending order; TheArmyGuy's Overpass, Redliub's House, AverageJoe's Building.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 04:40:13 PM by Gizmo. »

8 Players max, I suggest changing this
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 01:53:15 AM by soba »

1) Build inside a square. You will know what I'm talking about once you join the server.
2) Do not take up more space than you need.
Awww :( I had a cool idea, but as always, my build is too big.

So is that box large enough to fit a spaceship?

64x64 :/
I could need a 128x128. And if TAG wants a spaceship, he probably needs something of that size as well.

Yes, but the bricks are all default. I'm rolling with it though.

I'll help judge if you need it. Also is there a theme to it like we'd talked about?

64x64 :/
I could need a 128x128. And if TAG wants a spaceship, he probably needs something of that size as well.

Go ahead and build it on the outside if you would like.

8 Players max, I suggest changing this

Changed to 20.

I'll help judge if you need it. Also is there a theme to it like we'd talked about?

I'll put you down for judging. There is no theme for this, more like classic bricks than anything else.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 09:09:29 PM by Gizmo. »

Pikman01 is lagging the server by duplicating treasure chests. No idea why he's doing it, but it's starting to get loving annoying.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 10:57:31 PM by darerd »

Pikman01 is lagging the server by duplicating treasure chests. No idea why he's doing it, but it's starting to get loving annoying.
I'll look into it.

Edit: Just kidding, I'm not admin anymore!

Proof:

Almost a full view.

[/obvious]

6191 chests and counting.

I'm glad it stopped, but someone needs to come on and clear this spam. If it doesn't happen soon, someone who actually wants to build something will be forgeted when they want to build something and all the lots are full of stuff.

EDIT: the chests got cleared. Huh
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 11:44:22 PM by darerd »

It has been asked by Gizmo. to make this the server of the week text week for my Blockland News post. I'm going to think about it.

I'm glad it stopped, but someone needs to come on and clear this spam. If it doesn't happen soon, someone who actually wants to build something will be forgeted when they want to build something and all the lots are full of stuff.

EDIT: the chests got cleared. Huh

He cleared them after I reported it.