Author Topic: 2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]  (Read 425235 times)

Will this make lighting better?

i'm gonna miss some maps though :(

What will happen to the Tutorial?

This is going to cause an enormous revamp of the game.

OH MY GOD...I JUST MENTIONED YOU GUYS NEED TO ADD THIS KIND OF LIGHTING AT NOBOTS SERVER. THEN I COME TO THE FORUMS TO READ THIS

YEAH!

O my god, the shadows and shaders look amazing!
Though the thought of losing interiors and terrain is kind of weird and sad.

I am not entirely sure if i like the direction this is going.

As asked before, how will we use Skis without terrain? Slope bricks don't usually work very well with Skis, not to mention Skis have always been buggy in general. Maybe if that's all solved, someone could build a replica of Slopes and get it included as default should it be good enough? Obviously I'm not good enough to do it, but... You know.

GSF Ghost, your efforts were good intentioned, but we have no use for them anymore. ;__;

What will happen to the Tutorial?

This is going to cause an enormous revamp of the game.
lol never thought of that

I'm curious what will happen to that?

I just feel bad for all those mappers who spent many hours in map making programs, like GSF ghost. But hey! Those builds look smexy as forget.
Exactly. I probably stand out of everyone but I semi- Dont want this.
The maps are a great part of Blockland, and without that, just Slate, gah what would happen then. Vehicles wouldn't be so fun, Creativity would slack down, and originallity will just go bleh.
We need variety when it comes to where you are building, and if every server is on a slate map, it'l get boring fast.

In order to make all this possible, though, we need to kill two old, slow features in Blockland: interiors and terrains.

We are going to remove interiors and terrain in an upcoming release.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pardon my french but...

I WANT DAMN loving TERRAIN.
ITS MUCH LESS LAGGY THAN MAKING AN ENTIRE loving MAP OUT OF BRICKS.
MY COMPUTER IS 6 YEARS OLD AND IT ALREADY LAGS ON BLOCKLAND, WE CAN'T UPDATE IT BECAUSE ITS LITERALLY SO OLD ITS NEAR IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND PARTS FOR IT.

Hey, what will happen to Physics? Would shadows and shaders work with fakekilled bricks?

Vehicles are pretty horrible with bricks :C