Author Topic: [Resource/Beta 0.4] Custom Player Animations  (Read 55407 times)

Do you use seperate actions while doing that? or one big one?

Do you use seperate actions while doing that? or one big one?

Just add the start frame from the starting of the action, and make the end frame where your action stops. So yes, one big one.

I recommend using a duplicate blender file for different actions if you're making multiple animations.

As far as I can tell, Shaper is no longer commercially available and the original website for it http://www.inversesoftware.com.au is blank.  I'm going to allow this.  Although as usual, there is risk associated with downloading and running executables from untrusted sources. 
Holy crap.
Yes.

Alot still need patching, like bones being moved around in rotation. and the shaper method is really bad, as you cannot parent or blend animations, and cannot set priority.

I am so god damn happy Shaper is free, I literally jumped out of my chair in joy.

Go abandonware!

So...

Shaper is a .DTS importer?

So...

Shaper is a .DTS importer?
Yes, it is.

Which is awesome because now we can edit/create cooler stuff while still using the ol' classic stuff. :)

Yes, it is.

Which is awesome because now we can edit/create cooler stuff while still using the ol' classic stuff. :)

Sounds cool. I'm going to check this out.

Thanks for the feedback everyone and thank you Badspot for sticking this!! Now that I have some ground on this project, I'll increase my efforts for figuring this whole thing out. Hopefully we can see some custom animations start appearing in weapons in a few months.

Holy wow
This is new

...and will hopefully inject some new life into add-on making. I'm so happy this got stickied! :D
Ironically I have only made on add-on and it got criticized because people ignored the fact that I was new...

I've compiled a RAR archive download of all the things you'd need to set this up (alternate ZIP archive download).

Includes:
  • Blender 2.49b for Windows, Mac, Linux and Solaris
  • Python 2.6.7 for Windows and Mac
  • Shaper 1.13 for Windows
  • Blender .DTS exporter v097, beta 3
  • Fixed player model v0.1
  • Source of fixed player model v0.1
  • Script_PlayerAnimationTest
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 06:06:10 AM by Port »

someone needs to record this in action and post a link.