Author Topic: Why Nerds are Unpopular.  (Read 2479 times)

http://www.paulgraham.com/nerds.html

I just read this essay. I feel like it makes complete sense to me, but I'd like to read you're opinions on it forum.

The essay in question is very long, but I felt like it was a good read. In any case I plan on really opening my eyes when I got to school Tuesday. I'm going to look around and tree and see the world for how it really is and not just how I perceive it to be.

Nerds will rule the world one day.

It's silly how some people have to use pages to describe something that should be done in a sentence.

Nerds will rule the world one day.
They already do.
Who do you think all of our senators and representatives are?

They already do.
Who do you think all of our senators and representatives are?
They aren't Nerdy enough, they were too close for comfort with SOPA and PIPA.

In any case I plan on really opening my eyes when I got to school Tuesday. I'm going to look around and tree and see the world for how it really is and not just how I perceive it to be.
That'll last a few days at best, and then you'll slip right back into the mentality that life is unfair, because perception aside, it is.

I'm a nerd but I sit with the cool guys.
They'll never know that I sit on the computer 24/7 and do nothing productive  :cookieMonster:

That'll last a few days at best, and then you'll slip right back into the mentality that life is unfair, because perception aside, it is.

forget. That. I'm tired of conforming to everyone else. I'm just going to do my own thing and not give a forget.

this is why i love military academy so much
there's no "jocks / nerds / geeks / emo's", because we're all a unit and it pretty much divides into who's in charge and who's not.

I don't know if it will change in high school, but I haven't had any problem with being nerdy...

I'm all natural.  People like me for who I am: A positive attitude, comical, jovial, gamer.

I'm definitely not a nerd.

They'll never know that I sit on the computer 24/7 and do nothing productive

forget. That. I'm tired of conforming to everyone else. I'm just going to do my own thing and not give a forget.

I hope you're 23.

It'll make that statement so much more hilarious.

Fame is corrupting. I know personally, because as soon as I became slightly more popular here, I started acting more like a egotistical jackass. I want to remain anonymous for as long as I can while I'm alive.