Author Topic: 2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]  (Read 430159 times)

that's what you get for being a cheap bastard
Some people get computers handed down to them from parents or cousins cause there poor.

How about using height maps to generate unbreakable bricks as terrain?

This is really cool. Can't wait to see this.

Are the shadows generated in real-time? Do they affect everything (players, vehicles, particles, etc)?

Are the shadows dependent on the "sun" object in the mission editor? Can it be moved in real-time? Can the hue of it be altered?

How well does it handle transparency?
More importantly, will vehicle physics also see an upgrade to retain some semblance of usability? A porting over to bullet physics, perhaps?

Also, a big finger to GSF Ghost, which I appreciate immensely.

that's what you get for being a poor bastard
jeez you nitpicky losers :panda:

More importantly, will vehicle physics also see an upgrade to retain some semblance of usability? A porting over to bullet physics, perhaps?

Sorry, you'll have to wait for after the next update, which is Blockland Main Adventure Mode.

*snip*

that's what you get for being a cheap bastard
I CAN'T buy one, even if I HAD the money too. You can't go around judging people based on how much money they have.
You need to keep terrain, it just takes way too long to make a map out of bricks.
Making custom "building" bricks would be very complicated, and very time consuming.

You guys can't figure out a way to upgrade the physics on vehicles?

So wait, do you hate GSF, or mourn his loss?

Damn, I just noticed.

A lot of maps will break when this comes out.

terrain building isn't very hard at all.

seriosuly hoping for physics update. tank getting stuck on bricks, carpet flys into the air when hitting a brick, jeep goes through large cubes. lets face it, the jeep, tank, and all other vehicles were made for terrain maps. unless there IS a physics overhaul in the future, this is just a "gilded update".
How about using height maps to generate unbreakable bricks as terrain?
that's what i was thinking. unbreakable bricks which would easily be saved (as a 1024x grid or something), then repeated through script. they couldn't break so it would prevent excess memory usage (see: minecraft). it would just save that grid and repeat render it like it does to terrain now, so it would only have to save rendering for that grid.

What's up with all the GSF hate?