Author Topic: [AoB] Architects of Blockland - 2012  (Read 27682 times)

hey im here to inform you guys that i will be active for the next three months cause school's out for this year. so if there's anything we're doing then i'll be available.

also everytime i join the server i cant go anywhere, im trapped inside the room :(
i guess its because the tram isn't working? because the doors aren't opening.

I'm currently upgrading the tram on SP, along with the rest of my plans for the server. Check back in a few days.

Hahaha sup guys.

How's everyone doing? I miss you all :(

Important news regarding the server and AoB

Due to recent economy related developments, I have decided to consolidate my long-term Blockland "operations" to the one server that I currently have available. This means:

• The server will not be called "[AoB] Official". It will instead be called "Operations". I am still trying to come up with a better name, but that's what I have in the meantime.

• The AoB HQ, app areas, and on-server project spaces will be in one of three "sectors". My current brick budget is 100,000 for the other two and 156,000 for AoB's area.

• The three "sectors" will be connected by a tram system. The three sectors are far apart, so those heading to the AoB section can ghost exclusively those bricks by a camera before they go there.

The two other sectors are the spawn area, which will include a news board and a rules board, and the Beach City complex (Also a temporary name), which includes the other stuff I've been wanting to do with a dedi.

On-server applications are still going, along with member projects. I plan to have this back up in full force by the time Christmas holidays roll around. On-server renovations and modifications are in progress now.

The server is up, running, unpassworded, and the AoB HQ loaded and *mostly* intact, save for JVS door events.

woah thats a cool build

That's a lot of bricks, but when my friend loads the one he saved (tram broke for him) it only comes up less than 2000 bricks

Do you guys have like an anti-build save mod or something?

The tram seems to be broken for everyone.

Flaedr and I can't use it.

The tram seems to be broken for everyone.

Flaedr and I can't use it.

I just fixed it.

How is everyone's scheduling for Thursday and/or Friday?

No plans so far, I should be able to play

I stopped by the server today, first time on BL in quite some time.

An issue I noticed with the tram: when you get in a station, and start ghosting bricks for the area, they don't load fast enough. So while you can't see where to go to get out of the tram car and are forced to just stand there while ghosting happens, the tram moves you along to the next stop.

This issue only occurs until all the bricks have loaded, obviously, just thought I'd point it out.

The hotel looks crazy awesome so far, and I love the HQ :) I'll be back by at some point when more people are on, and I can claim an office or something.

The orange sign in front of the tram in the Spawn Area has a note that addresses this problem. Camera Events are currently broken, and would ordinarily be used to pre-ghost your destinations before you entered the tram.

Instead, ghosting is done by riding the tram for a few circuits until ghosting is complete, or by standing directly in front of the door and walking forward into your preferred destination to ghost exclusively that area.

As soon as camera events are fixed, or I find an alternative, I will implement those and get the ghost cameras working again.

That's a lot of bricks, but when my friend loads the one he saved (tram broke for him) it only comes up less than 2000 bricks

Do you guys have like an anti-build save mod or something?
You guys still haven't addressed this