Author Topic: 2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]  (Read 428308 times)

With the increased usage of bricks, will the brick limit be raised again? I would see this as sort of a necessity as now we need to create even larger builds to include a built terrain. 512,000 would be the obvious next limit but is it possible to push it further?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 03:32:46 PM by kompressor »

With the increased usage of bricks, will the brick limit be raised again? I would see this as sort of a necessity as now we need to create even larger builds to include a built terrain. 512,000 would be the obvious next limit but is it possible to push it further?

Start posting saves capped out at 256k and I will look into bumping the limit up.

Start posting saves capped out at 256k and I will look into bumping the limit up.
Will there be any way of lessening lag too? Or will it be worse what with the graphic updates?

After getting over the inital shock, I say one thing:
Will you find a way to bring back terrain of this sort?
I will happily sit through it if you can bring it back somehow.

We have no plans to do this at this time. -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 03:44:06 PM by kompressor »

What about JVS Doors? Will their shapes have shadows on them too?

And what happens to builds with enclosed spaces loaded on maps with colored lighting? Do their insides go pitch black if they have no lights even though there is light outside them?
The dts objects will cast shadows.

What about JVS Doors? Will their shapes have shadows on them too?
This was already asked (though i don't blame you for not wanting to go through 65 pages looking), they will

You gotta admit though, Kompressor, there are still some really hot maps that we're losing.

personally, i don't find any of those to be "hot" at all

Fastest growing topic I've ever seen. This looks amazing. I do feel a little sad about the terrain and interiors being removed. Hopefully we see more game-changing features like this coming around.

Also, will flat maps still be able to have water?

I was about to respond to that too, I hope so, possibly with a custom format or something with a conversion tool.

I was about to respond to that too, I hope so, possibly with a custom format or something with a conversion tool.
I think what will happen is we'll get something different from terrain, but still providing the exact abilities that maps give.

You will get blocks and like them. -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 03:45:23 PM by kompressor »

Damn you and your wizardry Kompressor.

Deletion is love -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 03:49:45 PM by Mega-Bear »

Damn.

Will we be seeing a terrain brickset, to compensate?
The problem with current ramps is that little "lip" that they have on the bottom - Making them tricky to use and drive across.

Deletion is love -- kompressor

Let's make delete.

EDIT: What the hell man, you don't need to love two posts a sentence long showing minor opposition to you ...

This thread has enough junk in it without random bitching. I said in the OP will aggressively moderate it. Anything that is leading offtopic will get nuked. If you want to have freeform discussion go to General or Off Topic (but I won't be there). -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 03:50:03 PM by kompressor »