Author Topic: 2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]  (Read 429437 times)

Could someone direct me to the post where he says if killed brick physics will now be accurate across all clients or not? I guess I missed that one. All I know is the lighting will effect them, but could that mean as asked?

Could someone direct me to the post where he says if killed brick physics will now be accurate across all clients or not? I guess I missed that one. All I know is the lighting will effect them, but could that mean as asked?

Brick physics are not changing in this update.

Will the default map look more like slate or plate?

Skylands would be cool, especially for the lighting.

So vehicles will still be glitchy with them?
he said BRICK physics. vehicle physics need improvement, and they wont ship out with this update.

Since you said to post pictures & not write essays, here are some pictures:

And for the final one, comparing interior Bedroom to brick Bedroom.

Just thinking of things to compensate for the loss.

The compensation has already been stated. "Shadows and Shaders"

And for the final one, comparing interior Bedroom to brick Bedroom.

Interior looks loads better. Could you possibly post a comparison shot of the Bedroom and the Bedroom build with shadows and smooth lighting, kompressor?

Since you said to post pictures & not write essays, here are some pictures:
these are good for 1998, it's 2012.  Move on to a new engine, download the creation kit tomorrow, that does outdoor environments quite well.  Remember, this game is about building, and you can't build very well on hills.

Can I get a confirm/deny for whether this update will come before/during the summer? I have a movie project I plan on doing over the summer, and it kind of heavily depends on terrain at this point.

No comment -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 04:05:03 PM by kompressor »

So, the update is for sure being put into the game?