Iban's House Burns Down ~ RIP Scott the Cat

Author Topic: Iban's House Burns Down ~ RIP Scott the Cat  (Read 51701 times)

Last night Iban and I were talking when he suddenly had to get up and leave some time around midnight. A bit ago he logged on Steam and sent me this:

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/articles/suspected-46401-causes-damages.html

NICEVILLE — Candice Potter scanned the charred remains of her home Wednesday morning looking for anything she could salvage.

The Cadillac Avenue home she had lived in for more than a year with her live-in boyfriend was a total loss Tuesday night after what officials believe was an arson fire.

“I don’t even know where to begin,” Potter said as she searched her home for items to take to her parent’s home. “I guess I’m just going to take what I can and then the house will be boarded up.”

Potter’s boyfriend, 31-year-old Andrew Kyle Denton, was charged with arson and misdemeanor battery.

The two got into an argument late Tuesday night after Potter accused Denton of taking five dollars out of her purse, according to Denton’s Niceville Police arrest report.

The two argued for several minutes when Potter told Denton she was leaving. Denton told her if she left he would, "burn this (expletive) down," referring to the house.

He went to the porch and grabbed a 5-gallon can of gasoline and called Potter back to their bedroom. He allegedly grabbed her scarf, dragged her back into their bedroom and threw her on the bed.

Once Potter was on the bed, Denton poured gasoline on the bed, floor and throughout the rest of the single-family house. He then lit the home on fire, the report said.

Niceville Fire Chief Tommy Mayville said Potter was in the home when the fire began around 11:30 p.m., but escaped without injury. However, Potter’s 12-year-old cat Scott was killed in the flames.

“The home is a total loss, it’s not livable,” Mayville said. “Crews made an interior attack and kept the fire contained to the living room, kitchen and dining room.”

Niceville Fire along with North Bay Fire, Eglin Fire and East Niceville Fire knocked down the fire in less than 20 minutes.

Mayville said the Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating and samples have been sent to the lab to verify that it was an arson fire. According to Denton’s arrest report, damages to the home were estimated at $150,000.

Denton was found across the street from the fire by Niceville Police officers, who were the first on the scene. He was arrested on charges of arson and misdemeanor battery.

He is scheduled to appear in court Feb. 7 in Fort Walton Beach.

During an interview with officers, Denton said, "I feel badder about her cat than her."

The names and locations all check out; it was definitely his house.

Photos of the house after the fire: http://www.joshuamoon.name/fun/

Take note of the last line in the news story:

During an interview with officers, Denton said, "I feel badder about her cat than her."

In memory of Scott "The Cat that would Never loving Die"

He lived 12 years. I got him when I was 6. He outlived 3 other cats and my mom always joked he would never die.

Ha ha.

Scott the cat lost his life in this tragic act of accused arson. No matter what sick things Iban has done no kitty deserves such a fate.

RIP Scott ~2000-2012~

Iban's take on the situation
Quote from: Iban
Joshua: Hey Otis
Joshua: you know how last night my mom said to leave because they were fighting
Otis Da HousKat: whaaaa
Joshua: and then I kinda poofed
Otis Da HousKat: ya
Joshua: well right after she told me to call the police
Joshua: because someone had dumped gasoline through their room to the hall to the living room
Joshua: so i called da poleec n was like "missus police it appears there is gasoline in my house and this dude is mad, REAL MAD."
Joshua: so she sas da poleec is on da way
Otis Da HousKat: stuff nig
Joshua: so I walk out to my car and tell him as he dumps gasoline throughout the living room
Joshua: "You guys are loving handicaps."
Joshua: and he says "No, just very dumb."
Joshua: I wish I could say I deserved it but it was my mom's house and I am quite unaffected.
Otis Da HousKat: You can just bum out anywhere with an intronet connection
Joshua: Yeah.
Joshua: That and a lot of problems were solved.
Joshua: My cat was a burden. Although I loved him and I don't think smoke inhalation was a suitable death for such a loving old man, I do know he doesn't have to deal with my mom's abuse and nobody has to worry about him now.
Joshua: Andrew made everyone miserable and my mom was too afraid of being alone to see it. He's facing 20+ years of prison time for arson, violating parole, domestic battery, 2 counts of attempted murder
Joshua: and I will see to it he gets charged with Animal Cruelty as well.
Joshua: The house was 30 years old and the mortagage owned on it was TWICE was it was worth now
Joshua: it was also under a runway which harbors the Eglin Airforce Base with super loud F35 jets
Joshua: Cat? Gone, and no longer suffering.
Joshua: Andrew? Gone.
Joshua: House? Gone.
Joshua: Mortagage? Paid for by insurance.
Otis Da HousKat: Time to start fresh
Joshua: And then some
Joshua: Feels way better than it should
Joshua: I'm happy, though
Joshua: I wanted this
Joshua: We lucked out

And since I know everyone on this forum is itching to make some kind of comment on the irony of this situation and his final posts on the forum I'm going to beat you to it.

Colten, that is so old I can't even bring myself to care.
I'm not going to be a jerk to her because some dumb angsty cunt on an Internet forum took advantage of her trust (in exactly the same way you took advantage of mine) and used her as a weapon against me.

You are an awful human being, and I hope your child burns to death.

User was banned for this post
Irony, karma, etc.

Iban talked to me on steam about how my dog dieing is karma.

Iban's cat dies and his house is burnt down.

Oh wow. He's a cunt but that definitely still sucks.
Or not, apparently he's happy it happened
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 03:26:18 PM by Böltster »

Woah

That is karma at work.

Poor Iban.

Never tell your password to anyone.
Joshua: I just wanted to say that your dog dieing of cancer is karma because you are a terrible person and wholly unlikeable.
Joshua: But, on the bright side, I'm sure this tragedy will give you plenty of dark moodiness with which you can harnest to write angsty tear-drop stained poems.
Lord Tony: cool story bro but it affects my mother more than me
Lord Tony: so karma sucks at finding targets to forget with people's lives
Joshua: Your mother gave birth to you, did she not?
Joshua: I think karma's aim is 20/20
Lord Tony: except the dog lived to be about 14.2 years and about the oldest year for a dog to live is 15
Lord Tony: so it's not karma, it's life.
Joshua: What I do find infinitely amusing is that in your time of weakness and need the place you turn to for comfort and support is the place you haunt and plague with your presence almost 24/7.
Lord Tony: I'm pretty much fine.
Joshua: You have so little going for you in your life your only shoulder to cry on is an Internet Lego Forum that caters to auitistic children.
Lord Tony: It's lfie, the dog isn't going to live forever.
Lord Tony: I didn't post on the forums when my Grandfather died.
Joshua: Doesn't matter.
Joshua: Regardless, that's all I wanted to say.
Joshua: Have a good one.
Joshua is now Offline.

Is it karma or irony now?

Now he's got nothin to lose if he decides he wants to rape somebody--

stuff, he knows my last name. T~T

Actually, I think its more irony.

Read the story without remembering Iban's real name and thought Iban was the one pouring the gasoline

and I was thinking "what the forget"

but then I remembered that HE was joshua

whoops lol

Now he's got nothin to lose if he decides he wants to rape somebody--

stuff, he knows my last name. T~T

Is it christ

No one deserves this, Denton is a forgettard...

And how does Iban fall in this situation? Is he the step son of the mother or father?

I feel bad for the cat :c

the will of the universe committed the arson
it's the only logical explanation

No one deserves this, Denton is a forgettard...

And how does Iban fall in this situation? Is he the step son of the mother or father?
He is the son of Candice Potter the owner of the house.